#15981 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:05 AM

Feel free to jump over to CCM then boys :D

#15982 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:28 AM

Feel free to jump over to CCM then boys :D

Haha CCM is great. Love the ft1 gloves. Just don't like the lock thumbs on everything. Got a storage unit full of Easton pro stock and a couple new Bauer additions lol

#15983 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:31 AM

That’s the sad part how badly they have fallen. It blows my mind any players wear this junk. The are so cheaply made. I got all excited as they look cool and like the AX1 bur deep in my heart I know they will be hot garbage, cheap and not nearly protective enough for the ridiculous price they are charging. I go pro stock CCM or Bauer any day over anything in the last few years warrior has released.

Who knew changing the factory could make. Them that awful ! I know CCM and Bauer make their pro stock stuff overseas and it’s not even close to as bad.

Is it really just the factory? I feel like the AX1 was a great glove and a lot of them were made overseas. Did they move their production from one overseas factory to a different one?

I wore the alphas a while ago for 3 games before taking a shot to the backhand that hurt like hell. I usually laugh at the idea of shot blockers for beer league, but for me Warriors you actually need them

#15984 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:20 AM

I've seen a few pair of pro stock QRE that were surprisingly comfortable and the palms felt really nice. 1 pair were Karlsson's, but it is clear with the QRE10 and these Alphas they don't seem to be headed in the right direction.

For one, they have to remove the useless printing on their palms that makes them look like they are Suregrip or Digital from a distance to only feel like cardboard when put on.

#15985 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:58 AM

QRL gloves are my favourite glove to use. However I do need to get the floating cuff attached directly to the glove. To me it adds unnecessary length to the gloves. Good idea in theory but bad idea in practice.

The newer gloves are hot garbage. A buddy of mine got a pair of retail QRE10 gloves and immediately I noticed the reduction in quality. Also, they offset the thumb further from the glove which made it uncomfortable to wear.

I like the idea of innovation, but if it doesn’t work then don’t just launch the product for the sake of something new.

There is a reason why guys in the show wear Warrior gloves. But if you look at gear geek, only one guy wears QRE10 and a handful are in Alphas.

I’d also bet that guys using the new QRE10 stick are just having their older sticks dressed like them.

#15986 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:04 PM

One other thing.

They changed the palms of the QRE so they don’t have binding on the wider edge. Ken @ CPR says it makes it much harder to repalm and adds extra time and work (more cost for us)

#15987 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:25 PM

Imagine calling it the FR, putting those backroll stripes on them and still having that god awful cuff. You’d think they have some kind of patent restriction against themselves prohibiting the reuse of the first ballot HOF bloomin onion cuff.

The only thing that I can think of is that their current glove design team has the worst case of galaxy brain of all time and refuses to just acknowledge that the classic MIA design is better than anything they can come up with.

#15988 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:22 PM

Imagine calling it the FR, putting those backroll stripes on them and still having that god awful cuff. You’d think they have some kind of patent restriction against themselves prohibiting the reuse of the first ballot HOF bloomin onion cuff.

The only thing that I can think of is that their current glove design team has the worst case of galaxy brain of all time and refuses to just acknowledge that the classic MIA design is better than anything they can come up with.

Look at the QRE 10 with the 1 piece of foam going all the way down the backhand, how can anyone pretend that will help with dexterity in a glove...

#15989 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:25 PM

Lolol it's like the Brittany Spears of gloves, Warrior needs a handler to protect itself from itself

#15990 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:21 PM

Warrior is a lost cause at this point.

The only hope are the pro’s who use warrior and ask for their gloves to be built like the old franchise (or Luxe). And even with that those mitts probably have to make a pit stop at CPR.

#15991 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:14 PM

Warrior is a lost cause at this point.

The only hope are the pro’s who use warrior and ask for their gloves to be built like the old franchise (or Luxe). And even with that those mitts probably have to make a pit stop at CPR.

Bit more than a pit stop. Costs example is Spezza, who is super particular about his specs. Ken posted pics a while back of how Spezza's mitts arrive at CPR. Warrior doesn't even do the palms. They do outer gusset panels, Pat mods them and then does inside gussets and palms. Warrior can only be trusted with half the glove construction at this point. It also speaks volumes about Pat's awesomeness, that his work is so much better than factory that guys don't even bother with the factory anymore

#15992 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

Bit more than a pit stop. Costs example is Spezza, who is super particular about his specs. Ken posted pics a while back of how Spezza's mitts arrive at CPR. Warrior doesn't even do the palms. They do outer gusset panels, Pat mods them and then does inside gussets and palms. Warrior can only be trusted with half the glove construction at this point. It also speaks volumes about Pat's awesomeness, that his work is so much better than factory that guys don't even bother with the factory anymore

I was being ironical...but yea the amount of work that goes into Spezza's are extreme and it shows a significant lack of quality control on Warrior's end with their overseas manufacturing.

#15993 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:45 AM

I know 👍

#15994 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:07 PM

I got a chance to wear a qre10 glove yesterday and it was super weird. 13” felt huge. It was not at all the tapered fit of the covert series. It was wide bulky and man was it poorly made. I would definitely not want to wear that in my league games let alone the Nhl…

#15995 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:44 AM

Toews back on the ice with CCM wheels, bucket, and twig. Cool video, glad to see hes recovered 🙏

#15996 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:12 PM

I noticed the CCM stuff, too. Although later in the video he's back in the 4500 bucket.

I have to say that new CCM helmet has a nice look to it.

#15997 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:20 PM

Wtf is this lol guy says he has a Trigger 6

https://sidelineswap...r-trigger-6-pro

#15998 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:35 PM

Why is there a new CCM stick every month and a half

#15999 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2021 - 12:08 AM

This is stupid. I picked up a Warrior retail stick on clearance at my LHS and it's ripping shots just as well as any pro stock stick I have in my closet. Plus they offered a 90-day warranty. Sorry it's 52.6 grams heavier than the $399.99 stick.... (exaggerating obviously but you get my drift)

#16000 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:56 AM

I think it’s a fake, the CCM catalog doesn’t even mention anything about a Trigger 6 let alone anything this year