Letterkenny's Content

There have been 5 items by Letterkenny (Search limited from 17-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#360914 Looking for some helmet recommendations

Posted by Letterkenny on 04 May 2019 - 01:14 PM in Hockey Gear

CCM FL500. They are quite durable. Some think they are bulky but they are quite solid beasts.

#360913 Do You Mix and Match Equipment?

Posted by Letterkenny on 04 May 2019 - 01:11 PM in Hockey Gear

I like it all! Its very interesting seeing some people with borderline OCD stick to one brand and others mix and match. Thanks all! Also I like the loadout format @gosinger provided. Keep sending them in!

#360878 Do You Mix and Match Equipment?

Posted by Letterkenny on 03 May 2019 - 06:04 PM in Hockey Gear

I forgot how to do polls here but do you mix and match brands or are you a purist to wear only one brand from skates to helmet?

#360787 Help With Protective Hockey Gear!

Posted by Letterkenny on 30 April 2019 - 12:50 AM in Hockey Gear

Continuing on with my last post. I am looking at joining a beginner friendly hockey camp (Hockey is a brand new sport to me completely.) They want new players to have attend and practice in full game gear. Anyway, except a helmet and hockey gloves, could anyone help me find what else to get? I'm looking to spend around $550 CDN for everything from Shoulder Pads to Socks.
I am
6'0 ft
225 lbs (Athletic Build)
Chest 44"-46"

Thanks again!

#360786 Nexus N2700 (Upgraded) vs N2900

Posted by Letterkenny on 30 April 2019 - 12:44 AM in Hockey Gear

Hey all, brand new to the forum here and actually brand new to playing Hockey in general. Im shopping around for some new skates. I originally had some cheap CCM Tacks but had a lot of instep and arch pain. Im 6'0 225lbs (athletic build). And I am looking at the Nexus line of skates.
Anyway, would it be better to buy the N2700 w/ STEP Runners and Superfeet or Bauer Speedplate insoles or to just try and save get the N2900 stock (maybe upgrade the insoles).

Im still not the greatest skater but I am practicing a lot and wanting a skate I can kinda grow into and even play games in.
Thanls all for your help!