Photo

The I love pro stock lots of ppl don't understand why, I guess that is why I am in here thread.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 rgrahamjr79

rgrahamjr79
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

where I came from you rarely saw pro stock gear. there were a couple of guys with sabres and red wing pro stock stuff but that was about it. shipping was insane to where I was, but ebay offered better reasonable shipping from sellers and was able to get started with gloves. im new, but if I can also help out some friends back home with quality gear then im all for it, and if I can add a little stuff here and there to my own collection then that is great also.

#42 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

I love pro stock and plenty of people understand why. It's because I don't have any chest hair so I'm trying to compensate by looking ridiculously good.

#43 rgrahamjr79

rgrahamjr79
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

I thinking about collecting just gloves. I'm trying range my collection on different colours. I hate having all one model or colour combo.

For lids I'm all nike 0004 and ht2 ccms.

Skates is a mess for me. I did pickup some new white 11ks so ill prob stick in them for a while.

Overall collecting gear is exactly like sneaker heads or any other form of collecting. Each pair of gloves for me either has a story or theme.

If your a fan of pro stock always make sure to take pics while in it. I go as far as to record with pics my pickups.

My gf understands me and actually likes to be let in on why and what I'm using. It's the buddies who don't get it that annoys me. I can tell ppl sites and how much this is and shit and they still just wanna offer for my own gear. I hate it. I've made it a thing that I'm not selling any gloves I obtain now. So I really am picking out ones I really want.

have you seen those pro 4400 shanahan's on ebay?

#44 sierrawhiskeygolf

sierrawhiskeygolf
  • LocationT-Dot

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

not a collector at all, personally. can't understand collecting anything, doesn't matter what. to me collecting hockey gear is the same as collecting beanie babies, why buy a lot of something and then put it on a shelf. but that's just me. i guess if you have sid's jersey from the golden goal, or something like that, that's collecting at a different level and that you can understand, but having 25 pairs of gloves isn't my thing. it's still impressive to see people's collections, even though i don't understand it. 

pro stock skates:

they come in odd sizes and if you're lucky and persistent you can find a better match for your size. i have a pair of pro stock bauer in size 7 1/4, perfect fit for me. you can get odd widths, you can also get staggered sizes, so you might need 7 1/4 left and 7 3/4 right and if you look hard enough they are out there. 

pro stock gloves:

they are very light. don't agree on them wearing better than retail however, there's no need for a pro glove to wear longer, they are replaced many times over in a season and if anything pro gloves wear quicker than a retail glove, but the fit and weight are better. 

#45 Scoff

Scoff

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

not a collector at all, personally. can't understand collecting anything, doesn't matter what. to me collecting hockey gear is the same as collecting beanie babies, why buy a lot of something and then put it on a shelf. but that's just me. i guess if you have sid's jersey from the golden goal, or something like that, that's collecting at a different level and that you can understand, but having 25 pairs of gloves isn't my thing. it's still impressive to see people's collections, even though i don't understand it. 

pro stock skates:

they come in odd sizes and if you're lucky and persistent you can find a better match for your size. i have a pair of pro stock bauer in size 7 1/4, perfect fit for me. you can get odd widths, you can also get staggered sizes, so you might need 7 1/4 left and 7 3/4 right and if you look hard enough they are out there. 

pro stock gloves:

they are very light. don't agree on them wearing better than retail however, there's no need for a pro glove to wear longer, they are replaced many times over in a season and if anything pro gloves wear quicker than a retail glove, but the fit and weight are better. 

I have to agree with you regarding skates and gloves fitting better,  and weighing less then retail.  I learned this when I got done paying pro and had to start paying for my own equipment. I have been lucky, I have only had to replace my skates....(Thank god for the Bauer rep in my area, he pulled some strings and saved me $1200.00.)

Personally, I hate how quick pro stock stock gear breaks, or tears or gives in.  Let's face it, weather you believe it or not, retail is built far more durable.  Anyone that understands pro stock hockey equipment, knows that it is built lighter, and for performance, not durability.  Pro stock gear has no warranty as it is built for performance nd the pro teams have no choice but to keep buying it. Think of it from a business perspective.  Do you really think Bauer, Easton, Warrior, Sherwood, RBK..etc are going to sell equipment with a warranty against breaking, and make it with the same performance as pro stock? I doubt it they would be replacing sticks way to much. The average player is not going to notice much difference in sticks.  I can still aim and shoot just as hard with a $60 retail stick compared to a S19. Although, it did suck having to get used to a stock retail curve.   

#46 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have to agree with you regarding skates and gloves fitting better,  and weighing less then retail.  I learned this when I got done paying pro and had to start paying for my own equipment. I have been lucky, I have only had to replace my skates....(Thank god for the Bauer rep in my area, he pulled some strings and saved me $1200.00.)

Personally, I hate how quick pro stock stock gear breaks, or tears or gives in.  Let's face it, weather you believe it or not, retail is built far more durable.  Anyone that understands pro stock hockey equipment, knows that it is built lighter, and for performance, not durability.  Pro stock gear has no warranty as it is built for performance nd the pro teams have no choice but to keep buying it. Think of it from a business perspective.  Do you really think Bauer, Easton, Warrior, Sherwood, RBK..etc are going to sell equipment with a warranty against breaking, and make it with the same performance as pro stock? I doubt it they would be replacing sticks way to much. The average player is not going to notice much difference in sticks.  I can still aim and shoot just as hard with a $60 retail stick compared to a S19. Although, it did suck having to get used to a stock retail curve.   

1) No skates are 1200$. Not even customs.

2) Retail is not built far more durable. This is an asinine blanket statement.

3) Stuff breaks at a pro level more because, oh I don't know, THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS? They're way stronger, faster, and perform better than you ever will.

4) You cannot shoot harder and aim better with a bottom of the barrel stick than with a top of the line stick. That's simple physics and manufacturing design.

5) This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen.

#47 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Customs I believe are $800 with a $100 for customization if I'm right. Unless the $1200 skates your talking about are like custom fired which means they took a plaster mold of your foot then made the skate out of that.

#48 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

1) No skates are 1200$. Not even customs.

2) Retail is not built far more durable. This is an asinine blanket statement.

3) Stuff breaks at a pro level more because, oh I don't know, THEY'RE PROFESSIONALS? They're way stronger, faster, and perform better than you ever will.

4) You cannot shoot harder and aim better with a bottom of the barrel stick than with a top of the line stick. That's simple physics and manufacturing design.

5) This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen.

This was a little more hostile than what I was thinking, but I agree

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#49 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Apologies if my tone is a little derogatory....these new members spouting nonsense is really starting to drive me up the wall.

#50 robferrari33

robferrari33

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

I thinking about collecting just gloves. I'm trying range my collection on different colours. I hate having all one model or colour combo.

For lids I'm all nike 0004 and ht2 ccms.

Skates is a mess for me. I did pickup some new white 11ks so ill prob stick in them for a while.

Overall collecting gear is exactly like sneaker heads or any other form of collecting. Each pair of gloves for me either has a story or theme.

If your a fan of pro stock always make sure to take pics while in it. I go as far as to record with pics my pickups.

My gf understands me and actually likes to be let in on why and what I'm using. It's the buddies who don't get it that annoys me. I can tell ppl sites and how much this is and shit and they still just wanna offer for my own gear. I hate it. I've made it a thing that I'm not selling any gloves I obtain now. So I really am picking out ones I really want.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Got into this site not to long ago and recently started my collection. I really plan to get into pro stock gear for the collection, I don't need a ton of gloves or equipment right away because I'd like to get ones that I'm absolutely in love with.

Always looking for any cool 14" CCM CLs

#51 Bake91

Bake91
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

Honestly it's my hobby. The thrill of getting new gear in the mail and using it is priceless. Why get boring retail gear when you can get sick gear at a awesome price. Even if people say the sticks snap quicker or the gloves ware quicker, which they don't. You can buy two sticks or two pairs of gloves at the same retail price of one. People who don't collect it will never understand. I was shown this site and I've been in love ever since. It's official, I'm a gear whore.

50 in 07'

#52 robferrari33

robferrari33

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Basically the same with me, I just finished a Hershey bears set and Im in love with it, I can't imagine buying and selling on this site just for profit. Yeah making a profit is nice but I'd never buy something just so I can make a profit on it on here. I buy because I'm in love with it and want to make my collection a little bigger. I'd love to say I'm a gear whore but I have 3 pieces of pro stock equipment, granted 2 of them are somewhat rare. I still don't think I've achieved the gear whore status but hoping to one day

Always looking for any cool 14" CCM CLs

#53 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Apologies if my tone is a little derogatory....these new members spouting nonsense is really starting to drive me up the wall.

+1

#54 Adam

Adam

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

My main reason for being attracted to pro  stock gear mainly has to do with the outrageous prics of hockey equipment in canda. I just bought 2 pro stock sticks that are brand new and with shipping they still came to less than what one would cost here before tax. I can live with no warranty.