Photo

Vancouver Canucks Equipment Sale 2015

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Mark your calendars - our annual year-end sale will be on Friday July 10th from 12-7pm at @RogersArena! More details to come.

I don't get the timing

#22 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

a sale on friday in the middle of the work day

what a genius organization

#23 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Awkward time for sure, maybe its time to use ur sick days boys!

HK #17

Feedback

#24 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Awkward time for sure, maybe its time to use ur sick days boys!

Highly highly highly doubt it'll be worth taking a sick day

#25 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Oh I know that, sales have been declining in inventory over the years since I started going back in the day. I'm sure there a lot of pple will want jerseys, socks etc since theres no outlet store no more.

HK #17

Feedback

#26 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

Oh I know that, sales have been declining in inventory over the years since I started going back in the day. I'm sure there a lot of pple will want jerseys, socks etc since there no outlet store no more.

It's fun to be in the environment and maybe find something cool here or there (particularly apparel-wise), but by the time I'd be able to get there, it'd almost be 7PM.

I wish the Heat were still around!

#27 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

remember the good old days when they had sticks for like 50 dollars a pop? and then a certain someone took over the management of gear sales... lol

#28 - M

- M

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

It's fun to be in the environment and maybe find something cool here or there (particularly apparel-wise), but by the time I'd be able to get there, it'd almost be 7PM.

I wish the Heat were still around!

Those Heat sales were the best.  Giants aren't bad either.

remember the good old days when they had sticks for like 50 dollars a pop? and then a certain someone took over the management of gear sales... lol

Used sticks/gloves was $50 and new was only $75... what's the current pricing now?  $150+ for a used stick?  lol...

Shit started to hit the fan in '08.  and then again in '12 but I'm sure you've heard me mention this lots already.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#29 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

I never went to Heat sales but I heard they were pretty good! I miss those days too, I remember scoring Vapor XX's and XXX's for like $75-100 max and they'd be basically brand new, same w/ twigs and mitts! Didnt go last year but I remember it was $75-100 for used twigs and $150-200 for brand new ones. Nucks franchise has turned into a bunch of cheap fucks! Expensive tickets, food/drinks, everything in Rogers basically and raising prices in gear sales over the years. They haven't done much to please fans recently.

HK #17

Feedback

#30 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

The Heat leaving sale was awesome, outside of the 1000 left handed sticks and maybe 30 right handed haha.

For Sale:

#31 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

^^ Thats the problem bout being RH in Van and lovin PS twigs, never really works out for me haha thank god for DK's and PSH twig sales!

HK #17

Feedback

#32 Vannucker88

Vannucker88

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:38 AM

I remember back in 2011 they had their sale on a weekday at the Hastings store. So it's not the first time it's happened. From what I've been to the sales haven't been anything too great anyways so I'm not too worried if I don't go. I'm curious to why you never see helmets at Canucks sales. Or at least I've never seen them.

#33 - M

- M

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

I remember back in 2011 they had their sale on a weekday at the Hastings store. So it's not the first time it's happened. From what I've been to the sales haven't been anything too great anyways so I'm not too worried if I don't go. I'm curious to why you never see helmets at Canucks sales. Or at least I've never seen them.

You'll never see helmets at a Canucks sale as long as Pat O'neil is the equipment manager.  He doesn't want the team to be liable for anyone who may get hurt wearing them.  I believe kc83 picked up a Jeff Cowan Mission helmet (no stickers) many years ago that squeezed through the cracks.  Other than that, few Canucks helmets make it out alive as they are crushed on-site.

#34 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

^^ Yea I heard its a liability thing too. I thought most teams sign a waiver or make you sign one to deem them not liable for any that happens. They always sell the visors which are usually not in great condition though.

HK #17

Feedback

#35 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Tbh, unless your team has blue somewhere or you're a collector, the Canucks sale isn't that great in regards to actually using the stuff. Their protective items are all gigantic and their sticks are super stiff save for Dorsett and Tanev I believe.

I scored a Schroeder twig last year but it wasn't for me (P88). Otherwise, I don't think there's too much for RH. There should be some Dorsett N1000s painted as MX3s for those interested. Better get in line early though since those'll be snapped up by people thinking they're MX3s :P

#36 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

^^ Yea I heard its a liability thing too. I thought most teams sign a waiver or make you sign one to deem them not liable for any that happens. They always sell the visors which are usually not in great condition though.

Regardless if the helmet is new or used, the Habs make you sign a waiver when you pay for the helmets they sell. I totally understand why the Nucks don't want that liability though.

#37 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

I thought thats the reason of signin waivers! haha w/e its never really bothered me....no ones dome on the nucks is worth getting anyways for me. 

HK #17

Feedback

#38 - M

- M

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

This sale is going to have like 95% merchandise and 5% gear. After it gets picked over by staff today and STH tomorrow there's nothing worthwhile left for the public sale Friday

#39 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

https://twitter.com/...198776247496705

Couple of functional (ie., not 100+ flex) sticks there: Dorsett, Kenins, and whoever "15CAR" is.

#40 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:24 AM

There were lots of sticks, lots of reebok gloves, a few bauer nexus mitts from sestito (15") and Kassian (14"). Saw some Bonino 11k's but they were pretty beat. Lots of socks, Shin pads and some skates. But as it states up there - 5% gear which was bang on. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer!