Photo

The HAPPY/GOOD topic

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#121 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

Bought my very first car the other week. First car between my mom and I in 6 years... Life has changed. Costco trip happened the first day haha
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#122 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

That's the correct thing to do with your first car day. Costco is the bomb!!! Congrats on the car Steph. What'd ya get?
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#123 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

Landed another teaching gig in the UK. guess I'll be packing my bags again soon! (OH and the town Im moving to has a semi-pro team so thats a plus)

Hung Like A GeeGee

#124 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I got a Jeep Wrangler!
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#125 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

I got a Jeep Wrangler!

What model and year? Getting one of those myself in a couple months

#126 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

im working downtown today so i picked up 10 waffle taccles and gave them out to two homeless dudes they were smiling

#127 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

I got a Jeep Wrangler!

not to try to spoil the party, but those eat gas, my friend she bought the 4 door version and does absolutely no off-roading nor does she need the space at all. I asked her why she bought it, She said it was "cute". after having it for a few months she told me the gas was unbearable, she ended up driving it less and less and taking her parents civic all the time. 

In canada especially gas mileage matters.

For you US people:

gas in canada is sold in litres -

1 Litre of gas in canada sells for 1.33 cents CDN

therefore:

1 gallon in canada sells for $5.02

For the Canadians:

When i go down to buffalo it's roughly averaging $3.79 a gallon

which means it's about $1 a litre in buffalo.

it's crazy because in canada there's so much gas tax. it's a 33% increase for gas in canada. 

so if it cost about $100 to fill your tank in the USA it's $133 in canada. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#128 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Jeep have been around my mom and I forever with my best friends family have 4. I've always wanted a Jeep so the gas wasn't an issue for me, especially how little I actually use it haha. And I'm always hitting the trails not just driving around downtown haha! I have a 2 door and can fit everything I need. Rubi shocks too! I'll probably never drive another type of car. 4 door Jeeps aren't Jeeps.

I get decent gas mileage actually with the highway being my most driven road for the most part and car pooling but yes definitely a little piggy on gas.

I think it's one of those things if you really know about Jeeps do all your research and talk to people who love em, you know all that and don't care haha. It's more of a lifestyle choice ya know? I always tie it back to my best friend. She loved them just as much as I do so I try to keep her memory alive through my wrangler. More than a car for me I guess.

I've already started on the mods and can't get enough. The resale value is amazing on them also so if the time comes that it has to go I should be okay!
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#129 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Had an unbelievable week.

Attended my girlfriend's brother's wedding. Had a blast.

Purchased a new vehicle.

And she said yes!

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#130 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

And she said yes!

Awesome! Congratulations Ken!

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#131 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Congrats Ken!
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#132 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Saved a raccoon from being trapped in the dumpster all weekend.

43E4137D-1214-46EC-99EE-E30D8D7A9086_zps

#133 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Wow! Good work. How'd you get him out?

#134 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

we have long sticks of wood around so i just took a couple and leaned it on the inside and had them stick out to the top of the dumpster, in about a minute or so he crawled up the stick and took off. 

It was quite funny cause i went to throw the garbage in the dumpster and he spooked me a little cause i didn't realize it was in there.Funny enough it was really calm especially when i was putting the stick in to help it out. 

#135 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

we have long sticks of wood around so i just took a couple and leaned it on the inside and had them stick out to the top of the dumpster, in about a minute or so he crawled up the stick and took off.

It was quite funny cause i went to throw the garbage in the dumpster and he spooked me a little cause i didn't realize it was in there.Funny enough it was really calm especially when i was putting the stick in to help it out.

That's really cool. He probably knew you were going to help him. Good work!

#136 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Awesome! Congratulations Ken!

Congrats Ken!

Thanks guys!

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#137 stuarto_pidasso

stuarto_pidasso
  • Locationunder someone's skin

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I was at a public skate today when a precocious but cute four year old was on the ice. I spent a little time trying to teach him a couple of things. His parents then turn around, thank me profusely and give me a gift certificate to the rink for admission. I certainly didn't expect anything like that.

Every time I think that appreciation and common courtesy has died, someone has to prove me wrong. I am still blown away by that act by those parents.
This space intentionally left blank.

#138 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

I was at a public skate today when a precocious but cute four year old was on the ice. I spent a little time trying to teach him a couple of things. His parents then turn around, thank me profusely and give me a gift certificate to the rink for admission. I certainly didn't expect anything like that.

Every time I think that appreciation and common courtesy has died, someone has to prove me wrong. I am still blown away by that act by those parents.

Great story! Feels good to be appreciated. That is why I love this thread:)

#139 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

I passed the level 1 exams for becoming a USA Hockey official today. I'm a ref... Wait. Is that good or bad? Or blinding?

All honesty I'm stoked. Spent 2 hours skating today learning more than I realized and found out I'm almost a natural... Now that's scary.

#140 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

^Ref is a really cool job. Loved it.

Only problem I see is that usually, good games are for the friends of the Ref management team, so youre stuk doing low level games even if youre a good ref