Photo

New York Islanders Sale

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#61 MileHigh23

MileHigh23
  • LocationAthabasca, Alberta, Canada

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Anyone in the area going? It's my brothers birthday soon and would love to pick up a couple goalie sticks for him if they are the right size.

#62 bhuz80

bhuz80

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

I was at the main pro shop today, getting some stuff, and had no idea about the tent sale.  I'm shocked the CS was bad, as usually they're very good at that store

#63 Ryangiblin

Ryangiblin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Sure would have loved to have known about this before right now

#64 Frippe11

Frippe11

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Dupes, do you still sell the Tavares gloves for $250 like i saw in som other forum?

#65 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Dupes, do you still sell the Tavares gloves for $250 like i saw in som other forum?

http://www.sports2k....ale/?hl=tavares

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#66 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

something about pictures of shins almost gives my willy butterflies

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#67 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Anyone know skates price? Ave for gear sale?
I have some mint makos I'd trade for pair and $200. That's being said if you can grab some for 100-150

#68 rover

rover
  • LocationNy

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Big sale tomorrow.  They have a few pairs of gloves.  Maybe 8 pairs of skates.   Moulson, 2 Aucoin, Hickey, Tavares, and a couple of bauer skates, I didn't really look at.  6 helmets, and a batch of sticks.  Mitts  were ccms,  Bauer and Easton Parentau's  $125

Price of skates were $250 - $300  Except for Tavares  not sure  I think they were $500 last year.

Aucoin was 8 $300

Hickey was 8.5  $300

Moulson I think 9.5 or 10. and Maybe $300

Best is to call, looked like they had full staff there today.

#69 rous1010

rous1010

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

ALTERNATE GREY SET SOCKS large ???

I'm buyer

#70 Frippe11

Frippe11

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Could anyone who is going there, pick up the tavares skates (if it is the CCM U+ with custom JT logos)? I pay the same price + shipping! PM me!

#71 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Could anyone who is going there, pick up the tavares skates (if it is the CCM U+ with custom JT logos)? I pay the same price + shipping! PM me!

The polite thing to do would be to at least offer the person a little extra for their trouble.

#72 rous1010

rous1010

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

JoeyJ0506.....................you talk !!!

I pay extra for grey alternate socks size large

#73 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

JoeyJ0506.....................you talk !!!

I pay extra for grey alternate socks size large

Pardon me, but... What?

#74 Frippe11

Frippe11

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

I think it´s polite to pay the same price + shipping cost. I´m from Sweden so the shipping cost is really high... but yes, i could put in some extra $..

The polite thing to do would be to at least offer the person a little extra for their trouble.

#75 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

I think it´s polite to pay the same price + shipping cost. I´m from Sweden so the shipping cost is really high... but yes, i could put in some extra $..

Part of what you want to do, it's the cost of doing business in your case.

#76 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yes agree with Joey. Unless your a regular on here and have made some deal and working relations put a 10-20 dollar tip in. It just makes sense. The person has to try and grab something for you on top of their own purchase. Usually spot the money until you pay up AND package and ship. Yes boys and girls that does not happen with no effort.

If you know the person and have traded or made a deal before sometimes its cool because you know you'll get them back later with a deal.

Also just because you live far its not out problem and your not a charity case! Your complaining and you live in the mother country of JOFA....peh no pitty on your man !

#77 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yes agree with Joey. Unless your a regular on here and have made some deal and working relations put a 10-20 dollar tip in. It just makes sense. The person has to try and grab something for you on top of their own purchase. Usually spot the money until you pay up AND package and ship. Yes boys and girls that does not happen with no effort.

If you know the person and have traded or made a deal before sometimes its cool because you know you'll get them back later with a deal.

Also just because you live far its not out problem and your not a charity case! Your complaining and you live in the mother country of JOFA....peh no pitty on your man !

Here's my thoughts behind this. You have to figure the following:

1. Time
2. Effort
3. Gasoline
4. Cost

1. As Beer Leaguer said, the person has to take the time to find what you are looking for ON TOP of their stuff.  Sometimes that may cost them getting to what they came for. How much is your own time worth to you?

2. Effort, it has been a long time since I got to go to an equipment sale. But, from what I gather they are no longer under-the-radar gatherings of a few hard core fans. Everyone wants a piece of the pie now and it makes these events much more of a hassle. How much is the aggravation of fighting the crowd worth to you?

3. It costs money to drive to and from the site of the sale. Maybe the person is going to the sale anyway, but what about the cost of gasoline to get to the post office? That costs money too.

4. The pure cost of doing business.  Even if the person "Pre-Pays" with PayPal there is still going to be out-of-pocket cost for the buyer.  This needs to be accounted for.

As I said, being a polite and respectful person, would lead me to give the person more than $10-$20 for everything they put into it to help me out. $25 Finder's Fee seems a good starting place depending on those four factors.

You can argue with me until you are blue in the face on this. I know what my time & effort are worth, and fuel and out of pocket cost is easily quantifiable. Be a stand-up person and show some respect for the people that help you out.  Especially, like Beer Leaguer said, if the people you are asking to help you do not know you from a hole in the ground.

FUN STORY: Why am I sounding pretty fired up about this?  Well, when I have offered free items to this community where the "buyer" only has to pay shipping I have had at least two people, both times, ask me to split the shipping cost to Europe or Canada because of how expensive it is.  I understand it is not cheap to ship, but I was already giving away something, the idea of losing a dollar amount out of pocket on a FREE ITEM made my blood boil. 

#78 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Lol that is funny.. share the shipping on a free item... wtf

#79 rover

rover
  • LocationNy

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Some people don't get it.  I believe the skates are $600?  I play there every week, and could help a buyer out if needed, but I ain't taking a hit in my own pocket as some think is right.

#80 rous1010

rous1010

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

alternate grey-black-blue socks ???

nobody have ?