Photo

#MyBauer - Custom gear

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 MHC07

MHC07

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Sweet. Thanks for all the pics and info, very much appreciated!

#42 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

So the PM9 is now a lie 4?

It shows up as 5 when I look. Bauer’s lie numbers are wack in general, though.

#43 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

New sticks just got here!

Had to wait 3 weeks.

Pro custom

P91A

77 flex

Round shaft

Griptac

Vapor flex profile

Nexus blade

gallery_1_234_1858393.jpeg

gallery_1_234_3361917.jpeg

gallery_1_234_869211.jpeg

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#44 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:11 AM

Nice Canada twigs. No pics of the custom namebar?!? come onnnn  :LOL:

#45 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:18 AM

:LOL:

Namebar says #4, thats it.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#46 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:11 AM

I wish they gave us the option to select the previous generation of the Vapor taper. I just finished the Bauer University training and will be ordering some pro custom sticks since I get a 60% discount, but if they feel anything like the Flylite, which I assume they will, I am skeptical if its worth it or if I should poke around and just find more ADV (BGP2P) stick. I didn't like the Flylite very much. 

Have you had a chance to weigh them yet? I wonder if they are under 400 grams. 

New sticks just got here!

Had to wait 3 weeks.

Pro custom

P91A

77 flex

Round shaft

Griptac

Vapor flex profile

Nexus blade

gallery_1_234_1858393.jpeg

gallery_1_234_3361917.jpeg

%T$M|잮1ޭi ""

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. 
- Gordie Howe

#47 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

I wish they gave us the option to select the previous generation of the Vapor taper. 

I'm with you on that. Bauer needs to re-visit the whole "Pro Custom" theme in general. The overall options are too limited, especially at those high price points. They should be allowing people to dress sticks as whatever they want, choose tapers, etc. They even took away corner tactile grip option  :rolleyes: . It sucks for people like me and you who aren't a fan of the elliptical taper, but are now stuck with it. I had over 12 custom 1x lites from MyBauer and I'm currently on my last 2. If I knew they were going to take away the regular Vapor taper, I definitely would have stocked up on more before they took it off the site  :thumbdown:

Can we start a 'let us customize ADVs already petition site'?! lol 

#48 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, if I knew this was coming I would have jumped on ordering a dozen sticks. Especially with 60% off! 

I'm with you on that. Bauer needs to re-visit the whole "Pro Custom" theme in general. The overall options are too limited, especially at those high price points. They should be allowing people to dress sticks as whatever they want, choose tapers, etc. They even took away corner tactile grip option  :rolleyes: . It sucks for people like me and you who aren't a fan of the elliptical taper, but are now stuck with it. I had over 12 custom 1x lites from MyBauer and I'm currently on my last 2. If I knew they were going to take away the regular Vapor taper, I definitely would have stocked up on more before they took it off the site  :thumbdown:

- Gordie Howe

#49 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

I'm with you on that. Bauer needs to re-visit the whole "Pro Custom" theme in general. The overall options are too limited, especially at those high price points. They should be allowing people to dress sticks as whatever they want, choose tapers, etc. They even took away corner tactile grip option :rolleyes: . It sucks for people like me and you who aren't a fan of the elliptical taper, but are now stuck with it. I had over 12 custom 1x lites from MyBauer and I'm currently on my last 2. If I knew they were going to take away the regular Vapor taper, I definitely would have stocked up on more before they took it off the site :thumbdown:

Do you have any experience with how Bauer’s pro-only “easy load” tapers play? Like, I know from a former Bauer employee that the RB10JB isn’t a 1:1 retail 1N but he couldn’t tell me any details other than it’s their “easy load” version of that kick point. What other sticks have that option and do you know first hand how they play?

Custom everything.

#50 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunately I haven't used that taper. But sounds interesting. 

#51 nicholas_g

nicholas_g

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:14 AM

Do you have any experience with how Bauer’s pro-only “easy load” tapers play? Like, I know from a former Bauer employee that the RB10JB isn’t a 1:1 retail 1N but he couldn’t tell me any details other than it’s their “easy load” version of that kick point. What other sticks have that option and do you know first hand how they play?

Never seen this taper. Have any pics or documentation on it? 

- Gordie Howe

#52 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

Here’s an RB10JB build http://www.dkhockey....en-2n-graphics/

If you look really closely at the neck where the shaft meets the blade, it doesn’t have that “pure shot blade profile” that you see on retail models with the thicker neck which is supposed to reduce blade torsion. I was told this is part of the “easy load” taper. I am unable to find documentation unfortunately but I’ve been trying.

Custom everything.

#53 konglung

konglung

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

I ordered the Nexus blade (Medium) with Mid-Kick. sticks feel pretty sloppy..maybe Im used to low kick stick. Anyone tried the Stiff blade or the X-stiff blade?

#54 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

I use mid-kick with stiff blade (X-stiff not available on mid-kick). Feels great, stick actually plays stiffer than expected which is whatever.

I really did not like the R-Lite blade from the 2N Pro. Went dead really fast.

Custom everything.

#55 konglung

konglung

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

I just ordered another batch with stiff blade & low kick setup. Heard good things about the Flylite and hope to set up the stick as similar as this one. Didnt dare to go for the X-Stiff but I've always like super stiff blade like the ones in CCM ie Tacks & ribcor

Hope it is better. 

#56 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

I just ordered another batch with stiff blade & low kick setup. Heard good things about the Flylite and hope to set up the stick as similar as this one. Didnt dare to go for the X-Stiff but I've always like super stiff blade like the ones in CCM ie Tacks & ribcor

Hope it is better. 

Curious - do they have the retail Flylite shaft construction (different-looking carbon fibre with wider weave)? If you have any pics handy, that would be great too.

#57 konglung

konglung

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:32 PM

Curious - do they have the retail Flylite shaft construction (different-looking carbon fibre with wider weave)? If you have any pics handy, that would be great too.

Sorry for the delay. 

https://imgur.com/a/UOSBPdI

#58 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Sorry for the delay.

https://imgur.com/a/UOSBPdI

Cool thanks, they definitely have the retail Flylite construction. Great looking sticks. Kane Pro curve right?

#59 konglung

konglung

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:49 AM

Cool thanks, they definitely have the retail Flylite construction. Great looking sticks. Kane Pro curve right?

Yes. I also have the Base Reign LT stick in BC14  :P

#60 Hawk11

Hawk11

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

Yes. I also have the Base Reign LT stick in BC14 :P

How do you like the Kane Pro curve. I am thinking about going that route. I bounce between a p88 and the p28. Depends on my mood