Photo

Whats Your Local Rink(s)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

i skate at Snoopys Home Ice in Santa Rosa California but i need to make it up to sharks ice some time to try it out.

you wont be disappointed, the SJ facility is great. Can't speak for Fremont or Oakland though
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#22 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hardee's IcePlex in St. Louis, MO or Independence Events Center in Independence, MO

Skated at the event center for the KC Shootout in 2011. Very nice facility. Locker rooms are wayyyyy to small though. 5 guys and its full. Wonder why they didn't put on the shootout this year?

Anyway I skate at Blazers Ice Centre in Oklahoma City and Arctic Edge Ice Arena also in Oklahoma City .

#23 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Skated at the event center for the KC Shootout in 2011. Very nice facility. Locker rooms are wayyyyy to small though. 5 guys and its full. Wonder why they didn't put on the shootout this year?

Anyway I skate at Blazers Ice Centre in Oklahoma City and Arctic Edge Ice Arena also in Oklahoma City .

It's a nice place for sure. They must have ran out of space for locker rooms. I'll have to look into your rinks if I'm ever in OKC, I travel around the midwest a lot now.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#24 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Wayne Gretzky sports center- Brantford

Mee too!! Also Civic center!!
Hey Timdog, Is that "doubledumps" on Barton st? I have played there, what a dump!! lol

#25 Biscuit

Biscuit
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

First Arena in getto Elmira, NY home of the Elmira Jackals (ECHL)
The place is only about 11 yrs old and it's already fallen apart. The ice is usually horrible but its home for me. For the summer I started to play at a place called the RINK that is just outside of Ithaca, NY. The arena in Elmira closes for the summer so I gotta go where the ice is :D
always looking for Sabres gear

#26 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Played there for a little bit when I was younger, would have some HS games there and played a season with the minutemens AAA team before going over to the Jr Flyers - I actually remember when they broke ground to build the place, ha

o sick what HS did you play for? I could of played minutemen but in 2 years and you win 6 games and a AA tourny i choose not to. There building a 3rd rink now.

#27 cott1

cott1

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

o sick what HS did you play for? I could of played minutemen but in 2 years and you win 6 games and a AA tourny i choose not to. There building a 3rd rink now.

Oh cool, third rink will be great. Love to see hockey gaining more and more popularity in the area. My home rink was Ice Line, doubt Oaks will be able to compete with them and their quad rink though, ice line's facility really is top notch. I played for Conestoga HS then moved north to Connecticut to play for Gunnery in the prep league up there.
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#28 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Canlan Victoria Park Ice Sports and Canlan Scarborough Ice Sports

#29 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Currently "plying my trade" at Scarborough Canlan Ice Sports,

But spent most of my life at Scarborough Gardens, home of the former Wexford Raiders JR A

Hung Like A GeeGee

#30 Mikepell33

Mikepell33
  • LocationMilton, ON

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I skate a lot with my buddy at the Powerade centre in Brampton, ON.
I play in leagues at South Fletcher's in Brampton (worst ice in North America) and Westwood arena in Toronto.
In the winter the guys at work do morning shinnies twice a week at Hershey Centre in Mississauga

#31 pizzuti86

pizzuti86

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

topsnipe

Advanced Member

Group: Member Posts: 124 Joined: 19-December 11 LocationCanada Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Canlan Victoria Park Ice Sports and Canlan Scarborough Ice Sports

Nice I played at both of those rinks a few years ago, the hukka bar at vic park is hilarious

Mikepell33

Advanced Member

Group: Member Posts: 43 Joined: 01-November 11 Posted Today, 12:46 PM

I skate a lot with my buddy at the Powerade centre in Brampton, ON.
I play in leagues at South Fletcher's in Brampton (worst ice in North America) and Westwood arena in Toronto.
In the winter the guys at work do morning shinnies twice a week at Hershey Centre in Mississauga

Hows the league at south fletchers? some guys I know from work are thinking of putting a team there

#32 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Mee too!! Also Civic center!!
Hey Timdog, Is that "doubledumps" on Barton st? I have played there, what a dump!! lol

O ya your rite... On Barton st... Can't miss that dive.. Lol Gota love shinny times tho : 8am -2pm beauty!!

#33 Mikepell33

Mikepell33
  • LocationMilton, ON

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hows the league at south fletchers? some guys I know from work are thinking of putting a team there

The leagues are ok. There is some good hockey there but I find that there are a lot of teams that like to start shit. The rink and league don't mind/encourage beers in the dressing rooms so from time to time you come across guys that are wasted and want to fight. It is a bit different in the higher divisions but if you are an "A" team I would suggest somewhere else because if you are anything like me the terrible ice will drive you nuts.

#34 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

Nice I played at both of those rinks a few years ago, the hukka bar at vic park is hilarious

Haha, yeah that place gets packed on Friday nights somehow and they have security too.

#35 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Classy!

#36 pizzuti86

pizzuti86

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

topsnipe  

Advanced Member 

Group: Member Posts: 126 Joined: 19-December 11 LocationCanada Posted Today, 12:54 AM 

pizzuti86, on 16 June 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Haha, yeah that place gets packed on Friday nights somehow and they have security too. 

haha nice

#37 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

mohawk quad pad

or

barton double dumps

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#38 CIB96

CIB96
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Planet Ice Maple Ridge (games)
Pitt Meadows Arena (pracy's)

#39 CanadiaEh?

CanadiaEh?

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Cloverdale Arena, Cloverdale BC :rolleyes:

#40 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Young Arena, Waterloo, Iowa. Also Cedar Rapids Ice Arena, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Olympic size ice here in Waterloo, and the CR arena has both an NHL and Olympic rink. Both are home to USHL teams. Have taken the youngest one to public skates at a couple other rinks here in Iowa as well in Dubuque and Coralville.