Pro Stock Covert QRL Pants

covert; pants

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kbline

kbline

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

Hey Guys,

Looking for some help here. I'm interested in getting some pro stock Covert QRL pants either from ProStock Hockey or on eBay. As far as I can tell these are made in China. From prior posts here and other places, it sounds these pants run short in length and tight in the waist. Currently, I wear a medium in retail Bauer Vapor APX2. Anyone know how the pro stock Covert QRL would compare to these pants? As of now, I'm leaning on getting a L+1 in the pro stock covert QRL pants.

Thanks in advance for advice/thoughts!

#2 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

How tall are you and what's your waist size?
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#3 kbline

kbline

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

How tall are you and what's your waist size?

I should have mention those in the original post. 5'10" 190 lbs and 34 waist in jeans, etc. Thanks for advice/thoughts.

#4 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

if the qrl pants fit like the older covert pants made overseas I'd say go for a medium +1. I'm 6'2" 215 and wear a 34-36 in jeans and fit very nicely into a medium plus one. You have to take in consideration that the pants will open up once they break in. You might end up swimming in a pair of larges after they break in.

#5 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

I own a bunch of the original Covert pants, both Canadian and overseas.  I wonder how this new model fits in comparison, i.e., whether these (presumably) overseas QRL pairs are functionally identical to the overseas "older" Coverts.  I like the shorter leg length, but the PSH pics make them look longer than the old version, and almost as long as standard Hustlers are/were.

#6 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:25 AM

A good friend of mine has a pair of these in a large coming today from PSH. I'll update tomorrow after I ask him what he thinks.

#7 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:02 PM

According to my buddy, these pants do run large. He's normally a large, but has to exchange for a M+1.

#8 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

I wrote PSH and they confirmed that the QRLs will fit the same as the original Coverts in size and length.

#9 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

M +1 should do it :)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#10 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

Got a pair of these in the mail today from PSH. They feel great. Won't skate in them until Monday though. I'm 5'7, 180lb and wear a medium in CCM UCL pants. Got a small in the QRLs. They fit very similarly, though the QRL is an inch or so shorter.

#11 noodle3872

noodle3872
  • LocationChilliwack BC

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

So at 5' 8" and 220 lbs with a nice slender 40-42" waist/30" inseam, I should go with......?

#12 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

I'm about your height, with a 36-38 waist and a large works best for me. They're *very* snug going over my hips, but once they are over, they're very comfortable.

#13 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

I own a bunch of the original Covert pants, both Canadian and overseas.  I wonder how this new model fits in comparison, i.e., whether these (presumably) overseas QRL pairs are functionally identical to the overseas "older" Coverts.  I like the shorter leg length, but the PSH pics make them look longer than the old version, and almost as long as standard Hustlers are/were.

OK, yesterday I finally got my hands on a pair of the QRL Coverts and was able to compare them side-by-side to both Canadian and Chinese original Coverts I already have.  As a baseline, I found the original Canadian Coverts to be a touch larger in the waist than the China original Coverts, roughly 5-10% bigger.  On my 36" waist, a loosely laced large Canadian Covert is comfortably secure, while a loosely laced large China Covert was fairly snug (but not uncomfortably so).  Both work for my needs

The QRL Coverts, obviously, are China made, but the raw materials and workmanship seem to be of a bit higher quality than the China-made original Coverts, but not fully on par with the Canadian original Coverts.  The standard pant length between all three models remains identical, so they're all about an inch shorter than Hustlers, Franchises and most other pant models by other brands.  Leg width is identically wide, too.  My initial impression is that the waist size of the QRLs seem to be a little bigger than the China original Coverts, but not as big as the Canadian ones.  Admittedly, they're all pretty similar, so we're talking marginal differences between the three. 

The QRL Covert replaces the two-belt tightening system of the original Coverts with a single "internal" belt, which runs around the inside of the pant, rather than in a channel through the external padding, if that makes sense.  You can feel the belt itself pinching directly against your waist when you tighten it, rather than the pants themselves just feeling tighter, as under the older version.  I don't know whether I like that sensation more or less.  I'll have to decide once I wear them in a game.  Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, just something new.

The QRLs also have a new zipper tab design, where the zipperhead gets tucked away into a two-sided "slot", for lack of a better word.  Hopefully, this will make the pants more durable compared to the China original Coverts, where the velcro often caught on the fabric of the opposite inner thigh and led to major pilling (something I've never seen on any of my Canadian original Coverts). 

I hope this information helps!

#14 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

So at 5' 8" and 220 lbs with a nice slender 40-42" waist/30" inseam, I should go with......?

I am  5' 6" and 220 lbs with 39-40 waist / 30" inseam. received my QRL'S  ( size XL ) today. way too small in waist, length good. I fit into franchise's XL'S fine. calling PSH tomrrow to get store credit & get a pair of franchise's & send them back.

#15 kbline

kbline

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all the detailed information and advice! I really appreciate it (sorry for the lag in responding -- was away on business). I went ahead and ordered the regular medium in the Warrior QRL Converts from PSH. At 5'10'', 190 lbs, and 34 waist, they fit me very well. Length is perfect, though I don't like an overly long pant. Waist seems good, too, though I suspect they'll loosen a bit once I play in them (belt's great and should do the trick snugging up the waist if they do, indeed, loosen).

Quality seems good, especially relative to my retail Bauer Vapor APX2 retail pants.

After I play in them some, I'll post an update.

Thanks again for the help!

#16 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hey guys how's the weight on them compared to UCLP?

#17 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hey guys how's the weight on them compared to UCLP?

I have both. Weight is practically the same.  Don't really feel them at all while skating.

#18 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:15 PM

I wear an XL in APX2 pants.  I'm 6'3 37 waist, 245lbs.  any help is appreciated

#19 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:22 PM

XL in these would be my suggestion

#20 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:27 PM

XL in these would be my suggestion

Thank you.  would you suggest a +1 for length as well?