Dasbeardo's Content

There have been 13 items by Dasbeardo (Search limited from 11-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#357874 Love gear more than a team you hate?

Posted by Dasbeardo on 30 January 2019 - 08:24 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Yeah, I like Oilers retro colours, Habs, and Leafs, but I can’t bring myself to wear any of it. I really don’t have an acceptable way to wear blue. I like Minnesota colours both past and present and don’t have strong feelings for the teams so I’d be open to wearing it.

#357872 Flames Retro Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 30 January 2019 - 07:55 PM in Gear wanted

They’re on my list but the shipping can be a little rich with them.

#357857 Flames Retro Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 30 January 2019 - 04:48 PM in Gear wanted

Perfect world; someone has some MIC Warrior Franchise in a size 14. I have my eye on other options but those would be ideal.

Let me know what you have!

#357829 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 29 January 2019 - 11:14 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I’m trying to decide on a Flames retro glove to pick up and they are all CCM (or Reebok). Any strong feelings here? I’m normally a 4 roll guy but I’m not sure about that RBK combo. I bought those CCM Detroit Winter Classics and while I find them a touch tight and the lining a little annoying I have no major complaints. These are all size 14.

Help an indecisive guy spend cash on stuff he doesn’t need!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1685E3D4-487A-4CC4-B462-B25B8805DAFB.jpeg

#357803 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 29 January 2019 - 12:59 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Saw them on Instagram, much improved!

#357687 New skates CCM Super Tacks SR size 8.5EE and 8.5D

Posted by Dasbeardo on 27 January 2019 - 02:17 PM in Skates - For Sale

Edit

#357323 Hello from Calgary

Posted by Dasbeardo on 18 January 2019 - 03:35 PM in New Members

Just got back into skating and hockey as of last year after basically a 15 year hiatus. My how the gear has changed! Great forum with amazing info, I wish I had found this place before I bought my first pair of new skates. Especially since now in adulthood I have to pay for it all myself.

Look forward to getting myself into a position I can contribute to the discourse rather than just asking questions.

#357302 What Insoles do you use?

Posted by Dasbeardo on 18 January 2019 - 02:19 AM in Hockey Gear

I use the stock insoles in my Ribcors and was using the stock in my Bauer Supremes. Both times I tried Superfeet and it felt like my arches were being murdered. I guess I like the flat nonexistent insoles that come standard.

#357301 CCM Pro stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 18 January 2019 - 02:06 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Grabbed these off of sideline swap, needed some winter classics to go with the jersey. Obviously couldn’t wear red and white gloves with a red and cream jersey!

This is my first pair of Pro Stock gloves and my first pair of CCM, feel great but the previous owner had the palms tightened by Pat, they feel a bit snug but I’ll live.

Anyone know if that 5 roll 15” inch glove like this fits that big? I’d like to grab a pair off eBay in the classic wings colours but I’m worried the fingers will be crazy long. Realistically I could use a litttle more room width wise but I have short fingers.

Attached Thumbnails

• 34D72C03-7737-441F-8102-ABFF26C6F66F.jpeg

#357057 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 11 January 2019 - 12:04 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Thank God. If they lasted to the morning, they would've ended up in the man cave and my wife would've been mad once again.

I hope the new owner hates them. I won’t sleep on them twice and they look close enough to my other gloves the wife will never notice.

#357055 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 10 January 2019 - 11:47 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Ha. That was quick, guess I should have just pulled the trigger when I saw them posted.

Sig looked like his based on the interwebs but I just wanted some 14” MIC red wings gloves! Oh well, thanks for replying.

#357053 Need advice choosing skates

Posted by Dasbeardo on 10 January 2019 - 11:02 PM in Hockey Gear

I’m a bit shorter than you, same weight, normal arch, narrow heel and wide forefoot. I would describe myself as a strong skater. Last pair of skates I had were from 20 years ago and didn’t fit anymore. I wanted something that had a little more flex in the ankle and went for a Ribcor 68K in and EE width. This was actually the second pair I bought as the Supremes I initially bought didn’t fit right.

They were a good price and I’m really happy with them. I had barely skated for almost 15 years and the gear changed so much. I did change the steel on them to some Massive Blades and had them profiled with a little more forward rocker. I wasn’t sure the 70K was worth the extra $$$ but I only looked at them briefly.

#357051 Warrior Pro Stock Gloves

Posted by Dasbeardo on 10 January 2019 - 10:03 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

https://sidelineswap...c-hockey-gloves

These legit MIC? I honestly don’t really care about the signature as I intend to use them. I bought some “Team Stock” Alpha QX Wings gloves on PSH before I came across the forum and didn’t realize they weren’t the real deal. I actually like the fit and they feel better than anything I’ve had before but I’d like to get a truly premium pair.

Thanks