Photo

Whats Your Local Rink(s)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Young Arena, Waterloo, Iowa. Also Cedar Rapids Ice Arena, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Olympic size ice here in Waterloo, and the CR arena has both an NHL and Olympic rink. Both are home to USHL teams. Have taken the youngest one to public skates at a couple other rinks here in Iowa as well in Dubuque and Coralville.

I was in Fairfield today and now I'm staying in Ottumwa. Tomorrow we will be in De Witt and I think I found a rink in Davenport, ever skated there?

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#42 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

No, I have not.

#43 boldfacecole

boldfacecole
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

When at home in Ga: Kennesaw Ice forum
When in Birmingham, AL. Pelham Civic center. Where The frozen Tide plays :D. Actually a very nice facility I think. Atleast compared to
Kennesaw.

#44 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

WFCU Centre in Windsor. Really good ice on all 4 rinks. The bowl rink (Spitfires rink) is fantastic to skate on especially.

For those of you in Toronto, I can't remember if it is Vic Park or Canlan that has the small parking lot and very shady underground garage. I've played there a few times when I visit my buddy in Richmond Hill. He pulls me out for his D and C league teams. I liked the run-down feel, but yeah, I just remember that really shady garage.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#45 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Montrealers,

Civic Centre in DDO - Work for a hockey team, we operate out of that rink

Pierrefonds 4 Glaces- Work as a skate sharpener there

NTR Excellent ice - I play beer league there

#rinkrat

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#46 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Winnipeg rinks:

Archwood Community Centre - my favourite outdoor rink. Right by the river and surrounded by trees to shelter from the wind.

Highlander - where I play beer league.

Notre Dame - Great ice any time of the year.

The Old Ex - Saturday morning pickup.

I play everywhere, but those are the four I know the best. I dig Dutton and Max Bell because they're international size.

#47 DDunks1

DDunks1
  • LocationJohnstown, PA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

I skate at the Cambria County War Memorial (Home of the Movie Slap Shot)

#48 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm old school like DDUNKS1, I play Sunday mornings at the legendary Stampede Corral. I can't believe the Flames played NHL hockey there, it is pretty rustic! Of course none of the NHL rinks were that great in the early 80's.

Posted Image

#49 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Onyx Ice Arena in Rochester, MI or Troy Sports Center in Troy, MI

#50 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

WFCU Centre in Windsor. Really good ice on all 4 rinks. The bowl rink (Spitfires rink) is fantastic to skate on especially.

For those of you in Toronto, I can't remember if it is Vic Park or Canlan that has the small parking lot and very shady underground garage. I've played there a few times when I visit my buddy in Richmond Hill. He pulls me out for his D and C league teams. I liked the run-down feel, but yeah, I just remember that really shady garage.

Canlan took it over a few years back or something. god I havent been there in years. Played there every so often when I was really young. Its surrounded by Chinese restaurants n' stuff. Never liked playing there. The change rooms used to be so ...gritty. but yeah, shady is a good way of phrasing it.

Im kinda bummed I never got to skate at the Windsor rinks when I was living there. Of course I only lived there for under 2 months, but still.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#51 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Oh cool, third rink will be great. Love to see hockey gaining more and more popularity in the area. My home rink was Ice Line, doubt Oaks will be able to compete with them and their quad rink though, ice line's facility really is top notch. I played for Conestoga HS then moved north to Connecticut to play for Gunnery in the prep league up there.

I played for few middle school teams because upper merion had no team i played radnor conestoga then boyertown then radnor. How hard was the test to get into Gunnery?

#52 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Oceanside Arena in Tempe 10 min drive, Arcadia Ice Arena a few miles away in Phoenix 20 minute drive, and Polar Ice Chandler 8 minute drive, Love it!

Oceanside is the best in my eyes

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#53 cbut87

cbut87
  • LocationBurlington, ontario

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Wentworth Triple Rinks (which has two ice hockey rinks and two soccer pitches) One pad has terrible ice! lol
and Appleby arena in Burlington

#54 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Montrealers,

Civic Centre in DDO - Work for a hockey team, we operate out of that rink

Pierrefonds 4 Glaces- Work as a skate sharpener there

NTR Excellent ice - I play beer league there

#rinkrat

Would you of been working at the Pierre Fonds 4 glace when they had the CHE tournament(i think it was that tournament) like last December i think it was the 9th-12th? It was for like atom-midget tournament. Because i think you might of sharpened my skates and brought up how big my skate blades were ahah i really dont know why i remember that day

#55 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

Its a possibility

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#56 FlyersFan1517

FlyersFan1517
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

USTC (inline) Ice Line (ice)
Go Flyers!

#57 gtaco94

gtaco94

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

-Sugar Land Ice and Sports Center (formerly known as the Aerodrome)
-Memorial Ice

Occasionally, I get to skate at the Toyota Center.

#58 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

In Order of Proximity to My Home:

-Beaver County Ice Arena
-Hess Ice Arena
-Warrendale (Cranberry Township) BladeRunners Ice Complex
-RMU Neville Island Sports Center**

**Primary Rink, Unfortunately

#59 Purelife

Purelife
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I play in a bunch but as follow:

- Team plays out of Rinx the one on Duflaw near Yorkdale
- Canlan Scarborough & Vic Park
- Agincourt weekday mornings in the winter $5 shinny for 2 hours can't beat it, most of the time 2 or 3 guys will have the pad to practice as they want.

#60 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I play on the army base in Edmonton. 2 rink bad ice on both lol. But eh I play for free!