Photo

CCM tacks models. Someone help me out with models please!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have taken a liking to CCM tacks skates again. I used them growing up but since then have gone all stiff ski boot like with vapor and easton. Only thing that kept me close was Graf and they are stiff sometimes on the bottom boot. Anyways I am in the hunt for a pair of tacks. I search high and low on ebay, craigslist, kijiji, google and online forums. Even putting word out at fellow friends online to keep eyes peeled in local pias. The model I want is what Modano, Chelios wore. The all black straight single white ankle piece. I plan on putting tuuk holders on them but that is not a must for buying at all! Just looking for the boot. I take a 9.5 d or e in skates. Easton, bauer, graf each time. While I am looking for this skate what is the names ppl most look for? Are their diff gen names? Like 1st gen and so on? I know their is the verision like this,,,
Posted Image
This is what I think of when I think classic nhlers I grew up watching and this is what I want. A series number in this look.

Then I remember this version say iggy wore.
Posted Image
Both models having the pump editions as well!

Then although maybe a good skate I hate the look of these!
Posted Image

And so forth to these
Posted Image

I think I have the models in right order to year they came out. I am in the hunt for the 1st skate posted in a decent #.
Anyone in here a or use to be a ccm fanatic or have knowledge of the brand? Shed some light on the versions wanted and best. Or what I should look for in the look I want? Thanks to anyone who posts in here shedding some light or facts for me.

#2 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

I loved the 952's, wish I could find a pair in my size :(

Those were the days...

Hope you find what your looking for Beer.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#3 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

The first skate is the 652, the second is the 752/852. After the first year of calling it the 852 CCM junked it down a bit. You can tell the later models by the Tacks "medalion" on the ankle. Third pair was a Pro only model and they were AWESOME. Wish I still had a pair. There was a similar looking model at retail the 1052/1152. I wasn't a big fan. The version of Pro tacks the year prior to the ones in the last pic were also a great skate.

#4 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thanks...found a cople pairs tonight online but you know how it is trying to get ppl to message back on craigslist and kijiji. I found a good pair but the seller said their 8.5 but also said he is a 11 nike sneaker like me and they fit good. haha i never went down 2.5 in sizes for skates. i am a 9.5 and if i go 9 my toes hit in other brands. Am I missing a size info on old tacks?

#5 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I always went down a size and a half in the old tacks, but your mileage may varry.

#6 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

ok thanks again!

#7 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I had a great pair of pro model 852s...let a buddy borrow them while he had his skates in the shop to replace a busted holder and his damn dog chewed the hell out of them.

#8 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Looking all night for some size 9.5 tacks for myself. Got a couple emails sent out waiting to hear back. fingers crossed!
While looking I read up and looked up some good tack pics!

Marios vacutacks.
Posted Image
Nice shot of Chelios's tacks. Always wondered what the black covering was unlike reg pro tacks gretzky had a tag saying 99 and well chelios had leather on his.
Also Chelio's tacks have a larger space hole in the white ankle piece like the version iggy wore without the back strip.
Posted Image
Then seen these beauties stictched to hell for stiffness pref I assume for Shanny. So nice!
Posted Image

#9 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I might have a pair (or 2) of pro tacks buried away. My mind is foggy on what size they may be, I know one pair couldn't have been worn more than 5 times and was thrown in a box since then. I'll do some digging this week and shoot you an email with sizes and pics.

#10 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks!

#11 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

i used 652 customs five years ago, such an awesome skate but too narrow. those pro tacks had my name written all over them until i found graf. such a great skate

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#12 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Humberto keep an eye out for size 9.5-10 for me

#13 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have a pair of 652's kicking around but they're 7.5D. I had Tacks everything growing up so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

#14 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

what size was mike modano?

#15 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Humberto keep an eye out for size 9.5-10 for me

i will, skates are always on craigslist here in phoenix

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#16 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

^ thank you sir!

#17 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I know this isn't a recent pickups thread but I made this for ccm and to get knowledge before buying. I think my waiting and hunting ended pretty darn good!

I put a bid on these last fri nite before bed. Not high at all also. Woke up sunny out logged onto my ebay profile and bam. Won! 

Brand new old stock in box. CCM 652 pump tacks. Size 10d.

Just my size and also pumps all work boot never used. Had a hookup to put icm holders to keep it classic but I think I might go Ls2 add a lil'jump to these old jets. 

Here is a pic off my phone. 

45769_10200662806317972_2011624009_n.jpg

#18 giogolf

giogolf

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

I know this isn't a recent pickups thread but I made this for ccm and to get knowledge before buying. I think my waiting and hunting ended pretty darn good!
I put a bid on these last fri nite before bed. Not high at all also. Woke up sunny out logged onto my ebay profile and bam. Won! 

Brand new old stock in box. CCM 652 pump tacks. Size 10d.
Just my size and also pumps all work boot never used. Had a hookup to put icm holders to keep it classic but I think I might go Ls2 add a lil'jump to these old jets. 
Here is a pic off my phone. 

wow those 652's are sweet I wish I never sold mine...

#19 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Thanks! Should be here next week! Got the Tuuks reads for them.

#20 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I love going for a hunt for things I really want.

That feeling when you suddenly really want something then search high and low, far and wide. Before the final kill there sometimes is so many close calls. Why not a size smaller, half a size too big, wrong color, too damaged, too much and then......

Finally you found it...

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)