Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#381 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

It definitely does not

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#382 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Did you read his post? It says no.

It actually says:
"So i get out of the line and go home. Once i get in my truck and put the stick in the cab"

#383 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

yeah something inside me was like "DO NOT SHIP OUT RIGHT NOW"

I'm glad i went home, i still told him i shipped out because that was the plan but he immediately opened a case and won fast.  Just garbage.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#384 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Deals that don't work out period.

#385 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Everybody should watch that ^ 

#386 stock07

stock07

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Everybody should watch that ^ 

+1 on that, always a good reminder!

#387 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

My Schools Sports Program.....

They say, we should be getting 1 Ice Time EVERY week or even 2 on some weeks. Guess what? We probably go on once every 3-6 weeks and yet we're still paying 850$. And whenever we aren't doing an on-ice were doing the EASIEST workout of life just because I'm not playing AAA (two groups AA-AAA and House-Rep (I'm in the 2nd group).
Becaus I'm in the "house" group we have all the Competitive C girls (16 guys and 29 Girls) and they cant even do 5 pound weights. Also they started a new rule, if we go grab different weights for the guys it's 3 laps around the mall we're in.

I know it's just pure bitching and whining but common, we deserve a little more considering the price we pay and the effort we give. I'm still grateful for getting the change on losing gym just for ice time though.

LTB:

• Detroit Red Wings Speedwick L
  • Black Warrior Franchises 14"
  • Martin Erat Stick

#388 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

How old are you? You could try joining a different organization outside your school. One ice time every 2 or so weeks is ridiculous. You'll never get any development that way. When I was in high school I played on the club team as well as a travel team outside of school so I would be skating almost twice a day. It was exhausting at times but incredible for your progress. Try doing some research on local organizations and maybe give them a call. You'll be guaranteed at least two practices per week along with whatever games you play depending on what level you're at.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#389 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

Unfuckingreal
Just got a message from a friend four hours ago that her fiancée is going to jail for dealing drugs (good)

Apparently he snapped earlier punched her face twice grabbed her hair and dragged her off te couch, up a few level stairs, out the living room, hallway out the house and halfway down the block.

About a dozen of us flip out and call to go get her some help and get her out of the place and away from this cocksucker.

Her phone keeps going straight to voicemail and a few of the guys who live near and went to her house said nobody would answer the door.

Finally thirty minutes ago se posts on Facebook saying they are having problems and she loves him and they forgave each other on the "misunderstanding" and they plan on working it out until he goes off to jail for the next five years.

Just unbelievable. I can't even fathom this type of shit. This sorry ass excuse of a man does this but she quickly takes him back. Jesus

I honestly don't even know if I should be pissed at someone or just move on from that friendship. She's know a few of us longer than this guy and she chose his "don't leave baby I'm sorry I promise I won't do it again can't you see I loove you?"
Over our collective of "get the fuck out of there!!!"

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#390 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Well if he's going to jail that leaves you guys alot of time to find her a decent man.  Just saying :)

Once she find's a real man she will dump his sorry ass.

#391 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I will never understand women when it comes to shit like that. Oh really, he's cheated on you multiple times and treats you like garbage? Sure, I can see how you still love him and take him back. Why put yourself through that over and over again when you could easily just find someone who's appreciative and actually cares.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#392 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Not to get all Dr. Phil, but your friend is a rescuer. Rescuers won't let themselves be rescued (quite the conundrum, I know). She wants to make him into a better person and will neglect her own needs because of it. It's crazy how often people do this, they stay with what they know best. We change our behavior when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing*... just a matter of time before she realizes.

*this also applies to Leafs fans... JUST KIDDING! (no need to burn me, just bringing some levity to the situation)

Even if she meets someone while this guy is in jail, chances are he will end up being abusive in some form or another. Continue to be a good friend Humberto, a support group wouldn't hurt either.

:up:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#393 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

How old are you? You could try joining a different organization outside your school. One ice time every 2 or so weeks is ridiculous. You'll never get any development that way. When I
was in high school I played on the club team as well as a travel team outside of school so I would be skating almost twice a day. It was exhausting at times but incredible for your progress. Try doing some research on local
organizations and maybe give them a call. You'll be guaranteed at least two practices per week along with whatever games you play depending
on what level you're at.

I'm 15, but playing House due to my Epilepsy. Its brutal, in 7th grade, we would get 3 ice times a week sometimes. Ever since we lost one of our trainers and got this Frenchy, we've been doing nothing but off ice

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick

#394 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Easy on the 'frenchy' comment buddy....

#395 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Some women can't seem to leave an abusive relationship, a lot of them don't know anything else and it comes down to being "fear based". Most do need some sort of help, may it be professional or just a good buddy/support group.

We've had that happen to a good friend of ours, she would constantly let the prick back into her life. Just because he had a shit load of drugs all the time he thought he was "king shit". A few of us guys finally gave him an ultimatum, leave town or we'll bust ya up but good, he relented and ended up getting what was coming to him till he moved. A lot of people were very happy when he packed up and moved shop.

She went to therapy and then "meetings". Within two years she met the man of her dreams and is living life the way it should be, he treats her with kindness and respect. Both live clean and sober lives too.

I'm not saying what we did was "right" but we loved her too much to see her get beat constantly and live in fear day after day. The cops "would and could" only do so much, court never solved the problem either, therefor we took matters into our own hands.

This story ended up well, but sadly, not all do.

#396 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm 15, but playing House due to my Epilepsy. Its brutal, in 7th grade, we would get 3 ice times a week sometimes. Ever since we lost one of our trainers and got this Frenchy, we've been doing nothing but off ice

There isnt a house league anywhere else that skates more often?

#3k gsdhead.gif

#397 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Now for my own little gripe. The thread about stick painting that just got closed. I understand that his question was serious, but the fact that he was so conceited as to say that he is better at hockey than any of us is extremely immature. Especially on a forum where only a handful of members have actually met in person much less know what level of hockey each has played. Come on, what do you think the board's reaction was going to be?

I guess I'm just curious as to who this kid is and why he is under contract with Team Switzerland (I'm assuming). Probably just another young pup who thinks he's made it big but will soon be finding out how much better everyone else really is. I actually hope you make me eat my words buddy, because I have much more respect for someone who can talk and walk over someone who's mouth writes checks their ass cant cash.

Side note: It seems like there is a significant amount more of these little incidents happening lately. It really puts a damper on my experience around here. Whether it's a 14 year old looking for recognition, people reporting ebay auctions when it's none of their business, or a player who has a contract with a major manufacturer asking how to rebrand the sticks he is getting for free. When does it stop?

#3k gsdhead.gif

#398 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Edited after explanation.

#399 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Easy on the 'frenchy' comment buddy....

Frenchy in a France version. I'm a Frenchy in a Quebecer way hahaha. Been able to speak English for maybe 4-5 years now.

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick

#400 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

There isnt a house league anywhere else that skates more often?

My house league has maybe 3-4 ice times every 2-3 weeks :/ I'm on my medication hard now which is causing me more problems but my epilepsy is improving! Gaining weight, a sort of ADD (meaning I'm not able to consintrate anymore as well).

Again sorry for my poor choice of words. Working on my grammar.

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick