Photo

2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

• Please log in to reply
16553 replies to this topic

#13681 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

Especially when most of them use P92 or P28 anyway.

#13682 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

But you aren't looking at the big picture. Bauer would rather have people buy more sticks throughout the year rather than in bulk at one point in time, it's what keeps their customers coming back to them, if they eliminate that they are literally eating away at their own profits.

Those wouldn't be the customers that the custom sticks would be targeted towards. Very few of us on here even buy retail sticks anymore so it's like not Bauer would be losing money from consumers who only use pro stock, because they aren't seeing that money to begin with. By opening up pro stocks they'll be getting that money. Like you said, in order to keep people coming back Bauer needs to sell stuff one by one. However, there can't be customers coming back if they were never there to begin with. Those are the customers I'm referring to, the ones that don't buy any Bauer sticks because they're spending their money on PSH or with other companies' offerings. So I think that Bauer would increase their sales overall, not decrease them, by tapping that "market".

Add in the fact that there are so many options offered to pros, and many are not using the latest and greatest that bauer advertises on a yearly basis, and again that would do more bad than good long term because there's no longer any reason to sell or hype a new product.

Youth hockey players will still buy the latest and "greatest", and the amount of retail customers vastly outnumbers the amount of pro stock (only) customers at all age groups. And like you said, 98% of customers don't have an interest in shelling out $2k on sticks for mens league meaning that they're still getting money from that 98% buying retail sticks. And if they wanted to serve that other 2%, it's not like they have to have 1 machine dedicated to making retail-customs and nothing else (slowing down assembly times) if they open such a program up.

Bauer's product shouldn't expect special treatment just because of their name.

But their products are treated specially because of their name. Why else then do we still see people asking for full customs from Bauer despite the fact that Warrior, CCM, and TRUE offer the full custom stick service to us?

Sure, the upside as far as profits go would be minimal, but profit is profit. I'm just failing to see any downside to Bauer offering the same stick services to retail customers that all the other companies do, unless Bauer thinks that opening up the custom stick program to the public would significantly interfere with their production for pros (which I doubt), but that would be a good problem to have because that means that there is way more demand for full custom Bauer sticks than you say so that's just even more money for Bauer.

Custom everything.

#13683 Adam

Adam

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

But that's just it, theres no guaranteed money from this offering, not to mention the logistical changes they would have to make, and all the unhappy customers who expect to get the same treatment as nhl players when they're sticks are delayed because legitimate professionals fall higher on the totem pole of custom stick production. If the headache was worth it, Bauer would be doing it, they obviously are content with their current offerings, which should be enough for people interested in custom sticks.

And to be fair, if im bauer and somebody wants "Customs" that are P92 or P28 I'd tell them to go to the stick rack too because it isnt even worth their time to produce them, hence the team options and bauer ID's.

#13684 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

There’s a lot of whispers in the hockey industry about more and more custom stuff. Kids nowadays want custom stuff, and the parents do too. Plus, a lot of parents would totally pay for custom skates and sticks.

So I can see them opening up to more custom options slowly.

#13685 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

patience

IG: Fooj Media

#13686 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

But their products are treated specially because of their name. Why else then do we still see people asking for full customs from Bauer despite the fact that Warrior, CCM, and TRUE offer the full custom stick service to us?

Just out of curiosity, If you want these custom Bauer’s so badly and that no other company will do, what is your ideal custom order?

#13687 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

How many sticks does a beer leaguer need? Just curious..

#13688 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

gallery_669_1242_108969.jpg

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#13689 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:04 PM

haha a good laugh

#13690 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

:LOL:

99% of beer leagues have 2 sticks and some keep them for years.

Sports2K beer leaguers?

When the graphics arent in the NHL anymore, we need new sticks :D

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#13691 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

:LOL: :LOL:

Just out of curiosity, If you want these custom Bauer’s so badly and that no other company will do, what is your ideal custom order?

I've had CCMs and TRUEs made and they were both great sticks but didn't check every box. The CCMs had a really great blade (XX-stiff rating) but the shooting felt off, the TRUEs have a great shot and great blade (XX-stiff but not as stiff as the CCM's) but the blade gets chipped and starts fraying really easily compared to Bauer and CCM which makes it go dead sooner than I'd like.

Bauer G3 in 72 flex with either the Supreme boxy shaft or the 2017 1N shaft dimensions (though I don't think Bauer could even do that shaft shape since the G3 is built with the old monocomp technology and I don't know if they have a stick mould with those dimensions) with the extra thin blade and XX-stiffness, with my custom curve which is basically a tweaked P91 to have a deeper pocket and not be as much of a pure wedge, with glossy finish no grip.

Or since rumors were circulatting a couple years ago that Bauer wasn't going to make the G3 for new players i.e. if the player in the past had used a G3 they'd still make it for them but someone opening a new player account would not have access to that build. If that's the case then:

RB10JB in 72 flex with the 1N shaft dimensions, XX-stiff blade, with my custom curve, with glossy finish no grip.

The main thing I care about is the curve, really, since none of Bauer's P-## offerings at the semi-custom level is the same. If they were, I'd settle with ordering some Nexus sticks that way. But even then, I don't think Bauer offers flexes lower than 77 for those kinds of orders.

Custom everything.

#13692 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

:LOL: :LOL:

I've had CCMs and TRUEs made and they were both great sticks but didn't check every box. The CCMs had a really great blade (XX-stiff rating) but the shooting felt off, the TRUEs have a great shot and great blade (XX-stiff but not as stiff as the CCM's) but the blade gets chipped and starts fraying really easily compared to Bauer and CCM which makes it go dead sooner than I'd like.

Bauer G3 in 72 flex with either the Supreme boxy shaft or the 2017 1N shaft dimensions (though I don't think Bauer could even do that shaft shape since the G3 is built with the old monocomp technology and I don't know if they have a stick mould with those dimensions) with the extra thin blade and XX-stiffness, with my custom curve which is basically a tweaked P91 to have a deeper pocket and not be as much of a pure wedge, with glossy finish no grip.

Or since rumors were circulatting a couple years ago that Bauer wasn't going to make the G3 for new players i.e. if the player in the past had used a G3 they'd still make it for them but someone opening a new player account would not have access to that build. If that's the case then:

RB10JB in 72 flex with the 1N shaft dimensions, XX-stiff blade, with my custom curve, with glossy finish no grip.

The main thing I care about is the curve, really, since none of Bauer's P-## offerings at the semi-custom level is the same. If they were, I'd settle with ordering some Nexus sticks that way. But even then, I don't think Bauer offers flexes lower than 77 for those kinds of orders.

Man I hope you have a phenomenal shot for being so particular about sticks and that’s coming from a guy that’s particular about sticks. So particular in fact that I exhaust myself and give up being particular until I get particular again. I did score a pretty sick goal in a B league game with my retail CX E28 75 Flex the other night though...

#13693 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Man I hope you have a phenomenal shot for being so particular about sticks and that’s coming from a guy that’s particular about sticks. So particular in fact that I exhaust myself and give up being particular until I get particular again. I did score a pretty sick goal in a B league game with my retail CX E28 75 Flex the other night though...

Fake news, retail can‘t score...
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#13694 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:04 PM

My shot and my passing are literally the only things I got going for me. Plus, I was a goalie in a past life so my OCD dictates my gear choices.

Custom everything.

#13695 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:52 PM

I think the same thing was said about custom skates a few years back.. "niche market," to "no market," to "too expensive" and "unrealistic manufacturing logistics".

Since VH/True shook up the skate market by outfitting and overtaking 50+ percent of the NHL, they provoked the giants, and we (the consumers) finally got a response from CCM and Bauer who are now offering fully custom skate molds and fitment centers with 3D scanning tech. Back in 2014, I could count the number of players wearing VHs on one hand.. now, I can't tell you how many players I see now rocking Trues.

While manufacturing skates is different from sticks, it may take another provocation before we see any sort of innovation from the large companies (of the ones who do have custom services, how many of them educate, advertise and offer their services in the retail space nationwide?).

Has anything really changed in the past 4-5 years when it comes to sticks?

I guess some people are and will continue to be satisfied with the status quo.

#13696 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Since VH/True shook up the skate market by outfitting and overtaking 50+ percent of the NHL...

I doubt they have 350 players in their skates.

#threadcloser

#13697 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

Since VH/True shook up the skate market by outfitting and overtaking 50+ percent of the NHL, they provoked the giants, and we (the consumers) finally got a response from CCM and Bauer who are now offering fully custom skate molds and fitment centers with 3D scanning tech.

That sounds like some men’s league True koolaid talking. True/VH didn’t “shake up” anything or provoke the giants. Bauer’s 3D skate lab is not some revolutionary end all be all to skate fitment and the last time I checked even some pros had to drive to Quebec to get a last done if their foot or have a kit sent to them. I’ve been in customs for almost 5 years now, fit by the guys who work with big name guys and I also have some buddies that have talked to me about their skates, orders and the other guys in the locker room. CCM custom, pro rep or not, Bauer custom pro rep or not and the same goes for VH... it’s not some point and click magic to get custom skates to work. Many guys are trial and error troubleshooting fitment specs and tweaking every order. I’ve also heard it how much a nightmare CCM can be with skates as well as the other guys but this mold/3D scan isn’t revolutionary. Neither is True, I personally don’t know a single guy in a pair but I do know they’re tried to make skates for those same guys who said no thanks and never ended up wearing em. What I DO know is that between men’s league hockey, modsquad and here people seem to have some red rocket for True this and True that when the stuff just isn’t that damn good.

#13698 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

I see 1-3 guys per team at the absolute max.

Does not compute. The cult of True really makes me laugh sometimes.

#13699 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

Since VH/True shook up the skate market by outfitting and overtaking 50+ percent of the NHL, they provoked the giants, and we (the consumers) finally got a response from CCM and Bauer who are now offering fully custom skate molds and fitment centers with 3D scanning tech. Back in 2014, I could count the number of players wearing VHs on one hand.. now, I can't tell you how many players I see now rocking true

Anyone have a pie chart or percentages on the current skater use percentages in the nhl? Just curious to see how much more true is being used. Definitely would be interesting.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#13700 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

:LOL:

99% of beer leagues have 2 sticks and some keep them for years.

Sports2K beer leaguers?
When the graphics arent in the NHL anymore, we need new sticks :D

This is true on so many levels. When I see beer league players you usually see the most horrid dusty equipment. Terrible buckets with cages that look like you’d get tetanus just be looking at it. Sticks, pants and gloves from a decade ago. But it’s whatever to them. We’re some of the few that are super specific about our equipment.

And yes won’t lie, I alway want the newest models for pro Bauer twigs. I wouldn’t dump what I’d be currently using but I generally don’t stock up a ton on a current model cause I know they would be coming out with something new that I’d want.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)