Photo

Wax

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I use sex wax too and actually find it very nice for my twigs! And it makes the bag smell nice as well :-)

Quick note lads: I used to keep my blade taped until the tape got bad, but noticed now since I untape after games and retape before games the blades of my sticks lasted way waaaaayyyy longer!! I figured if you get little stress fractures in the blade and you keep wet tape on it over night the water gets into the blade hence making the blade get soft quick!!! Just though I'd let you guys know that there is a huge difference in the durabitly in my blades of my twigs!!! Btw I WISH I was playing hockey in Cali lol...
Liddy:-)

#22 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I use sex wax too and actually find it very nice for my twigs! And it makes the bag smell nice as well :-)

Quick note lads: I used to keep my blade taped until the tape got bad, but noticed now since I replace untape after games and retape before games the blades of my sticks lasted way waaaaayyyy longer!! I figured if you get little stress fractures in the blade and you keep wet tape on it over night the water gets into the blade hence making the blade get soft quick!!! Just though I'd let you guys know that there is a huge difference in the durabitly in my blades of my twigs!!! Btw I WISH I was playing hockey in Cali lol...

Engineer here. That's ridiculous. You're just wasting tape.

#23 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Engineer here. That's ridiculous. You're just wasting tape.

Not wasting tape just saving blade life time!!! It's worth it to me and I have noticed a huge difference since going this route! Didn't say you had to do it just giving my opinion on keeping tape on your twigs!

#24 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

I use some wax but not often. More or less when I see it in my bag I use it. But I retape my stick before every time I play. I like new tape. And it's easy to get off if u take it off after ur done playin. :) and I don't mind if it's wasting lol I get tape 20 rolls at a time so I need to use it up before its not fresh anymore 👍
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#25 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not wasting tape just saving blade life time!!! It's worth it to me and I have noticed a huge difference since going this route! Didn't say you had to do it just giving my opinion on keeping tape on your twigs!

You aren't saving any blade time doing this. There is absolutely no chance your blades are going soft from wet tape. Zero. You're operating under the placebo effect. But whatever floats your boat.

#26 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

You aren't saving any blade time doing this. There is absolutely no chance your blades are going soft from wet tape. Zero. You're operating under the placebo effect. But whatever floats your boat.

Ok thanx :-)

#27 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

I Use Sex Wax and really like it! It definitely improves the life of the tape on my blade. I melt in the wax first, then add a second layer that doesn't get melted in.

#28 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Uh, what if he's using wood blades?

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#29 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

surf wax called sticky bumps.... hands down the best stuff out there

Posted Image

Ok I ordered a couple sticky bumps wax" right from manufacture free shipping btw!" so we'l see how this stuff compares to the stuf I'm currently using now... Results to follow,,, lol :up:

#30 poppop

poppop

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ok I ordered a couple sticky bumps wax" right from manufacture free shipping btw!" so we'l see how this stuff compares to the stuf I'm currently using now... Results to follow,,, lol :up:

You wouldn't be disapointed

#31 JoshV70

JoshV70
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Are you supposed to melt the wax in? If so, how do you all go about doing this?

#32 olsona

olsona
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Are you supposed to melt the wax in? If so, how do you all go about doing this?

you don't have to melt the wax in but a buddy of mine uses a hair dryer to get the wax and blade warm so it will spread better

#33 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

I Rub the wax on then heat the wax over my stove and spread it around with my fingers

I only really like to wax the toe and the bottom of te blade though

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew