Photo

Favorite pattern?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Toe curve but not too open.  P92 in a pinch.

#42 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Seems like p92 is super popular.

I as well use one, might try something else one of these days but I figure if it's not broke don't fix it.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#43 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Started from a PM9 to P88 to P92. Stuck with P92's for a while and still use it! I'm really starting to love my Hossa curve though! I loved my AK27 just because of the curve (Gionta = Hossa clone). So right now I just mix around with a Sakic/Hossa.

Looking for a Kreps soon though!

LTB:

• Detroit Red Wings Speedwick L
  • Black Warrior Franchises 14"
  • Martin Erat Stick

#44 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Started from a PM9 to P88 to P92. Stuck with P92's for a while and still use it! I'm really starting to love my Hossa curve though! I loved my AK27 just because of the curve (Gionta = Hossa clone). So right now I just mix around with a Sakic/Hossa.

Looking for a Kreps soon though!

Do you mean pro stock gionta? The retail gionta curve is not a hossa clone, more similar to kovalchuk pro than anything

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#45 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Anyone have pictures of Easton's new e36 pattern?

#46 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I read the Gionta was based off of Demitra's pattern.

Easton P4 with Homemade mid-toe kink / Gionta is my favorite to date.

Waiting to try Leino's Kovalev clone. From stickhandling with it, the lie and toe shape work well for me. Can't wait to see how shooting with it is.

#47 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

I read the Gionta was based off of Demitra's pattern.

Easton P4 with Homemade mid-toe kink / Gionta is my favorite to date.

Waiting to try Leino's Kovalev clone. From stickhandling with it, the lie and toe shape work well for me. Can't wait to see how shooting with it is.

just tried out the kovalev pro on ice. the blade is so long it makes stickhandling weird, but it shoots nice 

#48 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I really got to like E28 for eastons and P14 for bauers

#49 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

just tried out the kovalev pro on ice. the blade is so long it makes stickhandling weird, but it shoots nice 

I'm excited to try it, I just don't think I'll have time to until at least June, as I'm getting ready to move at the end of May. I think I had a Christian blade way back that was really long, still not quite this long. I could see it just being awkwardly big but so far I haven't had any opponents to deal with.

#50 splitbtw

splitbtw
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is the same as the Perron for righties, correct? What is the lie on those things? Kreps/e28 is next on my list to try and depending on how that goes, the kovalev pro or kovy pro will potentially follow. 

#51 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

malkin pro curve

KEVIN

#52 pwb3

pwb3
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

This is the same as the Perron for righties, correct? What is the lie on those things? Kreps/e28 is next on my list to try and depending on how that goes, the kovalev pro or kovy pro will potentially follow. 

It was until the 10-11 season when he added a little more to the toe.  Not sure if he stuck with it or switched back.  Not sure on the lie.  Just a scary amount of rocker though.

#53 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

It was until the 10-11 season when he added a little more to the toe.  Not sure if he stuck with it or switched back.  Not sure on the lie.  Just a scary amount of rocker though.

Correct, i have a Perron as I am a righty. It is currently for sale if you are interested. I would highly recommend kovalchuk pro, stickhandling is effortless and if you shoot from anywhere near the toe accuracy is deadly. I have tried kreps as well and prefer kovalchuk

when kovy added more to the toe or perron? Mine was a perron ai9. not sure on the lie but you're spot on on the rocker. 

#54 splitbtw

splitbtw
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Correct, i have a Perron as I am a righty. It is currently for sale if you are interested. I would highly recommend kovalchuk pro, stickhandling is effortless and if you shoot from anywhere near the toe accuracy is deadly.

I have recently put more emphasis on shooting from the toe, but don't know how I'd adjust to the lower lie. At least with the kreps, there is a higher lie for shooting.

#55 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

kreps is perfect for shooting off the toe but for my shooting style kovalchuk fits better, i found my shots would flutter when i shot with the puck too close to my body because of how open kreps is. Still one of my favorite curves along with p92. i think ill try hossa pro next

#56 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Haha i would say kynetyk but apparently they're pretty sketchy nowadays. 

#57 splitbtw

splitbtw
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

kreps is perfect for shooting off the toe but for my shooting style kovalchuk fits better, i found my shots would flutter when i shot with the puck too close to my body because of how open kreps is. Still one of my favorite curves along with p92. i think ill try hossa pro next

I'd be lying to myself if I said I won't be looking to try it out one day. Unless the kreps just blows me away, my curiosity will get the best of me.

#58 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Haha i would say kynetyk but apparently they're pretty sketchy nowadays.

They've never been not sketchy. Fuck that company.

#59 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

I'd be lying to myself if I said I won't be looking to try it out one day. Unless the kreps just blows me away, my curiosity will get the best of me.

haha i know right i've tried out as many toe curves as i could get my hands on. even though im more than happy with the kovy and it fits my play perfectly, if it looks like i still want to try it

#60 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

They've never been not sketchy. Fuck that company.

bad experience? luckily their right handed kovalchuk mold broke before i could buy a blade