Photo

Golf Season

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thinking about a new Big Dog for my bag - Anybody hit the Taylor Made RBZ driver yet? Have been hitting a Ping G5, so I am overdue!

#42 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

The RBZ is overrated imo. The fairway is awesome, driver is eh. Lacks in feel and is way too long. Maybe if the one i hit was shorter i would have liked it.
Pings woods are my favorite, along with Cobras. The Amp driver is great, but the shaft is lacking. For the price that the driver is going for right now you can easily get a aftermarket shaft installed in it for around the price of the RBZ.

#43 Brian

Brian

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Thinking about a new Big Dog for my bag - Anybody hit the Taylor Made RBZ driver yet? Have been hitting a Ping G5, so I am overdue!

No, but I got a box of a shit ton of them today.

Lot of Tour 3 woods, and 9* drivers in various Diamanas.

#44 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

No, but I got a box of a shit ton of them today.

Lot of Tour 3 woods, and 9* drivers in various Diamanas.

Oh yeah? What kind of prices you talking?

#45 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Bought a new driver for myself this year. I was pumped to hit the RBZ when I went to Carl's Golfland, but it was actually my least favourite of the drivers I hit. Like was mentioned above, it felt way too long in terms of actual club length, and lacked feel. The fairway woods are superb though. Back fence at the Carl's I go to is 285 and I was flying it there with a 3 wood. I'm a longer hitter anyways, but normally my 3 wood maxes about 280-290, so flying it to the fence was cool to see.

I ended up settling on an R11S. Though I hit the new Titleist driver further, I thought the R11S had overall better feel, and I was more accurate with it. Ended up with a 9*, X-Flex.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#46 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

What make/model shaft do you have in your G5? The RBZ drivers come with three different stock shafts (and two different heads); different weights, kick points, degree of torque, etc...

If you have the Aldila NV (Green) shaft in your G5, that is a slightly heavier shaft with a higher kick point.

See if you can get on a launch monitor and compare/contrast your driver and whatever new drivers that you are looking to purchase.
~B~

#47 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Your responses match a lot of the reviews I have read - people love the RBZ Fairway Woods, but are so-so on the driver.Southpaw - my G5 has a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 (stiff) shaft. It's also an inch shorter than standard to fit my short frame.

#48 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

I got the G20 driver, super sick!

#49 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

I got the G20 driver, super sick!

That's what I've been hearing. A lot of rave reviews.

#50 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Your responses match a lot of the reviews I have read - people love the RBZ Fairway Woods, but are so-so on the driver.Southpaw - my G5 has a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 (stiff) shaft. It's also an inch shorter than standard to fit my short frame.

The Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue is a low kick point shaft; I'd speculate the weight is the 65 gram model.

The RBZ fairway woods are definitely long hitting; the weight plug is moved forward towards the face and the channel in the sole helps promote more ball speed and decrease spin rates.
~B~

#51 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Played about 13 holes today. Was putting well and shooting darts. Not a bad night out. New driver and 3 wood felt weird as shit...that's a technical term.

#52 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

Played about 13 holes today. Was putting well and shooting darts. Not a bad night out. New driver and 3 wood felt weird as shit...that's a technical term.

Butch Harmon used the same technical terms to describe the move I put on the ball. ;)

#53 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

I don't golf as much as I like..

Callaway FT-i Driver
King Cobra irons
Ping Eye putter

Nothing fancy.
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#54 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

I got raped today on the course. Blackbear ridge in belleville Ontario. Ranked 99 in Canada. Never played this bad in 3 years. Got my money's worth. Saw every inch of the course, well every inch of the woods.

#55 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

My swing feels good, I've been in the low 80s and high 70s recently. Well, it felt good. I shot a 92 yesterday and didn't hit a single great shot. I only hit like 5 gir and the greens at the course i was playing were HUGE. Well, i got a ton of bunker practice at least.
I've gotten my little draw back, and have gotten alittle higher ballflight out of my longer irons. My driver though, sucks. I really think the face is cracked. No shot feels good with it, even though the ballmarks on the face are high center, as usual. A new Cleveland classic or maybe an Amp Cell may be in my near future.
/end vent

#56 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

That Amp Cell looks like it going to be a nice stock. Interested to see how well it gets reviewed.

#57 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thought that I would bump this up a bit with my distances and WITB. I really have tried to adjust my swing, and shallow out my AoA. Because of this I'm hitting towering trajectories with all my irons, while still being able to hit my old low knockdown shots if needed :) Im happy with my swing right now, though I'm still fighting an over-the-top move. I had my second 79 ever this past week while playing in a light rain, with no birdies. I was very pleased. Now I need to beat my best score (78)
WITB with distances:
Driver: Cleveland Classic with Miyazaki X shaft (soon to be graffaloy bimatrix S)- 275
3 hybrid: TM Burner '08 S flex- 225
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 Project x 5.5 hardstepped
4: 210
5: 195
6: 180
7: 170
8: 160
9: 150
PW: 135
Wedges: Cleveland 588
50: 125
56: 110
60: 95
Putter: 33.5" Bettinardi BB-1 from wrbush31! - Either an inch short or 3 feet by :b

The gap from 4-5 is different from 6-9 because they roll out a bit, compared to my shorter irons which just stop or come back a bit.
Wedges either come back a few feet or just stop, depending on the trajectory of the shot.
Ball: Nike 20XI-X. Hard feeling ball, but it performs great for me. Long, with enough spin for me to hit some fun shots around the greens.

#58 ctclippers41

ctclippers41

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

No putter in the bag!?!? bold move! :joke:

#59 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Haha edited it :b
Though a few rounds ago I putted by blading my 56* while on the greens on the back nine. The cause: I didn't make ANYTHING on the front and had 2 three putts. I was pissed.
It didn't cost me much, though. I shot an 86 :)

#60 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

The issue with golf is everyone cares so much about distance. I think the last thing people should care about is the distance each individual club goes.

Also, seems odd you're able to suck the ball back consistently but you're not even a single digit handicap? Where is your game going wrong?