Photo

The HAPPY/GOOD topic

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#161 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

thats awesome man, congratulations, its a lot of fun, i prefer to wear my head phones when i drive it, lets me concentrate better and sing along loudly.   

Always

sing along

Loudly

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#162 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

Whirlwind of a weekend.  Stopped by the Ducks team store Thursday to see what Teemu merchandise they dropped, just so happened we were leaving at the same time Teemu was (he was watching the Ducks practice). Got him to sign a book and got a picture with him, met him a few times now and always the nicest guy.

Saturday night went to Selanne Steak Tavern for an early birthday dinner, planned on getting there right when the bar section opened (cheaper food) and got a surprise when we walked in and found the Stanley Cup being displayed less than five feet from our seats at the bar (it was there for the night).  Then the bartender told us that Teemu and friends were upstairs having a dinner party, and later they ended up slowly trickling down and taking pictures with their friends and families and the Cup.  Got to watch this all happen while eating our food five feet away.  Met Jari Kurri and my brother and I took a picture with Joe Sakic, Teemu, and the Cup.  All of them were awesome guys, hung out and talked with us and others that were around, and when they left Teemu took a Moscow Mule to go that must have been at least 32oz haha. Capped the weekend off by going to Teemu Tribute night, then waking up at 3am this morning and making the 7 hour drive back to school in time for class.  Always cool meeting NHL players, especially legends like these guys, just thought i'd share my latest experience

Pics: 

88FB4F88-032A-4CC0-AE98-31B09EFE4125_zps

5B670E7A-CE7D-46D8-8325-192D39FA1221_zps

C7725FA3-1BCF-4C73-8E3C-35F101F557F5_zps

All the people taking pictures are the guests, friends and family from FinlandA637A7CC-9B34-410A-87BC-C963DE62F3E4_zps

A3160C35-2F79-4A9D-A444-99D924F8273A_zps

And no, i didn't touch it :)

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#163 booyaagrandma

booyaagrandma
  • LocationThe North of Ireland

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

Excellent story ! Thats a good night.

#164 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

Awesome weekend hughsy!

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#165 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Wow great story and amazing bday adventure

AND BEER TO GO???

Awesome....

#166 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

Speaking of beer....

Played outdoor shinny the other week and thought this was worth a mention.

It was a good turnout of about 9-9, 5 players and 4 subs a team. One of the guys who came brought some friends who don’t play hockey. Those guys brought a bosch power box unit with a music player and was blasting music for the whole session. Then they gave out Molson Canadian beers to everyone, unfortunately I don’t really drink beer, but it was a really nice gesture in general. To top it all off everytime we scored a goal (at our rink if there are no goalies, this means hitting the goal posts vs. some rinks that play put it in the next from close range), they would light off fireworks. There were definitely many fireworks lit off.  Either way the whole session felt pretty awesome and definitely could have been made into a beer commercial or something, it was pretty awesome. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#167 BryLech22

BryLech22

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Pats won.  :LOL:

#168 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

Seahawks lost.   :LOL:

STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#169 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

^So much like in the last 2 post!!

#170 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Speaking of beer....

Then they gave out Molson Canadian beers to everyone, unfortunately I don’t really drink beer

You're ok ... Molson Canadian is not beer.  It's piss with alcool in it.

#171 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

ooooh, hah

#172 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

that sounds unreal

#173 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

STX Hockey, has been a completely HUGE HUGE pleasure to deal with.  What an amazing company.  I feel totally lucky.

#174 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

STX Hockey, has been a completely HUGE HUGE pleasure to deal with. What an amazing company. I feel totally lucky.

How so? Quality service and things like that are actually a pretty big draw card to me.

#175 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

Well, they contacted me last monday to set up myself, and 10 others and do like a tester team, if you will. Each person gets to choose, stick model, hand flex etc.  10 others get gloves, model, size, color etc.

They were super patient with me while i reached out and narrowed down from like 70 requests and multiple levels of players, and not only did they just say "ok thanks for the list" but they werent kidding on how fast it was shipping.  They told me to tell everyone 7-10 days.   I got mine in 3, dudes in canada around the same time too.

oh and they sent me a thank you card, thanking me for setting this up.  You just cant help but love them.   They're very hands on.

#176 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

That is absolutely awesome!

I hope all their gear works out, this market is a tough nut to crack!

#177 iscoredlastnite

iscoredlastnite
  • LocationLos Angeles California

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

when a 3 hour once a week class is only an hour long  :nw:

#178 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

oh hell yeah dude, i had that with a 4 hour accounting class.   The old guy would cut it after 2, greatest shit ever. 

#179 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

warrior's customer service, top notch

#180 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Custom Eagle mitts came out better then I expected and got to skate with some fellow 2k'ers last night. Good to get a skate in with Fielder & JTully!