Photo

USPS likes to lose international packages

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:58 PM

I had a package from Russia show up about 4 months later. Ordered in April, received beginning of August. I typically don't buy anything internationally anyway because I'm too impatient

Edit: spoiled by Amazon

#22 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:07 PM

Well I am f-in livid right now. I sold a rare VGK jersey on SLS to someone in Canada. Package hasn't moved in two full months so clearly it's lost. SLS finally agreed to cancel the transaction and refund the buyer. But for me, they're only willing to give me a $200 credit for 'inconvenience'. I'm due $600!!! Just another reason that f-in site should allow sellers to opt in/out of what countries they want to ship to. In the meantime I'm going to continue to hound on them because I cannot lose $400 due to their unwillingness to fully insure packages for pre-paid labels they provide. :mad2:

#23 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:49 PM

Well I am f-in livid right now. I sold a rare VGK jersey on SLS to someone in Canada. Package hasn't moved in two full months so clearly it's lost. SLS finally agreed to cancel the transaction and refund the buyer. But for me, they're only willing to give me a $200 credit for 'inconvenience'. I'm due $600!!! Just another reason that f-in site should allow sellers to opt in/out of what countries they want to ship to. In the meantime I'm going to continue to hound on them because I cannot lose $400 due to their unwillingness to fully insure packages for pre-paid labels they provide. :mad2:

That's terrible! I've lost a few packages to Russia and Finland before with no compensation whatsoever. I'd file a complaint with the BBB; I know they're not the most legitimate company, but it's worth a shot. 

That is one of the many reasons I refuse to use that site until they 1. Allow you to control where you can ship. 2. Allow you to block users/trolls from messaging you or buying any items and filter who can buy your items like eBay. 3. Allow you to insure your packages. 4. Have automatic replies set up to respond to messages, especially with the words "offer" or "price" in them. I know a few users including Monty have been able to use #4, but it needs to be a sitewide feature. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#24 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

That sucks. Hope you get your money there. I would be blowing up their line if it were me, and I wouldn't stop until I got every penny of what that sale would have brought in. It absolutely is their responsibility to cover this for you. It would be one thing if you had any control over this, but if they force you to sell their way then they should be eating it when things go wrong. I still sell there, but I have considered leaving many times.

#25 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

Once I unload my current locker, I'm probably done selling with SLS for anything other than used kids gear. The shipping is a huge issue, as is the "offers" (if you can even call them that).

#26 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

On larger ticket items you can purchase your own shipping label (and insurance) and SLS will reimburse you for the postage once you upload a copy of the label and receipt. Kind of a pain, but probably worth it for anything valued over $200. 

Message them to set your account to block offers a certain percentage below your asking price, like say 30%. I know they were looking at doing that across the board as a user controlled feature, not sure if it was ever rolled out. 

I agree the format to get paid as a seller is somewhat flawed , especially now with all the major carriers having delivery issues. I wonder if they will change it in the not too distance future as they are becoming more mainstream. I think they had to offer some sort of buyer protection initially to get people to take a chance on the site/sellers. 

I received a message from ebay wanting me to change over my method of receiving payment to my checking account.  They would take any fees from the incoming payment and deposit the remainder in my account. Sounds great, but reading the disclosures it also authorizes ebay to take any "disputed" amounts from that account. I'm not really willing to give them that kind of access. Not that i'm planning anything sketchy, I just don't trust them not to F me over as a seller.  I use SLS because ebay sucks so much. While SLS has some flaws and growing pains, it's still light years ahead of ebay.  

#27 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:50 PM

Heads up to anyone selling on eBay: Russian scammers are somehow able to break the "US & Canada shipping only" barrier and buy directly to Russia. You'll receive a message in all-Russian that roughly translates to: I send wrong address, please send to new address in message" which obviously takes away all seller protection. After refunding said buyer, you'll get a nasty message in Russian even after blocking said buying buyer.

Three different Russian accounts bought my items, all with zero feedback, all with the same exact copied and pasted message. I had to refund them because I don't trust eBay's seller protection, now PayPal is taking forever to refund them and eBay does not let me block them. What an absolute mess! Does anyone else know where I can sell vintage hockey items? I know there are probably Facebook groups, but don't have an account and I don't know if people would trust a burner account. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#28 andy99

andy99
  • LocationB.C Canada

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:06 AM

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Jan-28-21, 18:44 PM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Jan-06-21, 18:56 PM, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER

Jan-06-21, 09:23 AM, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) 94128

ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT

Jan-05-21, 08:22 AM 

This one had me a little worried, 22 days with no update. I have had others from canada make it in a week to further destinations. around 12 others sent after christmas and this was my first delay.