Photo

Custom Pro Repair

• Please log in to reply
1921 replies to this topic

#1641 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

ken sent me the picture of wheelin89's gloves posted on page 81 , which is the same cuff as the picture I posted from hockey monkey. same cuff. they can do that or Bollands ( picture I posted of royal QRL's ) on QRL cuff change.. those are some older pictures of Letang , maybe he wears QRL'S now.

I requested bolland cuff. Listen, there’s not a huge difference, if you say Easton short cuff/letang cuff/bolland cuff it’s all going to turn out to be pretty much the same thing.

#1642 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

ken sent me the picture of wheelin89's gloves posted on page 81 , which is the same cuff as the picture I posted from hockey monkey. same cuff. they can do that or Bollands ( picture I posted of royal QRL's ) on QRL cuff change.. those are some older pictures of Letang , maybe he wears QRL'S now.

No arguement here, just stating that Ken must not be talking about Letang's Warrior glove specs because he never had an Easton cuff on any of his Franchise/AX1 Pro's... and he never wore anything other than those models in Warrior. The pictures you shared must be his cuff, specially if CPR confirmed... just not a cuff he has had on any glove since he wore Easton.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#1643 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Attached File  thumbnail.jpg   38.37KB   0 downloads

A pair coming back home soon..

#1644 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

gallery_669_1315_1894957.jpg

Are the thumb and cuff roll the only things that are original on those? Ken and Pat have outdone themselves!

Custom everything.

#1645 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

attachicon.gifthumbnail.jpg

A pair coming back home soon..

I can't see that pic.....

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1646 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

Are the thumb and cuff roll the only things that are original on those? Ken and Pat have outdone themselves!

Here is what they originally looked like. The thumbs were completely remade, and besides the cuff roll the only other original parts were the four rolls, fingers and gussets. All embroidery, cuff, liners and palms were the work of CPR.

gallery_669_1315_14547.jpg

- Change long lock thumb to a regular short thumb.
- Red nash thumb with embroidered Warrior "W", cream thread.
- Replace pinky nameplate, "DO BETTER (on left) MORE OFTEN" (on right). Frequency font, Red tufftek, cream thread.
- Easton cuff, Cleary under cuff (no plastics at all). Red tufftek, silvershield liner, red binding, Made in Canada tag.
- Spade Symbol (♤) on inside right cuff, "A" Serif font inside left. Cream thread.
- Easton tabs between 4-rolls, red tufftek.
- Remove AX1 jewel.
- Single layer Nash palm, Nash Grip Kovy overlay (left/top hand only). red binding (no pinky or index finger binding).

*CPR's nash palm are the cats pajamas. Whoever said otherwise should be beat with a rubber hose.

#1647 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

They’re sweet...so what was that, like $2700? Haha

#1648 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

^move the decimal to the left,add $20 USD. The Pro Stock hobby has changed dramatically over the last few years and I would much rather spend money on something truly unique, versus any run of the mill "hard to find" piece that every seller on eBay has...

#1649 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

That spec list has me kicking myself for not including certain things on my gloves that are currently on their way back to me

#1650 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

I can't see that pic.....

http://www.sports2k....untitled-album/

Here are the 4 pairs I had done put in a gallery..Basically just repalms...The Islander V10's I had them remove the floating cuff and the Tampa CL's they had to unsew to fingers that were sewn together for injured finger...

Look good...feel good...Now, if I could only play good...

#1651 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

That spec list has me kicking myself for not including certain things on my gloves that are currently on their way back to me

What did you get done?

#1652 gsr027

gsr027

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:44 PM

They received my gloves 11/15, got em back yesterday, so if you’re in the late November/early December range you should be close!

#1653 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

What did you get done?

repalm with gussets & name. Nothing special. Just wish I had thought to have the pinky and index binding removed. 

#1654 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

repalm with gussets & name. Nothing special. Just wish I had thought to have the pinky and index binding removed.

You might get lucky. Pat did my binding only half way up on the pink and index.

#1655 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

You might get lucky. Pat did my binding only half way up on the pink and index.

I got them back a few days ago and the binding is indeed only half way up which is cool, just would have rathered it not be there at all lol. Next time!

#1656 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

I got them back a few days ago and the binding is indeed only half way up which is cool, just would have rathered it not be there at all lol. Next time!

You can safely remove the binding if you want.  The palms are stitched to the glove separate from the binding.  I cut down the binding on a pair of franchises with no issue. (Binding was up to the tips of the fingers.  I cut them down to the base of the fingers.) Just leave enough thread to tie it off.

#1657 50on19

50on19

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

Is there anywhere that will do dyed green palms?

#1658 griswald88

griswald88

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

#1659 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

You can safely remove the binding if you want. The palms are stitched to the glove separate from the binding. I cut down the binding on a pair of franchises with no issue. (Binding was up to the tips of the fingers. I cut them down to the base of the fingers.) Just leave enough thread to tie it off.

After going back and forth with myself since you posted this, I finally woke up with the balls to remove the binding... it turned out great!

Good looking out, Kev!

#1660 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:10 PM

After going back and forth with myself since you posted this, I finally woke up with the balls to remove the binding... it turned out great!

Good looking out, Kev!

Awesome!  It makes an immediate difference with the flexibility of the gloves!