Photo

The I love pro stock lots of ppl don't understand why, I guess that is why I am in here thread.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

If only THERE was a grammar test before one could post on here.

#22 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I get the odd chirp here and there, but for the most part everyone always thinks my stuff is sick, and how to get some. I hook up my teammates with stuff on a regular basis.

#23 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

3 for 1 sticks. TAKE THAT CANADIAN PRICES.

#24 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Super well said. If I have kids in the very far future haha, I would totally give them start money to buy pro stuff and then go from there. Rather have them spending money on hockey gear then getting alcohol every time they get money.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

#25 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Had a very long conversation with my wife last night, she reached the point of "enough is enough". When I made the comparison of watches, purses, and shoes she started to realize I had a point. True, I can only wear one pair of gloves per game/shift but she would look ridiculous wearing multiple handbags and time pieces at the same time too. Besides, if my glove collection was all retail then I would probably feel a bit silly, but since they are all pro stock that makes them unique and very hard for someone else to have. It's the concept of being a collector that most people can't grasp. And there are much worse things I could be spending money on too.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#26 conlon17

conlon17
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Mincy that is one good point...
You have now helped me win multiple arguments In the near future:)

#27 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Glad I can help. 👍

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#28 Hellkitty

Hellkitty
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

My teams laugh about it. I did tell them the whole women collect shoes I collect gloves. I do switch out my stuff just about every game I play and I bring 2 pairs of gloves to my games and my team picks which ones i wear. Although I'm limited on stuff since I'm tiny so I take advantage when I can. The only thing I can't get in my size is a stick (I'm a 50 flex) & skates (I'm a jr size 3 skate).

#29 TS76

TS76
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I got started years ago at Hawkquarters, honestly mainly because my LHS was always more worried about pushing stuff out the door than with real quality fitting. (Also way before the internet and expanded access to quality info.)

They say equipment can't make you better, but it can make you worse! I was a lot worse off because I was naive.

Started with Jofa shins, and elbows. My skating improved dramatically-or should I say wasn't disrupted by ill fitting shins.

Got into sticks/blades on a whim. Brett Hull was my favorite player growing up so I was like what the hell and got a couple pro-stock blades, and a couple extra whippy (360-65) AK-27 shafts and ended up loving them.

It was cool to pick up the RBK socks at HQs before anyone new what they were too, and they were better functionally.

Still not really sure sbout skates, Ive thought about ir but I have thick feet so I really prefer to try them on.

You guys really gave me thinking sbout gloves. My issue is Ive got small pinkies. The old TPS R8's fit me best but if anybodys got any suggestions for a similar fit Id appreciate it.

#30 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

I played against this dude in a beer league more than a handful of years ago who really wanted my helmet and pants from college. He asked if I would trade for some pro stock Hawks pants, a helmet from the Wolves, a couple visors, and a couple sticks. I took the trade and ever since then I've been collecting pro stock gear.

I'd say the number one reason I continue to pick up pro stock gear is because of it's quality-- a close second is because some of the stuff just looks cool.

...I will say that as of late I'm trying to match a lot more which is something I never used to care about.

#31 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Since I was 11 I've always wanted pro gear than grew up got a job and bought pro gear. Now I'm a hoarder. Can't get enough gear. This addiction she's a good one, beats gambling and drinking my money down a dark hole.

#32 Jarhead

Jarhead

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I play with several guys on this site,and when anyone asks why we prefer pro stock as opposed to retail,I just show them how much more padding and how much more comfortable it is,seeing as how since it was made its been maintained by a pro eqm,and then they ask "how'd you get all this stuff" I normally say "talk to him"( point to fatphilly)...

#33 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

They say if you look better out there you play 30% better right?

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#34 Jarhead

Jarhead

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Is that possible from the bench,if so then yes that's right

#35 brandon_rusty

brandon_rusty

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

My motto is "if you look good, then you feel good makes you play good" ;)

#36 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

My motto is "if you look good, then you feel good makes you play good" ;)

One of the only smart things Deion Sanders ever said.

#37 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm such a big fan of the pro game the gear these guys use I think is awesome. Plus mostly either outlast or sticks specially cost cheaper than retail. I wish I was in a league with some gear heads in here. Out of my league I'd say 5 ppl give a shit about pro stock.

#38 iiExiiLeD

iiExiiLeD
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

many reasons i like pro stock gear. For one, you cant get the colors wtih retail. the gloves are much more unique, not to mention better quality. its cheaper than retail, so why not go pro stock? i find pro stock gloves are way comfier. i bought a pair of pro stock gloves for my first time, after that i got addicted.

for sticks, its a given. theyre much lighter, better quality, and half the price! great thing about it is a lot of them have cool grip to them and cool curves,

Every time i get a new pair of gloves, or a new stick, everyone hassles me. they think its a waste of money having more than 2 sticks and 2 pairs of gloves. they dont understand that its addicting to buy gear lol. Once a gear whore, always a gear whore

Always looking for LH toe curves, Wild & Oilers stuff!!!

#39 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

Mainly a stick whore, though im down to three at the moment.  I get hassled about it all the time from my team when i get new sticks, but i love the toe curves and prostock sticks are much better on my wallet, not to mention better quality.  Finally got a couple kids interested in prostock gear too.  Only thing i disagree with is that prostock gloves are cheaper than retail.  Better quality, yes, but not cheaper for the most part.  I've only had one pair of prostock gloves so far but ill be on the hunt for Warriors in the next couple months when i get some spare cash

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#40 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I thinking about collecting just gloves. I'm trying range my collection on different colours. I hate having all one model or colour combo.

For lids I'm all nike 0004 and ht2 ccms.

Skates is a mess for me. I did pickup some new white 11ks so ill prob stick in them for a while.

Overall collecting gear is exactly like sneaker heads or any other form of collecting. Each pair of gloves for me either has a story or theme.

If your a fan of pro stock always make sure to take pics while in it. I go as far as to record with pics my pickups.

My gf understands me and actually likes to be let in on why and what I'm using. It's the buddies who don't get it that annoys me. I can tell ppl sites and how much this is and shit and they still just wanna offer for my own gear. I hate it. I've made it a thing that I'm not selling any gloves I obtain now. So I really am picking out ones I really want.