Photo

"Counterfeit" Ebay thread

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Easy if the stick is below 150$ cnd (for a top tier ops)then its below cost we pay at the store ....

#42 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Easy if the stick is below 150$ cnd (for a top tier ops)then its below cost we pay at the store ....

A lot of sticks on this very sites stick for sale section are sold for around $150, some a bit more, some a bit less, most of the people here aren't selling fake sticks so I wouldn't use this as a great indicator

#43 Hockeyman90

Hockeyman90
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

This thread is great! As a newbi, I like the idea being able to see what all you vets are looking at! I second the earlier posting mentioning pics, or links, and an explanation of what characteristics were used to identify the product as fake...

#44 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

...this Junkyard fellow seems to do a lot of self-promotion in threads other than this one: http://www.sports2k....and-promotions/

go talk about how great your stuff is in there... that thread needs more action anyways.

+1000000

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#45 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

A lot of sticks on this very sites stick for sale section are sold for around $150, some a bit more, some a bit less, most of the people here aren't selling fake sticks so I wouldn't use this as a great indicator

I think he's talking about people tsellin retail sticks on Kijiji and sale site like this for 140-150$, when cost price for a retail store is about 130-150 per stick

#46 Rink Rat

Rink Rat
  • LocationStouffville

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Wow I wish my store could buy Bauer's for 130 to 150 wholesale. I don't see them for even close to that.

#47 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

The MX3 set to be released in a couple months a good giveaway too, especially since they are retail.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#48 dimitrym91

dimitrym91

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

I don't know any retail store selling top end sticks for anywhere near $150, try between $250 and $300

#49 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

JRZ bag made by JRZ. Not sure how that can be misconstrued as counterfeit, knockoff, or fake but okay.

Different story than some sweat shop in China making bags and stamping JRZ on them, which I doubt is the case here.

#50 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

There have been a few fake sticks that popped up on here actually. We've just been on top of it.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#51 - M

- M

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

Tough to judge on the price alone.  What if the fakes started selling for $200+?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#52 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yeah price isn't a great indicator. I mean realistically if someone is selling a retail twig ask for a receipt if it's not a member you don't see often lol
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#53 dimitrym91

dimitrym91

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

Ya I was just saying going by price isn't going to be a dead giveaway, nothing is stopping me from selling a pro stock ops for $50, that doesn't mean it's counterfeit, obviously you have to know what you are looking for to spot it

#54 dimitrym91

dimitrym91

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

I also want to say in regards to the bags, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt baker is selling fake stuff, he clearly has some crazy good hook ups so it's not surprising he is able to get his hands on those bags, now they may not have been used by Richards and carter but to label them as fake is silly, unless you can tell me exactly where they came from and give me evidence that they aren't legit then I don't think anyone should be calling them fake

#55 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

I also want to say in regards to the bags, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt baker is selling fake stuff, he clearly has some crazy good hook ups so it's not surprising he is able to get his hands on those bags, now they may not have been used by Richards and carter but to label them as fake is silly, unless you can tell me exactly where they came from and give me evidence that they aren't legit then I don't think anyone should be calling them fake

If my post doesn't keep getting deleted, I would still be telling you that the LA Kings use Forte for their bags.

#threadcloser

#56 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

I don't think that's what he meant. You're saying the JRZ bags aren't the JRZ bags that are made in Canada (fakes) when in fact they are. They're not counterfeits from China which is what we are trying to find in making this topic with all the sticks coming in.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#57 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

I never said they weren't JRZ bags.  

What I said was the bags are counterfeit/fake LA Kings bags, meaning they were never made for the Kings and are being sold as PRO STOCK.  

I think the best way to put it is that the LA Kings "identity" has been stolen by someone in order for them to make money off of others.

#threadcloser

#58 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Correct. But what people are saying is that this topic is made for posting counterfeit items, like all the twigs and jerseys, not falsely advertised ones we'll say, ya know
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#59 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:23 AM

Correct. But what people are saying is that this topic is made for posting counterfeit items, like all the twigs and jerseys, not falsely advertised ones we'll say, ya know

As I previously posted Steph, Dupes ORIGINAL post doesn't limit the products to twigs and jerseys...

10264276_286373348202826_766559382446746

#threadcloser

#60 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

Oh no, of course not lol and I wouldn't limit it to that either haha.

We're saying that this topic was created to post counterfeit/fake items made overseas. Bags are made by JRZ with the logo on them. Posting the bags saying the bags themselves are fake/counterfeit isn't accurate, and not belonging in here is why everyone seems confused by the post. The bags are made in Canada at the JRZ factory with the logo on them, not overseas replicating a JRZ bag or Kings logo.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1