Photo

Golf Season

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Just wanted to make a topic something all of us well most of us could relate to cause i know alot of hockey players love to golf just like myself.. so just write what u have in the bag, your opinion about some new gear you picked up or are intersted in trying! or just storys in general such as best golf courses played at or your handicap and just anything about golf!

#2 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hell yeah love hittin up the links! Shot a 37 at my local course the other day! I carry a Callaway Big Bertha Driver, Callaway Steelhead 3-wood, Titleist 695MB Forged Blades (my babies), Titleist Vokey Wedges in 48, 54, 56, and 58 lofts and finally an Odyssey White Hot Tour putter. I really would like to pick up a new driver. The big bertha is aging and I'd like to replace it with a newer Callaway or Titleist.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#3 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

R11s driver and taylormade r7 irons and a Nike putter! It's a lower end version but I love it :-) love hitting sticks for sure!! Cost alot more than pick up though hahahaha
Liddy:-)

#4 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Grizz, new titleist will be coming out soon enough! 913 line but ive hit the 910 and loved it but stuck with my R11 shaft with the R9 tp head until my RBZ comes in absoultely love my R11/R9 supertri combo it may be hard to get outta bag but im gonna try switch! lol and for liddy how's the r11s? i was gonna order also just to try and maybe go to it instaed of the tour RBZ :P

#5 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I have a hard enough time trying to fund my hockey addiction, there's no way I can shell out that kinda dough for the new Titleist driver.

I would probably trade all of my gear for these beauties though. :drool:

Posted Image

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#6 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

loved the way those felt had to get the new cb's just so i had a bit of help but your are right those are beautys!

#7 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Grizz, new titleist will be coming out soon enough! 913 line but ive hit the 910 and loved it but stuck with my R11 shaft with the R9 tp head until my RBZ comes in absoultely love my R11/R9 supertri combo it may be hard to get outta bag but im gonna try switch! lol and for liddy how's the r11s? i was gonna order also just to try and maybe go to it instaed of the tour RBZ :P

Just got it this year and initially I had issues but once I had it all fixed up for me I love it now!! Big reason I bought it was b/c of all the features to help correct loft and slicing hahahahah
Liddy:-)

#8 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

loved the way those felt had to get the new cb's just so i had a bit of help but your are right those are beautys!

I love the ballflight of the muscle backs, nice and high an when you hit it good, it's really good, but when you hit it bad, its really bad haha

#3k gsdhead.gif

#9 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

@ Liddy 019 haha great! anything to get rid of something you definitely dont want!

#10 Akins

Akins

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Running taylormade woods and ping irons with a local guys putter called "Snake Eyes". Real frustratin for me to play because my 3 buddies I play with are all on NCAA schollys for golf and I guess they are ok haha.

#11 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I bought a Hugo Boss belt at Golftown last week does that count? :D
I havent played yet, I have brand new clubs from 2 yrs ago and If I used them 10 times, it would be good. lol

Im moving next to a golf course in 2 weeks, hopefully Ill have time to play a few rounds soon.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#12 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Golf is the one thing I'm more out of control with than hockey. I have SOOOO much golf gear, it's insane.

Haven't been playing much this year though. My head/heart just isn't in it this year. With the baby on the way, lot of other things to deal with on a daily basis.

#13 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Fresh Breast Cancer Awareness paint fill :naughty:

Posted Image

#3k gsdhead.gif

#14 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Sick! i guess i'll put some pink on the vokeys :agree:

#15 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

Good work.

Spent all day yesterday working on clubs for people. I spend more time building and customizing than I do playing. It's a shame.

#16 Brian

Brian

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

^^^^
I was gripping all last week. My hands are raw.

#17 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sick! i guess i'll put some pink on the vokeys :agree:

Already got that covered too lol

Posted Image

#3k gsdhead.gif

#18 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Currently enjoying a good start to the official season. I try and go to this indoor simulator place through the cold months to keep swinging, but with the nice weather I've been out a lot. So far my rounds have averaged out to 74-76, on my home course which is a par 72. I'm happy to finally be comfortable with my game. I used to do long-driving competitions. Never was able to make it to the Vegas show, but came close one year. Won a regional qualifier in Michigan but wasn't able to go to the State finals due to my high school graduation and exams.

WIMB:

Driver: Taylormade R510TP. 8.5*, X-Flex Fujikura Fit-On.
Fairway: Taylormade Rescue TP 3-18*, Stiff -- Taylormade R580 7 Wood, Stiff
Irons: Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 56* bent to 54*, 60* bent to 58*
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider w/Super Stroke Slim grip
Ball of choice: Titliest NXT Tour

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#19 Wheelhouse9

Wheelhouse9

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Since were getting detailed on whats in the bag.. ill put mine up here :P
i normally shoot around 76 on my par 72 home course and of course that seems alright but i know this course inside and out and everything in between lol but when i go to other courses i do alright aswell.

So here it is everything is left handed of course.
TM RBZ TP 9* set to lower with a TP Matrix Ozik HD6 Shaft.
TM TP R11 3-Wood 15*.
TM Rescue TP 21*.

Titleist 712 CB's with DG S300.
Titleist SM4 "RAW" Finish Vokeys With DG Spinner Shafts.

Scotty Cameron Kombi-S Putter.
* All griped with White VDR Midsized Grips

I know everything is new well except the putter, fairway and hybrid but i got some good deals on all the new items :)

#20 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Another lefty!!

#3k gsdhead.gif