Photo

Anyone ever play any puck with Pro's / Former Pro's?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Agree about the skill level. The few I've played against are just there for fun, and are running at about 20%, but even so, can pass, stickhandle, and skate circles around me with no effort at all. Its really amazing to see how talented these guys are. Thats one of the coolest things about ice hockey. These guys, no matter how old, still want to just have fun and play, not show up and prove to a bunch of 35 year old men how great they are. On the ice, they are just one of us. A hell of a lot better, but still, one of us. Its not like at 35 you can head to the local football field and play against an NFL'er, or a baseball diamond and bat against an MLB caliber pitcher.

#22 Scoff

Scoff

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

10 years ago in the summer I used to go out on Friday afternoons at the RA center in Ottawa with a bunch of OHL, NHL, ECHL and CHL guys that were in town for the summer. It was a fun skate. It was great to keep in condition with the talent that was there. I also liked that no one was trying to prove anything. Fast skating great puck movement and actually having great flow.

My first year out of junior hockey, I played in an Ottawa men's league. I took more sticks to the face and blindsided hits in half a season, then 4 season of junior hockey. It would be great to find a good group of guys to skate with. Opposed to guys that really don’t know what they are doing and play at 300%

#23 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

I once drew a roughing penalty on Bob Halkidis (former Leaf and Wing) in a men's league game here in Greensboro. May possibly be the high-light of my "illustrious" career.

#24 craig8392

craig8392
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

I've played with Chris Bala.

#25 Hockeyman90

Hockeyman90
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

While I've not played with them... I Played in an over 40 tourney (I'm in my early 30's, but the rink needed a fill in team and we were all they could put together on short notice) against a team from Los Angeles put together by Jamie Kompon. I believe the team was made of mostly ex pros and minor leaguers... Great guy, and an incredible player... Red Berrenson is a regular at this tourney as well.

#26 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

i'm on the ice with myself all the time. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#27 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

During the 2004 NHL lock out got invited to practice with the devils during one of the players practices. Got to go one on one with marty a few times. All super down to earth guys. Now i occasionally will run into a few pro's from the ECHL at open hockeys. Also had a guy that playing in i think the WPHL play on a tournament team with me, guy was like 40 years old and all he wore were sweat pants, gloves and elbow pads. Great times.

#28 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:31 AM

Played against Kopitar, Grabner and Raffl in juniors...
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#29 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

skated with a few pro's over summer, Jonathan Blum came out to a pickup once, guy was incredible.  Skated with Mitch Callahan and Matt White at a different skate, both guys in the ahl and pretty sick too, but Blum was insane.  Played against a few pro's a couple summers back playing pro roller hockey, and a couple D1 NCAA guys. The skill level is ridiculous, so fun passing and playing with them

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#30 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

A buddy of mine took me to an open skate at the Joe. Datsyuk, Abby, Kronwall, Smith, Tatar, and Nyquist were all out there when we got there.  Datsyuk came up to me and asked if I could get the puck from him....yeah, that didn't even come close to happening, though I think I did way better than that one Fox news guy.

Brett Bellemore of the Hurricanes was my defense partner in AAA.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#31 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Phil Kessel, Connor Allen, Al Montoya, and Tommy Wingels.

#32 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

Pat Kane.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#33 craig8392

craig8392
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

Eric knodel playing for the marlies, know his gf first kids huge gonna be big in the nhl

#34 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

one of the guys who skated out on my rec league team was a goalie for the Portland Winterhawks. he was so good as a skater that I can't even imagine how good of a goalie he was. after juniors he went to medical school and is now a plastic surgeon.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#35 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

Pat Kane.

details

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#36 ChrisMolnar

ChrisMolnar
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

There's a summer league in Buffalo called the FHL that a lot of hometown guys play in. A lot of NHL, AHL, Major Junior, USHL, and NCAA players play every year. Guys like Patrick Kane, the Conachers, Tim Kennedy, and a ton more that all come back for the summer are usually on rosters. Super fun league to play in with incredible talent.

#37 - M

- M

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

I've skated with Darcy Rota a few times (best known for his time with the Blackhawks and Canucks in the 70s/80s) when he was still President of the Coquitlam Express last season.  For someone who doesn't play much anymore (except for the occasional charity or alumni games) he's still got the hands.  He'd tell me to skate hard out of the zone and out of nowhere he'd throw saucer passes and hit tape to tape consistently.  Hands down one of the nicest guys I've met.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#38 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Same minor association as Colton Gillies and Colten Teubert. Played a bit of spring 3v3 with/against them...boy were they above everybody else.

#39 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

There's a summer league in Buffalo called the FHL that a lot of hometown guys play in. A lot of NHL, AHL, Major Junior, USHL, and NCAA players play every year. Guys like Patrick Kane, the Conachers, Tim Kennedy, and a ton more that all come back for the summer are usually on rosters. Super fun league to play in with incredible talent.

I think my buddy Dan plays in that league.  Lives in Chili, NY.  He played goalie a few years back for American International College.