Photo

Custom Pro Repair

• Please log in to reply
1921 replies to this topic

#1221 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

If it's not what you want then you don't buy it, but why should nobody else be able to buy them if it's what they want? I've seen plenty of gloves in the Custom Pro Repair thread I would be very happy to own and would certainly pay sone premium over an unmodified pair.
STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#1222 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

If you're paying for YOUR mods maybe they shouldn't be going for sale? I'd much rather buy a pair of gloves and get the mods I want done than buying gloves built to someone else's specs.

I feel in the same boat specially when you are looking for gloves made in canada have it be Warrior or easton. They are harder to come by and the at least for me i'm pretty specific on what I want. Some pairs I don't bother because i'd have to send them to have undone work and then done my way. 

#1223 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

If it's not what you want then you don't buy it, but why should nobody else be able to buy them if it's what they want? I've seen plenty of gloves in the Custom Pro Repair thread I would be very happy to own and would certainly pay sone premium over an unmodified pair.

and I don't buy them. I'm just saying that logically I don't understand sending off a pair of gloves to mod if I'm not modding them for myself.

if others want to spend their hard-earned money then they certainly can but I just don't get spending say, $130 on a pair of gloves, paying another say, $150 for mods with no intention of keeping them and then asking $300 for a $130 pair of gloves.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1224 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

Haha so true

#1225 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

And on that note as well it's like putting work into a car.. you never get out what you put in for $$

Tickle the twine

#1226 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

any one have a picture of what -1/4 of the finger length looks like? someone posted something and can't seem to find it! thanks!!

#1227 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

And on that note as well it's like putting work into a car.. you never get out what you put in for $$

I would agree with this. Just because you paid x amount for the mods doesn't mean it's worth original price plus X. I mean if you're lucky you might find someone that will pay it.

You might get lucky if you have something with crazy specs that are found on some of the much sought after gloves but most of the time you're gonna eat the cost. It's pretty much an expense, mods aren't like renovations to a house where you put in a kitchen and it adds substantial value.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1228 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

for all those that went with narrow palms on wides or -.5 on at the wrist how did it feel compared to a narrow? Seen 2 different things on here one thing i saw was go - 1", .5 and extra liners, and -.5

#1229 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Had a pair of retail AX1s sitting around, so I sent them up to Pat and Ken in October.  
Retail gloves

They got around to them this week, and I can't wait to get them mailed back.

Swapped out the entire cuff.  Had them embroider my kids names on them, and my number.

New palms.  Went with black spyder, with a black nash overlay on my top hand.

Also did black stretch gussets, and a new backhand pad on the inside.

Finished it off with white Easton Tabs.

Gloves 1
Gloves 2
Gloves 3

#1230 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

nice man! guess you've had a pretty quick turn around considering some guys have been waiting since august/july

#1231 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Those look amazing!

#1232 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

nice man! guess you've had a pretty quick turn around considering some guys have been waiting since august/july

A few weeks ago, they told me it would be another month or two.  Then this past tuesday, they said they can get to it in the next few weeks.  And on thursday they were done lol.  I'll take that!

#1233 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Received my gloves today.  All I can say is WOW.  The work on the gloves is absolutely flawless.  Every detail of what they did is perfect.  I'll be using them in a game tonight.

#1234 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Pat never disappoints! No one else touches my mitts for a reason

#1235 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

5 month wait is well worth it!!!! I can't wait to try them!

gallery_670_419_72220.jpg

gallery_670_419_5085.jpg

#1236 Hokie

Hokie
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

5 month wait is well worth it!!!! I can't wait to try them!

Nice!

I put my order in yesterday for the same plams, so it's nice to get a preview of what they'll look like.  After a long wait, it sounds like my order is getting worked on today or next week.

#1237 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Beautiful

#1238 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

It's good that people have been putting the length of time it's taking for him to work on your stuff just so we can get an average wait time as of late. I was lucky enough to get work done by him way back when it was only a 2-3 week turnaround. Either way, even if it was 6 months id have no issues waiting as id be rotating other mitts. For those of you that haven't had it done yet, your palms and mods will come back better than factory. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1239 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

It's good that people have been putting the length of time it's taking for him to work on your stuff just so we can get an average Wait time as of late. I was lucky enough to get work done by him way back when it was only a 2-3 week turnaround. Either way, even if it was 6 months id have no issues waiting as id be rotating other mitts. For those of you that haven't had it done yet, your palms and mods will come back better than factory. 

feel the same way. 90% of us on here have enough gear to get us thru the 3-4 month wait. Between the customer service and attention to detail on everything no one else will work on my stuff.  With all the outdoor door games over it should pick up, hopefully the all-star game doesn't slow him down. 

#1240 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

I'm gonna send my Tavares Brooklyn gloves (the black ones) what should I get done to them suggestions