#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

http://www.thestar.c..._equalizer.html

#2 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

That was a good read. I started off using woods up until bantam (I was born in '88) and the switch to composite really changed my game. I don't even use slap shots anymore because my snap shots are almost as fast and way more accurate. I still keep a couple 5030's around for old times sake but whenever I bring them out it's like I'm trying to play with a telephone pole. Contrary to what that article said I actually feel like my stick handling got better with composites because I'm able to move my hands faster whereas with one of the 5030's I feel like it takes forever to complete a toe drag.

I do hate the price of composites though and they are creeping into the $300 mark as we speak. I have 2 T1's but only bring them out for pick up. For beer league games with all the hacking and slashing I stick to the $100 or even $50 clearance sticks.

#3 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Solid read. Thanks for posting. 

#4 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for sharing.  Excellent read indeed.

#5 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

I know the want is there, that is why I try and keep it to $100 sticks. I take mainly snappers and I don't break sticks much . That's why I was so pleased with ccm rbz 60. Performance of it is perfect for me.

Sometimes with bills and trying to save money I take a look at my gear and stop for while. Pretty easy to get caught up in buying.

Awesome read! Thanks for posting.

#6 LukeSchenn#22

LukeSchenn#22
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Great read! Thanks for posting! :) :)
**Looking for any Schenn gear**

#7 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Awesome thanks!!