Photo

Easton V9e Pro stock at HockeyMonkey

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#81 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

So what the hell is HM selling? Lol....
Glad all this came out b/c it has totally turned me off in getting one of these.
Liddy:-)

#82 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of sticks in the mail this week and you'll know whether "some guy at the local store" was talking about these sticks, other sticks, or just talking out of his ass....  you know, because guys in hockey stores never pass along bad information or anything......

HockeyMonkey doesn't usually pass along crap and call it "pro stock."    That's usually what ebay is for.  

On the other hand, if there's something actually wrong with these, we'll hear about it pretty quickly.  But as far as I can tell, information from "some guy at the local store" has generated 2 or 3 pages of panic over some sticks nobody has actually received yet.

#83 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

HMs pro stock is always legit from my experience, we also have a few members who work for HM so.

Probably wouldn't trust the guy at the rink, most of them don't usually have a clue...

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#84 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Ok NOW I'm gonna order some hahaha I'm all over the map!!!! Lol
Liddy:-)

#85 Fatsauce

Fatsauce

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Unfortunately Easton does have a China factory. If you live in Canada and have a Sport Chek in your area go check out their RS and RS2 sticks. They are all made in china and they're shitty sticks. Heavier than the made in Mexico versions and I've read that the carbon used is a lower quality. Sport Chek is selling them for $119.

#86 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of sticks in the mail this week and you'll know whether "some guy at the local store" was talking about these sticks, other sticks, or just talking out of his ass....  you know, because guys in hockey stores never pass along bad information or anything......
HockeyMonkey doesn't usually pass along crap and call it "pro stock."    That's usually what ebay is for.  
On the other hand, if there's something actually wrong with these, we'll hear about it pretty quickly.  But as far as I can tell, information from "some guy at the local store" has generated 2 or 3 pages of panic over some sticks nobody has actually received yet.

My info was just an FYI , people can bank it or totally disregard it.
I wasn't trying to insinuate that these "were the sticks" he told me what he "knew" and I passed it along...

And now with What Fatsauce says , it doesn't seem like such bullshit info I was told.

#87 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

People could always call and see if it says on the stick where it was manufactured , if it says Mexico , fine.
If its in Asia , make a choice.

I saw this topic so I posted info.

Would I have started a topic to tell people what I heard ..? No
But since this was here I did.

#88 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

My info was just an FYI , people can bank it or totally disregard it.
I wasn't trying to insinuate that these "were the sticks" he told me what he "knew" and I passed it along...
And now with What Fatsauce says , it doesn't seem like such bullshit info I was told.

I took it as an FYI, but I was just pointing out to the others here who took it that it was gospel and that these are the sticks he was referring to. Maybe they are. Don't know until somebody gets the sticks from HM and actually tells us. So I think there's no reason to panic since these sticks will probably be showing up at people's houses in the next day or two.

#89 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Agreed ... Didn't mean for my reply to sound like an attack , if it did.. Gr8

I saw your point.

#90 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Agreed ... Didn't mean for my reply to sound like an attack , if it did.. Gr8
I saw your point.

No worries, I didn't take it that way. I filed your info away for Intel and hope that what you heard isn't true about these particular sticks. We are probably 24 hours away from knowing more, so I just wanted to point that out to the couple of people who were asking questions and worrying about things that nobody knows are actual problems at this point. :)

#91 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Exactly , just intel.

#92 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

There is ton of "fake stick" going around here in MTL , QC ...

If you take a look at Kijiji there is nearly only that on the web site ..

They are coming directly from a factory in China , I know someone who is dealing with those factories and selling fake stick !

Now they almost have nearly every brand : Bauer, V9e , RBZ ...
The best way to counter that is to know what are the sticker of the companies inside there stick !
Or to look at the grip or small detail ... But never reallg saw fake pro stock !

Pretty sure hockey monkey is selling legit stuff !

#93 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Funny your telling this HS i was talking to one last week and saw that he lived in terrebonne near me i told im straight up are they fake or legit ..and before you tell me if you sell me a fake i will brake your face off :P he replyed Dont buy from me :P

#94 stnly07

stnly07

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

All the ones I received say "made in Mexico"

#95 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Stnly07 wrote me that his HM stick is stamped Mexico

#96 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

How did the play ?

#97 stnly07

stnly07

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

If you're asking me how do they play I'm not sure bc I haven't used them yet

#98 danglesnipe6

danglesnipe6
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

JL That was the one I was thinking of!

Tim, I got them in the mail today.  The curve looks sick!  I cant wait to try it out.  

Also, the sticks i received today, V9E, says they are made in mexico.  

#99 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

Nobody at any point in time said anything about fake sticks ......

Only that Easton had trouble with some sticks that were made in THIER factory in China.

#100 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Anybody receive their sticks yet ?