171 replies to this topic

#61 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sorry, I made an error in my post. Boston isn't as innocent as they seem. They aren't on Pittsburgh's level, no question about that. But they aren't one of the cleanest out there.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#62 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Here's a list of teams listed from highest to lowest in terms of games suspended:

Phoenix:          44 games

Pittsburgh:      37 games

NY Islanders:  34 games

Buffalo:           31 games

Anaheim:        28 games

Philadelphia:  28 games

Chicago:        21 games

Vancouver:    20 games

Montreal:       18 games

Washington:  17 games

Boston:          16 games

St Louis:        16 games

Edmonton:     13 games

San Jose:       12 games

Toronto:         12 games

Minnesota:     9 games

Dallas:            9 games

Detroit:           8 games

New Jersey:    8 games

Columbus:      8 games

Carolina:        8 games

NY Rangers:  7 games

Colorado:       7 games

Florida:          6 games

ATL/WPG:     6 games

Tampa Bay:   5 games

Los Angeles: 5 games

Dallas:           4 games

Nashville:       4 games

Ottawa:          3 games

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#63 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

That phoenix statistic is way skewed because of torres suspension I'm assuming

#64 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

That phoenix statistic is way skewed because of torres suspension I'm assuming

Exactly. I didn't include pre-season game suspensions as well. I did include suspensions where games were carried over into the regular seasons.

#65 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Looks like the league has made a decision on Neal's knee to Marchand's head.

http://m.youtube.com...eature=youtu.be

#66 ken6473

ken6473

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Darren Dreger just tweeted that Neal got 5 games.

#67 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

If Neal got 5 games, Thornton deserves MINIMUM 10

BUT, as we all know, Ciarelli will have a little chat with his best friend Gary Bettman and he will maybe get 3!

Way to go NHL!

#68 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

HOW in the hell is no one even talking about Dupuis fucking swing of his stick that broke Chris Kelly's ankle?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#69 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

If Neal got 5 games, Thornton deserves MINIMUM 10

BUT, as we all know, Ciarelli will have a little chat with his best friend Gary Bettman and he will maybe get 3!

Way to go NHL!

Actually it's Jacob's that's "good friends" with Bettman...

He's like Palpatine and Bettman is Vador... He's the guy on the board of governors that got Bettman his last extension contract ( 3 million per year ) 

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#70 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Neal got 5 games.  Well deserved.   Thornton deserves 15-20 games

#71 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

HOW in the hell is no one even talking about Dupuis fucking swing of his stick that broke Chris Kelly's ankle?

Kelly actually finished the game, the incident happened in the 2nd period...  :eek:

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#72 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Actually it's Jacob's that's "good friends" with Bettman...

He's like Palpatine and Bettman is Vador... He's the guy on the board of governors that got Bettman his last extension contract ( 3 million per year ) 

True man!

I was so fucking pissed that i completly fucked up the names haha

#73 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

as far as Neal's suspension goes, having seen the  suspension video I must say I agree but feel one part is BS: the part where they say Neal isn't a repeat offender under the CBA but the league can't ignore his history. while I agree with the punishment I don't feel the league can have it both ways. basically what they're saying is, "we can't treat him as a repeat offender. oh wait, yes we can!"

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#74 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

hes a repeat offender, but hes playing for the leagues best asset, kind of bullshit honestly

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#75 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

as far as Neal's suspension goes, having seen the  suspension video I must say I agree but feel one part is BS: the part where they say Neal isn't a repeat offender under the CBA but the league can't ignore his history. while I agree with the punishment I don't feel the league can have it both ways. basically what they're saying is, "we can't treat him as a repeat offender. oh wait, yes we can!"

I agree with this.. he either isn't a repeat offender and it wont be taken into consideration, or he is. 

also, I think this sums it up well 

#76 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I agree with this.. he either isn't a repeat offender and it wont be taken into consideration, or he is. 

I posted that video about 10 posts up, bud.   :LOL:

#77 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Love it. 

#78 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

I didn't read through the whole thread so I'm sorry if I'm echoing thoughts but here we go:
Boston is dirty. The pens are dirty. Every team in the league is dirty at one time or another. Ignore the teams, think about the people. Neal is a prick and constantly is hacking people but never gets called because he's a "star". Marchand is a dick as well and known for his antics so not many people are going to feel bad for him. Its still an unbelievably dirty play.
Just from watching a few Pens games I already know that Orpik targets mainly smaller people. And he very rarely answers for his hits. If you're a big hitter you better be ready to answer the bell. He didn't. He got dragged down (dirty play definitely) but then continued to mouth off. Dude, come on.
Theres no need to think of the result, think of the intent. Both are bad, but come on, a knee to the face of a fallen player is just as dirty as shoving a guys face after he has fallen.

Im not excusing Thornton at all. I know it was dirty, he knows it was dirty, the whole world knows it was dirty. But Neal's little asshat move was just as dirty. Theres no reason for Neal to get 5 and Thornton to get more than double that.

#79 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

facewashing? wtf are you talking about? Thornton grabs Orpik fom behind (gutless), slew foots him (dirtiest play in hockey, imo) and then punches him while he's defenseless. not to mention ALL of this happened after the whistle. it's Bertuzzi-esque which I found surprising coming from a guy like Thornton.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#80 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I edited the post, I saw the clip on YouTube on my phone and it looked like it was open palmed, not punching. It was clear when I saw it on TV though, they were legit punches.
Yes it was dirty and gutless but my point is that Neil's was as well, yet many people expect Thornton to get 25+ and are happy with 5 for Neil.