Jack the ripper
  • LocationBC

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

This thread should just be closed.

#42 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

Whatever you say kid.

I'm guessing you can't sense sarcasm. Once again I guess you're taking everything on the internet literally. You've got quite a wake up call coming in life.

lmao yeah I'm the "kid" here

there was nothing sarcastic about your post don't even try to back track.

#43 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

Why can't we just save our two cents until after the investigation wraps up? lol... This thread, man.

#44 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

lmao yeah I'm the "kid" here

there was nothing sarcastic about your post don't even try to back track.

Was referring to the diary comment, when you referred to it.

But of course that went right over your head

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#45 sgmccaskey

sgmccaskey

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

More fuel for the fire
http://ftw.usatoday....ane-from-nhl-16

#46 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

I heard this on tsn1050 on the ride home today. Looks like they're gonna be doing a lot of reprinting of game covers.

Would kane have to repay the money for them using him on the game cover now?

I wonder what kind of provisions are in place to protect EA against circumstances like this.

I also wonder if Bauer would take any action on the situation or just leave everything as is until there's an outcome.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#47 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

I don't know what, if any, provisions they may have for situations like this.

The only thing quasi-similar was when Chad Johnson changed his last name to Ochocinco. If memory serves, the NFL gave him the option of waiting until the next season to put it on his jersey or buying all of the "Johnson" jerseys.

#48 robferrari33

robferrari33

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:48 AM

double post

Always looking for any cool 14" CCM CLs

#49 robferrari33

robferrari33

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

I don't know what, if any, provisions they may have for situations like this.

The only thing quasi-similar was when Chad Johnson changed his last name to Ochocinco. If memory serves, the NFL gave him the option of waiting until the next season to put it on his jersey or buying all of the "Johnson" jerseys.

what about when kobe had to change his number to 24 from 8 for the same reason?

Always looking for any cool 14" CCM CLs

#50 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

what about when kobe had to change his number to 24 from 8 for the same reason?

I'd defer to someone else's thoughts on that. I follow basketball so little that I'm scarcely aware that people play/watch it. Might be because it bores me. Might be because I'm absolutely horrible at it.

In regards to the Kane issue, I wouldn't be surprised if EA and others instituted a morality clause that would allow them to recoup their losses. That's assuming such clauses don't already exist. I'm vaguely aware of some contracts having similar type clauses. Hopefully someone else more informed can chime in as to whether it's already being done.

#51 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

https://ca.sports.ya...-145732530.html

It's not looking any better for Kane with this article.

#52 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Is it strange that no charges have been laid after three similar sources recall the same events, as well as the victim going to the hospital for the rape examination? I'm no doctor, but I feel that this specific examination could tell the investigators a lot. I'm trying to leave my opinion out of this and stick to the facts, but I just find it strange that no charges have been filed as of yet. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#53 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

It's not strange at all. Building cases is like building houses. If done half-assed, you'll eventually have problems. Additionally, the fact that he's so high profile inevitably will mean that on top of the high priced lawyers attacking your clase if it's bad, the media and the public will too.

Also it takes some time for labs to come back. Alphabet shows like CSI, SVU and others have given this misconception that every agency has a team of technicians working on this stuff around the clock and that results can be gleaned almost instantaneously. We have crime scene techs and I can't say enough good things about them, but their ability to process evidence is often hampered by the same thing many other industries and fields suffer from. Too much work and not enough staffing, infrastructure or $$$ to change that.

This will come out eventually. I'm actually happier seeing relatively so little info coming out. Too many agencies I my opinion cave to the public's demands for instant gratification and sometimes end up with egg on their face when they do.

#54 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Patrick Kane will attend Chicago Blackhawks training camp. I wonder if the Hawks have some inside information regarding the case. I would tend to think that they must be pretty confident he is innocent to allow him to attend. 

#55 DiesILL

DiesILL
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

I've heard through the grapevine that there is a tentative settlement in place. It is contingent on whether the DA will proceed with charges, and that defendant will not appear in court which will ultimately kill the case against him. This only what I've heard, and by no means is fact...

#56 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Interesting that Kane partook in the press conference today. You can't honestly believe reporters aren't going to ask 'those' questions can you? 

#57 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

What a train wreck today by the Blackhawks. 

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#58 FrankC1031

FrankC1031

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

I agree the press conference seemed forced a little ridiculous.  But.... I must admit that I like the fact that Kane is finally starting to defend himself and claim his innocence of any wrong doing.  All of the facts or at least the facts that we know in this case just didn't add up from the get go.  My opinion...

#59 FrankC1031

FrankC1031

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

No DNA evidence found!!  

#60 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

No DNA evidence found!!  

See, this is what I've been waiting for. @DD77 - in a case like this if there is no DNA evidence, is this case thrown out?