146 replies to this topic

#1 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

This thread is to discuss all things non-equipment related to the 2013-2014 NHL regular season.

Interesting topics to talk about:

1. Patrick Roy making his return to the NHL in an interesting manner

2. Grabovski scoring a hat trick in his first game with the Capitals

3. Leafs back to back wins on the road

4. George Parros injury

Don't hesitate to bring up other points! I like to hear what other people have to say.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#2 Moose

Moose

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Just watched the Roy outburst. I thought he was selling it a bit to the home crowd. Perhaps to sell tickets or to get his team noticed. Either way, keep it up Saint Patrick.

#3 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

did they release how much his fine would be yet?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#4 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Pierre Lebrun says 10,000$.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#5 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Pierre Lebrun says 10,000$.

seems about right. guess the Pepsi Center will be bolting that partition down a little better for the next game......

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#6 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Maybe a little pre-mature on losing his temper for Roy, but it's justifiable.  THE DUCKS DO THAT EVERY TIME THEY START LOSING.  They throw little baby fits and starting fighting everything that comes their way.  They did the same thing to Detroit last year in the playoffs.  Getzlaf, Perry, and Selanne all got game ejections.  Wasn't surprised that the Ducks did that again.  I'm glad Roy freaked out like he did.  Bruce would've gotten fuckin dummied by Roy

Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#7 Moose

Moose

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Can't stand all this stop-fighting debate simply because of the Parros incident.

Could have happened just as easy as someone cutting across the middle and getting checked then hitting the ice.

Hate to see that happen to Parros but can't stand the anti fighting sentiment that sparked because of this incident.

#8 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Maybe a little pre-mature on losing his temper for Roy, but it's justifiable.  THE DUCKS DO THAT EVERY TIME THEY START LOSING.  They throw little baby fits and starting fighting everything that comes their way.  They did the same thing to Detroit last year in the playoffs.  Getzlaf, Perry, and Selanne all got game ejections.  Wasn't surprised that the Ducks did that again.  I'm glad Roy freaked out like he did.  Bruce would've gotten fuckin dummied by Roy

Loved Roy's passion, reminded me of his bat shit crazy episodes with the Remparts

#9 sid19

sid19
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

What do you guys think of hybrid icing so far? I think it's been nice to see players still battle but only to a point, and I think this might be one of the rule implementations that actually is effective. 

#10 Moose

Moose

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Great rule. Far too many injuries with the old icing.

#11 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

What do you guys think of hybrid icing so far? I think it's been nice to see players still battle but only to a point, and I think this might be one of the rule implementations that actually is effective.

Long over due, great to see a rule that protects the players' safety but doesnt interfere with the game.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#12 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

^it kinda feels like it speeds the game up a bit. I like it.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#13 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm in the same boat as Mincy. The only drawback right now, is that it's being called inconsistently. I look forward to when it's called the same across the league.

#14 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm in the same boat as Mincy. The only drawback right now, is that it's being called inconsistently. I look forward to when it's called the same across the league.

When is ANYTHING called consisently in this league?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#15 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

When is ANYTHING called consisently in this league?

Good point. This is probably going to be a lot tougher to call consistently than penalty standards IMO.

#16 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

^ Never

I like it so far, but there are going to be situational plays like the puck coming around the boards that will create some questionable calls, but I guess then I defer back to ibeck above

#17 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

have you noticed a big difference with the new nets? 

#18 npregler

npregler
  • LocationLA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Great rule. Far too many injuries with the old icing.

i second this its so much better for not getting buckled. We had this in JR's years ago it got alot of the extra shit out of there.

"Can I please go to jail for a week to play hockey?"

tumblr | instagram | twitter

#19 npregler

npregler
  • LocationLA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

have you noticed a big difference with the new nets? 

not really we also had them in for our game the other night at the kings rink its only a foot or so... but we where also on the olympic sheet so it could have been that I knew that room was there too

"Can I please go to jail for a week to play hockey?"

tumblr | instagram | twitter

#20 cott1

cott1

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

^ really? Ha dude I had no fkn clue
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread