Photo

Your Favorite Player

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

hey guys i want to know just for fun What is Your Actual favorite player , your Favorite Player all The time or your idol if you have one ?

you guys already know who is my Idol :LOL:

#2 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

My favorite all time to err play the game is probably joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman Bieng born and growing up in the 90's gave me a lot of chances to see them and I just thought both of them were not only great and intelligent players but very classy and intelligent people off the ice, also both true leaders.

My current favorite player ,and probably will become, if he already isint my favorite of all time, is Jonathan Toews!

#3 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

My favorite all time to err play the game is probably joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman Bieng born and growing up in the 90's gave me a lot of chances to see them and I just thought both of them were not only great and intelligent players but very classy and intelligent people off the ice, also both true leaders.

My current favorite player ,and probably will become, if he already isint my favorite of all time, is Jonathan Toews!

nice numan i meet Kovalev 2 times for his kids foundation these guy are a gentleman he signed all my stuff ! that was a dream

#4 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

I think everyone knows by now my favorite is Okposo

#5 1117

• LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Favourite all time probably Messier. Met him once in the late 80s, great guy. Also Neely and Tocchet in their primes were great to watch.

No one particular favourite player today, but really enjoy following the skilled young guys on teams like the Oilers and Islanders.

#6 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Favorite player by far is Jeremy Roenick, class, skill, physicality, personality, he had it all. All though Gabriel Landeskog is slowly evolving into my favorite current player, kid plays a complete game. Can't forget about my team though... favorite Shark is Ryane Clowe.
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#7 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

always liked Markus Naslund.. current favorite is hard to choose! but I would probably go with Patrick Marleau

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#8 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

DOAN. Class act.

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

DOAN. Class act.

Agreed with that. One of the classiest and best all around guys in the show. But referring to class and how humble some of these guys did any of you read about the selanne/ perry incident yesterday?

#10 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Selanne has always been a class act.

#11 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Agreed with that. One of the classiest and best all around guys in the show. But referring to class and how humble some of these guys did any of you read about the selanne/ perry incident yesterday?

No, what happened?

#12 totalone

totalone

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I have one all time favorite and its Selanne and my current ones are Pierre Marc Bouchard, Cal Clutterbuck and Gabriel Landeskog I look up to all four of them.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#13 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

No, what happened?

Regarding the selanne incident I mentioned. He was selected to the all star game yet again but his teammate correy perry wasn't so Selanee contacted the league and did not decline his spot to rest or stay home with friends and family but to tell the league that they have made a mistake and that the real all star on the ducks is "raining hart trophy winner Corey Perry" other than that he just said he was great fil for the selection but perry deserved to be there more so he wanted what was right. The full article is on NHL.com but that about sums it up. I know Shaun mentioned he's always been a very classy guy and that is very true but something like this just kinda exemplifies that.

#14 Half

Half
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Favorite all-time is Sakic. Favorite current player is probably Parise, although Jamie Benn is quickly closing the gap.

#15 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Of all time? Dougie Gilmour

Currently? Mike Richards

#16 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

All time Pavel Bure. No question. Linden is up there with him though. My current favourite NHLer is Iginla though. His forehead crease and big smile in interviews are endearing.

#17 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Alltime : Ron Francis of course
Current : Giroux and pacioretty

#18 Shark#81

Shark#81
  • LocationSproat Lake

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

One of my favourites was Mats Sundin. I did this video a few years ago that delves into "the Question" - the push from the board to deal Sundin and ask him that he waive his no trade. Against his will, as he was programmed- the on-ice warrior & team captain - to lead the fight for the playoffs until it was a mathematical impossibility. Surely an emotional end to Mat's run in Toronto, a dichotomy of sorts. Then the impossible return where Mats scores to sink the Leafs as a Canuck, mobbed by new teammates in a building that once was his house.

So in the lyric it's fictional board meeting and text exchanges between the CEO/board, the henchmen (GM/assistant) as they try to deal with this monster than Sundin has become, all overlaid with the real video of Sundin fumbling with the the press as he discusses the sensitive question.

URGENT: Board Meeting Request
RE: The Question of Jersey #13

Table the offers file please.
when will we ask the question?
After the morning skate.
two of us should ask the question.

And his response was?
he could not respond sir.
Please clarify, no response.
jersey #13 was unable to speak sir.

Was he being difficult then?
yes sir, jersey # 13 was in difficulty.

Our position is the question.
jersey #13 wont answer the question.
Come on - no wife, no kids
apartments empty fridge & bed.
Couple of beers, some moldy bread.
jersey #13 sir.

Hes back at Rule #1
Rule #1 sir?
Rule #1 F--- the Rules.
And Play the Game.
Latest hockey video:
http://youtu.be/Ncx5fned0ag?hd=1

#19 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

All time Steve Yzerman no doubt about it. I was never not #19 on any team I played for. Current is Nicklas Lidstrom, real class act.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#20 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

80s: The Great One
90s: Jeremy Roenick
2000s: no one in particular
Current: Jonathan Toews. I'm building a shrine lol
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said