Photo

Women's Gold Medal game: Canada vs USA - Feb 20 2014

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I think they were making up for the bs call for a "slash on the goal keeper" that wasn't a penalty either
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#22 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Brutal

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#23 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

The officiating in this game was totally atrocious. The ref should be ashamed. Controlled the outcome of the game. And that's coming from a Canadian.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#24 Foley215

Foley215
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Bullshit Referreeing.

#25 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Wow...that game had everything.

Btw: think about the two massive ref blunders (running into the player on the blue line and almost causing an empty netter, missing that penalty shot), if this was against the US they would have had to get bullet proof vests when traveling, this way they might just have to deal with getting assigned a bad parking spot ;)).

#26 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Great finish :LOL:

Ref are very average in the IIHF, but it went both ways and has been like this since the start of the tournament.

Sooo happy for Poulin and the rest of Canada! :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#27 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Olympic refs deciding a gold medal game is just wrong. that ref was great for 60 minutes of regulation hockey and then in the OT she starts making calls that would be marginal in regulation.

I even thought the original call on Canada was shaky for OT.

that said, I am still VERY proud of my USA Women's Ice Hockey team. they played their hearts out and I'm especially proud of my former teammate, USA Hockey Women's Team General Manager Reagan Carey!

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#28 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

I can't believe how upset I am over this game.. I cannot wait until tomorrow when USA mens gets revenge

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#29 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Olympic refs deciding a gold medal game is just wrong. that ref was great for 60 minutes of regulation hockey and then in the OT she starts making calls that would be marginal in regulation.

I even thought the original call on Canada was shaky for OT.

that said, I am still VERY proud of my USA Women's Ice Hockey team. they played their hearts out and I'm especially proud of my former teammate, USA Hockey Women's Team General Manager Reagan Carey!

I didn't think it was a shaky call at all. The American player was in a pretty vulnerable position, and the Canadian player dropped the hammer on her. I missed the slashing call against the Americans. Was it a weak call?

But that cross check. Ouch. The ref knew she had to call a penalty shot, but who wants to be the one to make a call like that in OT, in a gold medal game?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#30 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

I can't believe how upset I am over this game.. I cannot wait until tomorrow when USA mens gets revenge

hahahaha! glad I'm not the only one. :) my gf didn't watch on purpose. she basically "went dark" knowing I would call her when it was over. I think when it got to be 2:40 and she hadn't heard from me she got nervous. when it was over and I called and told her how USA coughed it up and then how the reffing was in the OT she started to get mad. :)

#31 wbj

wbj

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

It will be a tough game.

Im going for Canada, 3-2 in o/t :D

Nice prediction

#32 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

wow, I'd forgotten about that. damn you Dupes!!! ;)

#33 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

^^^^ Hmmm. I'm starting to think Dupes was controlling the game.......conspiracy? :)

#34 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

He went back and edited his post ( get it post ? ) ...he is after all the webmaster of this site... :P 

:canada:

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#35 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

:LOL:

I actually forgot about my prediction, thanks for reminding me!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#36 pwb3

pwb3
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Still super pround of the USA ladies. :usa:   They played their hearts out.

#37 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

It will be a tough game.
Im going for Canada, 3-2 in o/t :D

Nice prediction dupes.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#38 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I just hope the reffing tomorrow is way better.  I don't a game decided on a bad call but it always happens.  Just put the whistles away and let them play.  please no diving canada and usa.  Just hoping a good honest game

you have to agree the swiss women's team, very good looking

#39 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

I wonder how they can choose a women's referee from great Britain to the gold medal game?

Why is there only 1 ref?

Worse case, put 1 ref from Canada and 1 from USA + 2 linesmen.

Still super pround of the USA ladies. :usa:   They played their hearts out.

They did, I went to the final of the world's last year, and USA out played Canada.

I was prepared to see USA win the gold this week as well.

#40 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

The slashing call was weak, but USA was warned earlier in the game about slashing the goalie after the whistle. 

For Sale: