ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...eason-1.2566664

What do you guys think?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#2 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Fuckin joke it was it is, at least get someone who is hockey related for christ sake, he's just a Hab fan with a Mr T starter kit hanging from his ears.

#3 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

George Strombo is awesome at what he does, interviewing people. He is very knowledgable and charismatic. That being said not sure how he will fit into the hockey world. Just can't see it...

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#4 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Fuckin joke it was it is, at least get someone who is hockey related for christ sake, he's just a Hab fan with a Mr T starter kit hanging from his ears.

Couldn't agree more, whatever retard hired him should be fuckin fired.

George Strombo is awesome at what he does, interviewing people. He is very knowledgable and charismatic. That being said not sure how he will fit into the hockey world. Just can't see it...

In my opinion I've watched his show and I think it's complete garbage. He doesn't do anything that makes me want to watch his show.

I've watched him on much music, watched him on CBC and I really don't know how he continues to have a job, not really anything unique about him. They tried to put him on cnn for an hour and that was a huge flop. This dude has zero entertainment value.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#5 Moose

Moose

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Strombo started his career on the Fan 590 and hosted his own show. Ron Maclean was a weatherman and a disc jockey so you points kinda invalid.

This whole CBC sportsnet conglomerate is gonna change hockey night in Canada and do a complete 180 to what we've been used to.

#6 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Strombo started his career on the Fan 590 and hosted his own show. Ron Maclean was a weatherman and a disc jockey so you points kinda invalid.
This whole CBC sportsnet conglomerate is gonna change hockey night in Canada and do a complete 180 to what we've been used to.

Unfortunately this is one of those things that you don't change. It's like changing the yellow arches of mcdonalds or making the Canadian flag purple. You just don't mess with such iconic things like that.

#7 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

I don't like him or is humour .....

He is a great interviewer because he is a great researcher.
I don't like how he tries to know everything about everything.

#8 Moose

Moose

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm sure this was the same discussion when they've changed hockey night in Canada a hundred times before. From showing games in their entirety to showing doubleheaders it's an institution of Canada that's undergone drastic changes throughout its history. It's a host. Get over it.

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

It's a garbage host, that's why this is going to spark a lot of controversy. He has no business being on HNIC. As bad as this sounds I'd rather had Glenn Healy in that box than him and I absolutely despise that guy.

#10 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

Moose , get over people not liking him.

#11 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

It's a garbage host, that's why this is going to spark a lot of controversy. He has no business being on HNIC. As bad as this sounds I'd rather had Glenn Healy in that box than him and I absolutely despise that guy.

#12 Moose

Moose

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

I just don't understand the genuine hate for something so trivial?

#13 Moose

Moose

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

I don't care about Strombo one way or the other it's just comical hearing hockey "purists" chastise the decision.

#14 stryland

stryland
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

Rogers coverage of hockey sucks. There was a rumour going around that they approached James Duthie to host this show or the pregame show on Sportsnet. I imagine this will suck and so will Rogers hockey broadcast until they pry away Gord Miller from TSN.

#15 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

I don't care about Strombo one way or the other it's just comical hearing hockey "purists" chastise the decision.

couldn't be much worse than having Dennis Miller on monday night football

#16 2Fast2Fleuryous

2Fast2Fleuryous
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Oh no, there's going to be a new host for all of the CBC broadcast that I don't watch already. Maybe some people still watch the angry retired goalie, the retired 4th liner with some macho thing to prove, and Kevin Weekes talk about stuff but Id rather use that time to grab a beer and or literally do anything else.

Now, if you threw him in as a play by play or colour guy then he would probably give McGuire a run for his money as worst commentator in the game.

But as someone whos sole job is to say a sentence to get Healy all fired up about something, so that Stock can talk about that one time something happened and how it affected the locker room and the guys, and Weekes can just sit in the middle I don't think he can be that bad.

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

in your view, i believe stombo would take CBC from sucking to sucking to the 100th power

#18 2Fast2Fleuryous

2Fast2Fleuryous
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

If it sucks when I'm not watching then so be it, The difference between -30 and -40 doesn't feel that big, same goes for crap getting crappier.

What they need to do is make the breaks interesting enough so my girlfriend doesn't want to switch to some other bullshit and me miss the start of the periods, then we're all happy.

#19 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

2 Fast , I never looked at it that way , sole purpose is to just set up the discussion.
That makes alot of sense .....

Just like the guy on TSN who looks like the dude from hangover , he's not an ex hockey player
He just sets everything up.

Ok , maybe not so bad then.
Now if we didn't have to see his ugly face and head.

#20 2Fast2Fleuryous

2Fast2Fleuryous
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Well its not like Ron adds a whole lot to the discussions, I can't see the role drastically changing.