Photo

Pro Stock RBK (Jofa) 7k pro Elbow Pads

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 JO11

JO11

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Is it possible to get a NEW pair of RBK (Jofa) 7k pro elbow pads size 5? I searched the forum and I know these might be older elbows but I was just wondering if they are still available?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.       

#2 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

eBay, expect to pay $200+ on a pair.

#3 JO11

JO11

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

^if you get lucky and have a hefty amount of cash at the ready I think this request could be fulfilled

Thank you Caps.  New to the forum.  Any suggestions on where to look?  I searched ebay and they have a used pair.  I would much rather NEW, just my personal preference but I realize they are almost impossible to find.  

#4 bakerboy

bakerboy

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

I have 4 basically new pairs

#5 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Is there a reason why you're set on the 7K?

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#6 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

My guess is that he tried the 8k/5066 and that damm slash guard is bothering him?  I know you can cut it but why when people can be interested in those.

#7 JO11

JO11

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Is there a reason why you're set on the 7K?

I haven't had a chance to try the 7 or 8k but as Maverick said, the slash guard seems to be more of an issue.  I just like the looks of the 7K elbows and everyone that has them seem to love them.  I have a pair of Bauer Vapor pads now that I'm all set with.  I like that the 7k's are lightweight and someone said that you barely notice you're wearing them.  

#8 cwlaw

cwlaw
  • LocationNaperville, Illinois

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have 4 basically new pairs

Do you have size 4 in either 7K or 8K?

#9 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

I haven't had a chance to try the 7 or 8k but as Maverick said, the slash guard seems to be more of an issue. I just like the looks of the 7K elbows and everyone that has them seem to love them. I have a pair of Bauer Vapor pads now that I'm all set with. I like that the 7k's are lightweight and someone said that you barely notice you're wearing them.

Kind of a big jump for something you haven't tried. I know there are a number of members, including myself, who find Jofa very bulky and they slip down on their elbows. Just something to keep in mind before dropping big money on them.

Have you tried on the retail Easton EQ line? They are a similar design/shape to the Jofa model you are looking for. Maybe see if though fit you, but just remember that the inner part of the elbows are completely different.

#10 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

The new CCM CL's just kicked my 7k's out of the bag. Stay in place, very light and comfortable, don't even know they're there. Check them out.

#11 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

and before you drop $100+ on something like this you should probably know that the pro models are WAY bigger than the retail models. I'd only suggest getting a size 5 if you wear a L or XL in retail pads. if you wear a medium in retail you'll need a size 4 and then you can just about double your cost estimate.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#12 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Don't get something just because they're 'cool', you'd be overpaying by a ton.

I'll probably get backlash for this, but the 7Ks aren't much different from the 4Ks I paid $20 for.

Incredible because if they had the JOFA name on them they would be selling for twice the cost.

#13 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

The new CCM CL's just kicked my 7k's out of the bag. Stay in place, very light and comfortable, don't even know they're there. Check them out.

I have been wanting to try out a pair of these, they look solid and I've heard nothing but good things

#14 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I got my brand new 7k pro elbows from an eBay member called pro_stock_hockey. Expect to pay around $200 plus shipping. I don't see any listed by him now, but if you message him he'll hold a pair for you when he gets his next shipment. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this guy, he just helped me get my elbows and shins.

I'd start with Bakerboy though if you decide to go the 7k route.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#15 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

and before you drop $100+ on something like this you should probably know that the pro models are WAY bigger than the retail models. I'd only suggest getting a size 5 if you wear a L or XL in retail pads. if you wear a medium in retail you'll need a size 4 and then you can just about double your cost estimate.

Right on as usual. I'm in 5s and i'm a L/XL in retails. 

#16 JO11

JO11

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info guys.  I am also a L/XL in retails so after some research, it seems the size 5 would be the best size.  I will check out the Easton EQ line and the CCM CL's too.    

#17 b33f

b33f

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

If you come across any pro Easton Synergy 700s, try them out. You'd be a Large in those. Nice elbow pads.

#18 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

If you're an L/XL in retails and have larger forearms and biceps get size 6

#19 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

BTM in Scottsdale had couple pairs of L E700's. Used for like $40 I think.

#20 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have Size 5 reebok 5k

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me