xstartxtodayx's Content

There have been 83 items by xstartxtodayx (Search limited from 06-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#388874 Altered Gear

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 17 April 2024 - 09:03 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I got a pair of Canucks compression shorts that holds a jock. They don't have velcro on them, for the socks. Does anyone know where I can get the velcro attachments, so I can put them on?

Michaels, Home Depot, Target, etc. just look for sew on velcro, the sticky back stuff will be a nightmare.  I'd go with something wide, maybe 2"? then just cut to size and sew on, most velcro sets come with both sides so cut the felt side to match and stick back on after you use them to keep from getting snagged on stuff.  I stopped using the velcro after I switched from a 9K girdle to a ST one (the 9K had the velcro on the girdle), also most pro socks now don't have the velcro tabs so I changed over to a garter belt which I now prefer.

https://a.co/d/b9KhMmX

#388779 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 31 March 2024 - 07:46 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Oh really? I think the clear gear is kind of cool for roller. They had gloves too

I always thought it was demo stuff not made to stand up to the same abuse.  I could be wrong, it happens lol.  I remember seeing the gloves before, those were interesting.  It all reminds me of the old CCM X-Ray helmets (which I see every now and then in beer league still haha).

#388773 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 31 March 2024 - 04:43 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

https://sidelineswap...ro-15-shin-pads

pretty sure you're not supposed to actually use these, the clear plastic is not as strong from what I remember, plus the tag says "sample, not for use".  

#388746 ITR Hockey ( Glove Work )

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 26 March 2024 - 07:39 AM in Commercial & Power Sellers: Sales, Pick ups & Promotions

Those Vapors look awesome!

#388717 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 20 March 2024 - 06:32 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

rare?  sure, but $500 rare?  Not sure about that one.  

https://sidelineswap...-shinguards-new

#388697 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 17 March 2024 - 02:42 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

You mean you wouldn't get those slip ons?

never been a slip on guy, always sk8 hi or classics.

#388693 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 17 March 2024 - 08:52 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

not on ice gear but checkout the Vans/Ducks collab... wish more teams did this, if I were a Ducks fan I'd be picking up both styles of sk8 hi's

https://anaheimteams...ions/vans-shoes

Legacy-Ed_Box_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709595

#388681 Pro Stock Stick Codes - What do you have

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 14 March 2024 - 08:54 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I saw hockeystickman post about it on IG a couple weeks ago, Eichel had some built like that, possibly Dual Kickpoint they said, maybe a Jetspeed type deal?

#388597 Low profile shoulder pad recs

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 26 February 2024 - 07:23 PM in Hockey Gear

Would love to see pics of these with a jersey over them if you get a chance!

I'll see what I can do.

Are the 3X Pro not just the same construction as the Hyperlite?

My only beef with the Bauer’s is that while they are low profile, the crappy hard foam shoulder caps crack. It would suck to have a nicely broken in shoulder pad that you’re comfortable with and then have the cap crack.

I haven't seen the Hyperlite in person but watching rhew IW video breakdowns it sounds like the same construction but the hyperlite has a little different material here and there (the regular non pro 3X has different shoulder caps and looks much bulkier).  The caps are the same styrofoam feeling caps, I wouldn't want to play full contact with these that's for sure, but for beer league they might be perfect.  If I do like the fit/feel and hang on to them I'll def be more mindful of handling them better to keep the caps in one piece.

#388582 The "thats cool but i dont need it" on Ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 24 February 2024 - 09:58 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

These look interesting, not sure the model but they appear to be older Reebok pro stock 4 rolls (almost look like Easton styling on the backrolls).

https://sidelineswap...k-hockey-gloves

#388580 Low profile shoulder pad recs

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 23 February 2024 - 03:29 PM in Hockey Gear

Ok added another pair I'm going to try out... Bauer Vapor 3X Pro.  I found a good deal on SLS (under $100) so I'll give them a go.  I tried them on a few times at home but have yet to play in them.  Initial impressions are holy crap they're light, like seriously light.  The padding on the sides of the sternum pad are mostly breathable lightweight mesh, pretty much just for show since it's nit going to protect much, same material on back sides but the sternum and spine seem to have nice coverage.  They do sit low and have smaller caps than the older 2X Pros.  My biggest issue with the 2X Pros was the neck hole was a little tight (I like a wider/looser neck opening) and the collarbone over the shoulder padding was a bit excessive.  The 3X Pro has a wider neck opening and a much lower profile collarbone piece, it's also a bendable/moldable foam of some sort, it was very straight/square from being shipped and made the pads sit funny but like a bill to a hat I was able to curve them really easily and they say really nice (also the overall bulk here is like half what the 2X Pros were).  Lastly, the bicep guards have a normal velcro strap again, these seem pretty basic which is nice, not much bulk but just enough padding, also seems pretty breathable and light.  I'll try them out next week but figured I'd chime in here since I have some high hopes.

#388500 13" Team Sweden CCM HG12, 14" Col. Eagles HG97

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 10 February 2024 - 07:43 PM in Gloves - For Sale

HG12's sold.  HG97's price dropped.

#388493 Low profile shoulder pad recs

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 09 February 2024 - 11:49 AM in Hockey Gear

The caps on the Sherwood Legends actually look really nice. Maybe the Legend 2 as that model appears to be lighter and has fewer gimmicky attachments?

Having had the Legend 1 and now looking at the Legend 2 I would go Legend 2 if I had the choice... the important stuff looks to be the same, just minus the weird "Viconic" impact protection which was a bit bulky and stiff (not as nice as D3O or even McDavid Hex stuff, plus it's small and in such a specific spot there's a small chance it would actually help).

#388489 Low profile shoulder pad recs

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 09 February 2024 - 09:43 AM in Hockey Gear

I'm in the same boat.  I've tried several over the years and can never find that perfect pair.  Recently I was using a pair of U+ CL's with older U+ caps (Jake specials), they were great until I hit the glass awkwardly and separated my shoulder, I then realized the cap just wasn't sitting right (it was a small cap on a med. shoulder pad, I do have a medium set I may swap on, they're ever so slightly larger but still low profile).

- CCM U+ CL - an old pair of mine are FS by mdwsta on here (just saw his SLS post), they had a different set of caps installed, an older RBZ set that are lower profile than the CL caps (which I found way too bulky), they're not as low profile as the older U+ one piece caps but better than stock imo.  Personally I find the CL/JS/RBZ chest portion to fit me the best and give the best combo of protection and lightness.

- Bauer 2X Pro - had these for a while, the shoulder area was a little too bulky and I didn't like the neck hole, I like the more open-ness of the CL's.  The 3X Pro series looks to be slightly lower profile but still has the smaller neck hole.  As for the bicep straps, that's an easy fix with some scissors and thread/velcro, if you're not savvy I'm sure a tailor at a dry cleaner can make quick work of it (I'm not a fan of that design either, I tend to leave my bicep straps loose but like the ability to adjust it, those just seemed too snug even for someone like me who has never been accused of skipping leg day).

- Off the board suggestion: SherWood Rekker Legend 1.  I tried these out recently (found a site that had them for less and had a discount code which made them about $120 shipped).  I liked the lower profile caps and how they weren't as thick on the tops of the shoulders (my complaint about most Vapors).  They were light and mobile (I ditched the extended bicep guards and the stomach pad) BUT I felt like the chest/body of them was too much, like they were too long or something even though side by side with other pads they were similar.  Something about how they wrapped caused them to ride up more than I liked and pushed the top of the back higher than I prefer so back they went (my helmet would hit it if I looked up).  Could be just the way my body is but aside from that I was actually really impressed with how the pads were constructed.

I actually just picked up a set of 5030's on SLS for under $20 brand new to play around with, I'm terrified of actually wearing them without any sternum or spine protection (these are the older ones before they added the little spine protector), but maybe I'll attach something from one of the many old sets I have in the parts bin lol.

#388439 Pro Stock Stick Codes - What do you have

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 02 February 2024 - 01:25 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I have a JetSpeed 4 Pro, code is 113 HSMTR3SP - any input?  

TR3 would be Trigger 3 from what I remember, then if they had more info after that with like players name it might have (JS4) or something similar as the graphics code, usually they put that in parenthesis.

#388411 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 28 January 2024 - 12:20 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Another entry for the "just throw this crap away" category:

https://sidelineswap...me-2s-shin-pads

#388291 13" Team Sweden CCM HG12, 14" Col. Eagles HG97

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 09 January 2024 - 10:07 AM in Gloves - For Sale

Bump - price drops

#388290 SOLD Bauer Nexus 1N 13" pro stock Friars black/white/grey

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 09 January 2024 - 10:04 AM in Gloves - For Sale

Bump - clutch took a dump so need some extra cash.  Price dropped and listed on ebay.

#388289 JOFA - A GUIDE TO ELBOW PADS

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 09 January 2024 - 09:54 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

What was the 9k based off of?

This might help?  Things seem to get a bit more confusing after RBK took over:

https://modsquadhock...&comment=455550

#388225 ITR Hockey ( Glove Work )

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 30 December 2023 - 05:16 PM in Commercial & Power Sellers: Sales, Pick ups & Promotions

Damn Jake, those are sick!  I love the Kovy overlays, I had that done on mine and will do it on the next pair I get done as well.

#388215 The "thats cool but i dont need it" on Ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 29 December 2023 - 08:45 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Ive never seen these before? sideline-swap.sjv.io/AWQOGa

They pop up every now and then.  I had a pair I got from an eBay seller overseas and sold them to someone on here a while back... they're awesome pads but run similar to CCM/Jofa sizing so a medium fits more like a large which is why they didn't work for me (learned that the hard way).  They're similar to Supreme Ultrasonics in the 3pc design but with an extended forearm/wrist protector and different materials, really well built if they fit you.

#388118 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 12 December 2023 - 03:47 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Late to the discussion here, but frankly, I never liked the CCM logo they rolled out in 2007. I used to be one of those weirdos who frequented free font websites and noticed that the new logo bore a strong resemblance to a tawdry-looking font called Demonized. Removing the pointed serifs makes it look even cheaper.

If I were in charge of the company, I'd find their current graphics designer, slap his hands away from the editing desk, give him a coloring book, and then find someone who could take the '70s-2007 logo and modernize it.

Donezo. Where is my obscenely large sack of money?

That boxed out logo will always be my favorite.  Luckily the still have some merch with it, I picked up 2 hoodies on clearance in the spring from their site with that logo on the chest, think I paid $20/ea, couldn't pass that up.

#388054 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 05 December 2023 - 05:23 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Maybe he's a photographer too... those sickos do buy/sell boxes from stuff all the time, it's crazy.  Every time I listed bodies or lenses FS on photo forums people would offer to just buy the boxes.

#387942 The "that's @#!$& ridiculous" on ebay thread

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 22 November 2023 - 10:28 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Lololol eww I would definitely not spend even 5 cents on that.

https://www.ebay.com...emis&media=COPY

But, if you're looking for some sweet Messier gloves, look no further

Why buy a PAIR when you can get just ONE?

https://www.ebay.com...emis&media=COPY

#387865 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by xstartxtodayx on 13 November 2023 - 03:31 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Rangers breaking in alternate gloves

401549147_734508292052611_35619811020873