Photo

variation of Sakic curve?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Retail Sakic is a 5 if I'm not mistaken.
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#22 cott1

cott1

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Retail Sakic is a 5 if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you, very good to know! Can anyone confirm?
After checking my stick it seems like most of the wear is on the heel of the stick so I think I might want to try a lower lie - but thought I was out of luck if the "4" on my stick was in fact the lie of the stick cause that would mean that I couldn't go down any lower - right?
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#23 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

A retail Sakic is a 5 the p92 on bauer is a 6 and they make a lie 5 option but the lie isint important? You posted wondering about variations of a Sakic curve to protect the luck while stick handling, unless you wana change the length of your stick or your skating style idk why your talking about lies? Especially cause I would find it silly to order custom sticks just for a different lie

This is a Kreps curve

Posted Image

Exact same as a Sakic but with more toe at the end

This is the other pattern I use

Posted Image

Straight blade all the way through and then all toe at the end, completely closed just toe and slightly open at the end

#24 cott1

cott1

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

A retail Sakic is a 5 the p92 on bauer is a 6 and they make a lie 5 option but the lie isint important? You posted wondering about variations of a Sakic curve to protect the luck while stick handling, unless you wana change the length of your stick or your skating style idk why your talking about lies? Especially cause I would find it silly to order custom sticks just for a different lie

This is a Kreps curve

Posted Image

Exact same as a Sakic but with more toe at the end

Posted Image

Straight blade all the way through and then all toe at the end, completely closed just toe and slightly open at the end

Cool, thanks for the pics!
It seems like the Kreps curve is the closest to what I'm looking for.
The whole tangent I went on regarding lie was just that, a tangent - sorry for straying I just got into analyzing my blade got carried away a little.

#25 Half

Half
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

If it's just a retail s19 Sakic the lie is 5.5

#26 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Excuse me I didn't know a Sakic had that much toe.
I've never seen a 4 ,7 , 8 lie stick

I was using a 5 and noticed I kept losing the puck . Friend noticed my stick was sitting on the toe too much.
Went with a 6 and now the blade is flat on the ice and I have no problems . . .
So it does matter . . . Also length of the stick will change the lie.

#27 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

What curve is this?

#28 cott1

cott1

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

What curve is this?

what I wanna know/see is a pic of those rangers mitts to the right of that curve??! :)

#29 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Haha well curve was an Russian pro players curve that dosent play in the NHL anymore so I've just kinda adopted it as my thing but I can't really use it much very short supply and not many ways to get more.

Cott1 those were anisimov rangers/team Russia franchise I sold them a few months back on eBay for $350

#30 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Also kitten if you're using exclusive lie 6 Sakic curves where are you getting them from and on what sticks?

#31 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Numan:
Is that really a build-a-bear hanger in the pic of the toe hook? It's nice to see your inner child is being taken care of :b

#32 cott1

cott1

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Haha well curve was an Russian pro players curve that dosent play in the NHL anymore so I've just kinda adopted it as my thing but I can't really use it much very short supply and not many ways to get more.

Cott1 those were anisimov rangers/team Russia franchise I sold them a few months back on eBay for $350

Sweet! Saw there are some Anisimovs on eBay right now, already up to 130 with 4 days left...I never really understood why people bid so early - why not wait until last minute? Wouldn't be a better chance for everyone bidding to get a better deal?

#33 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Numan:
Is that really a build-a-bear hanger in the pic of the toe hook? It's nice to see your inner child is being taken care of :b

Yes it is a build a bear hanger with a hockey uniform on it haha my mom bought it for me whenever build a bear first came around I was like 8 and I got the bear and both hockey unis that's the extra one and I guess it's been there for the last 10 years haha

And yeah Cot I've never quite understood that either, I'm watching them also

#34 cott1

cott1

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hey Numan - how did those Anisimovs fit? were they 14" narrow?

#35 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I thought retail sakic was 5.5? Could be wrong?

#36 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

If you're looking for more of a toe curve with a lower lie, try Warrior's retail Gionta pattern. I use it for defense and I'm a big fan. The lower lie is good if you're like me with a longer stick and you're a low-skater. The curve is pretty closed (compared to Sakic) so its great for keeping shots low and hard.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#37 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

I thought retail sakic was 5.5? Could be wrong?

Easton's Sakic is a 5.5