Photo

Is there an insert or way to eliminate dead space in the toe cap

Skates

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Joron

Joron

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

Is there an insert or way to eliminate dead space in the toe cap...

Trying to make my size seven feel like a 6.5

Thanks

#2 zenmasterchen

zenmasterchen
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

I haven't used them myself, but I believe Powerfoot inserts are exactly what you're describing:

http://adrenalinedesign.ca/powerfoot/

#3 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

Powerfoot inserts or make your own with something like a camping sleeping pad or yoga mat.

#4 nicktsigos

nicktsigos

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Powerfoot inserts work amazing.  I hated all the space in my toecap and this helped a ton.

#5 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

+1 on powerfoot inserts, been using them for 3 months and I love them. I have the thick ones in my nxgs.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#6 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hey Jaron! I work with Adrenaline the company behind the POWERFOOT. It's funny you mention making your skates feel like a 6.5... The fact the Paul Coffee wore skates up to 3 sizes to small is what sparked the idea for the POWERFOOT. The nice thing about the POWERFOOT is that it won't affect the length or width of the skate, it will just remove the dead space and provide support and comfort from the top down. 

The POWERFOOT also comes with a 100% satisfaction 30 day guarantee no matter where you pick them up, which is great if you're not sure about them.  

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. 

@zenmasterchen @Monty22 and @nicksigos Thanks for suggesting the POWERFOOT!

Living the dream working for Adrenaline, the guys who invented the POWERFOOT. Took me 2 months to try it... then I quit my job and joined the company!

#7 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

Another +1 for powerfoot first thing I did with my new skates. They are great

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#8 Joron

Joron

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

Awesome guy, THANKS!!! Buying now

Anyone have a promo code? lol

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

I don't understand why that was helpful the power foot rep litteraly said it dosent affect the length or width only from the top down. I don't see any way that helps a size 7 feel like a 6.5? Don't get me wrong I like the power foot insert and I think it's great but not what you asked for?

#10 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:56 AM

Awesome guy, THANKS!!! Buying now

Anyone have a promo code? lol

Nice! Welcome to Team POWERFOOT!!

Living the dream working for Adrenaline, the guys who invented the POWERFOOT. Took me 2 months to try it... then I quit my job and joined the company!

#11 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

I don't understand why that was helpful the power foot rep litteraly said it dosent affect the length or width only from the top down. I don't see any way that helps a size 7 feel like a 6.5? Don't get me wrong I like the power foot insert and I think it's great but not what you asked for?

Hey Numan,

Valid point, however his main request was to fill the space in the toecap, which the POWERFOOT is designed to do, and he added that he was trying to make the 7 feel like a 6.5. It was great to see that because, as I mentioned, that is was sparked the thought process behind the POWERFOOT. Rob (the founder) felt that one of reason why hockey players must like small or super tight skates is that it locks the toes in place. He wanted to achieve that without the need for an uncomfortably small skate. 

The POWERFOOT is designed for skates that fit perfectly but the bonus in oversized (not too big obviously) skates is that it makes them feel fitted because your toes are not bouncing/sliding all over the place. Which is also a reason why the POWERFOOT is great for kids that are buying bigger skates to start the season.

The POWERFOOT won't make the skate feel like a "smaller skate"  it will just provide support and comfort from the top down giving you a better fit and performance from your skate. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

#12 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

I've also found that the POWERFOOT inserts help in cases where the toe cap is a little bit too tight on one or two points. My big toes stick out the furthest, which doesn't work with a lot of older toe caps, but with the inserts, my toes have something soft to push against and from the base of the foot, rather than at their tips. It makes wearing the almost-too-tight size fit perfectly. Otherwise, I'd have to upsize the whole skate just to alleviate pressure on a toe or two.

#13 darkhors

darkhors
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

I've also found that the POWERFOOT inserts help in cases where the toe cap is a little bit too tight on one or two points. My big toes stick out the furthest, which doesn't work with a lot of older toe caps, but with the inserts, my toes have something soft to push against and from the base of the foot, rather than at their tips. It makes wearing the almost-too-tight size fit perfectly. Otherwise, I'd have to upsize the whole skate just to alleviate pressure on a toe or two.

I have a similar experience. My toes are just brushing up against the toe cap, but when I put these inserts in, it forced my toes down and I don't notice it at all when I'm skating. Best $30 bucks you can spend on gear imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skates