gator's Content

There have been 62 items by gator (Search limited from 15-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#77431 Bauer Pro Stock pants

Posted by gator on 03 January 2013 - 04:44 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Latest Pick up. My first pair of Pro Stock Pant's.

Posted Image

Have you guy's modified your Pants in anyway to make them less bulky? They need it, way too much padding...even for pro-level.

How is the tailbone padding on these? Looking to pick up a pair but was unsure about that as well as sizing, can anyone comment on whether they run smaller/larger/same as retail Bauer? Thanks.

#77465 Bauer Pro Stock pants

Posted by gator on 03 January 2013 - 08:11 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I actually started a whole thread for this (http://www.sports2k....__+bauer +pants). I have the same pants as pictured above...tailbone padding wise, I think it's pretty good. It's more padded than my prior pants (CCM Supra retail from the late 90s which is basically the same upper as your typical CCM pro pant (thinking 520's)). The tailbone pad is two pieces and extends down further than my CCM pants. I haven't fallen hard on my arse since I got them, so I don't have real world feedback on that one yet :-)

Size wise, I've never had Bauer retail pants, but I'm 5'11" 190, have mediums and they fit me well. I'd say I'm at the higher range of someone in mediums. Large probably would have worked, too. If you are taller than 6'0" or over 200 lbs I'd recommend large or something larger. If you look in the thread I linked, I actually made a list of NHL'ers with their height/weight and pant size based on the pants I've seen on the market.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, this definitely helps!

#77951 Best Shin Pads?

Posted by gator on 06 January 2013 - 06:11 PM in Hockey Gear

lets just say if they fit deeper you'd have to put them on at the top like a sock, these things wrap around your entire leg, its insane, and i LOVE IT

i have huge calves and with the bauer theydidnt fit all around, jofa was kinda the same, but these grab the legs all around

would warrior be the deepest/highest volume shin guard available?

#78114 Best Shin Pads?

Posted by gator on 07 January 2013 - 01:48 PM in Hockey Gear

Bauer Pro Series was the deepest I've tried.

thanks. i've got huge calves and it's always a challenge getting the right shins. i'll check out those bauer pro series.

#78276 Bauer Pro pant fitment

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 01:34 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I've been looking at Bauer pro stock pants recently and noticed that there are three different styles, the plain one (sorry don't know the proper name for them), the one95, and the x60s. I'm assuming the pro stock one95 is regular like retail supremes and x60 tapered like retail vapors. Do all three fit the same in terms of waist and length, and do they all feature the same level of protection and materials?

Apologies if this has been asked before, did a search but wasn't able to dig anything up. I just discovered pro stock gear and this forum very recently and am itching to get a pair of bauers, i'm just not sure what is what yet. Hoping all the experts on s2k can help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

#78280 new to pro stock and new to the forum

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 01:50 AM in New Members

I've already posted some questions, and just wanted to say hello. I discovered pro stock gear very recently while searching for ironically, info on retail gear. Never knew there was this pro stock universe!

Anyways, registered a few days ago and thanks to all of the great info and pics i've already bought my first piece of pro stock gear. Thanks for setting up this forum, looking forward to seeing and learning more.

#78287 Best Shin Pads?

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 02:08 AM in Hockey Gear

my franchises are pretty deep, i have big calves and these wrap around them like nothing, i'm a little surprised because most other shins didnt and it was a struggle due to my dislike of shin tape

those bauer pro series are pretty good too

Thanks for the info. Looks like warrior is transitioning to a new line for 2013, I'm hoping they are still a deep fit. Wasn't able to find the Bauer pro series, but I'm guessing the nexus line fits the same. I hear ya on the shin tape. I don't like it either, feels constricting.

#78407 new to pro stock and new to the forum

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM in New Members

lol thanks. i have noticed that i spend alot more time than i ever did looking at gear now.

#78408 Best Shin Pads?

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM in Hockey Gear

hah true, i will have to look into that, thanks.

#78410 Bauer Pro pant fitment

Posted by gator on 08 January 2013 - 04:09 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I cant speak for X60s or one95s but the other model of Bauers are just Supremes. That particular model has been around the longest and when compared to Reebok 520s or Eastons, they are on the bulkier side in my opinion. They are super comfortable and extremely protective but may take a little longer to break in if new. I've also noticed they are a tad heavier than other brands. I would assume, and only assume, that X60s and one95s would be lighter.

thanks, i appreciate the info. i think the supremes may be what i will end up buying, the bulkier and more protection sound good to me.

#79061 Best Shin Pads?

Posted by gator on 10 January 2013 - 09:27 PM in Hockey Gear

I'm still in shins I had since midget . I'm taller so my legs even though have hockey muscle legs are slender than most. Anyone tell me if RBk really are a beefed up shin pad but do they feel bulky? I would like a nice thick leg look for style! Bit has to be comfort and not shift around.

I have Reebok 11K's, they are very bulky, but very protective and the gel like stuff in the liner is very comfortable. I don't know how those would be like on thin legs since mine are anything but that. I can say that for me they feel like they are sitting on top and will shift around sometimes. You might want to try them on and see how you like them.

#79994 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 14 January 2013 - 08:05 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

my first pro-stock purchase arrived today, nothing special compared to what i see you guys post here, just sabres 3rd color reebok pants. havent taken my own pics, but here's the one from ebay. i should have another purchase to post in a week or so :naughty:

Posted Image

#80010 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 14 January 2013 - 08:49 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Nice pants dude! Got them from, Baker too. He's a good guy on here.

thanks. yeah i didn't realize that he was on this forum until after i got them. couldn't resist and bought another pair from him today as well :D

#81893 Redwing Bauer lowers with reebok uppers size large

Posted by gator on 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM in Pants - For Sale

if they're still available i'll take the lowers.

#82424 SOLD! Sabres 3rd Color Reebok Pants (MHP7000)

Posted by gator on 24 January 2013 - 01:45 AM in Pants - For Sale

Got these two weeks ago from bakerboy and have worn them for two pickup games. The padding is great and so is the color, but these Reeboks just do not fit me well.

Model: Reebok mhp7000.sp
Size: large
Condition: used, slight pilling on the black inner lining around hip area, lowers look virtually new, no lace. Overall, the pants are in excellent condition.

SOLD!

Thanks.

Posted Image

#82426 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 24 January 2013 - 01:54 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

These finally came in. I'm more than happy with them. EBay listing said they were worn with a few small holes and tears, well they are not. They are like new with 1 puck mark on the stripes. Not even broken in yet.

Posted Image

those are beautiful!

#82631 SOLD! Sabres 3rd Color Reebok Pants (MHP7000)

Posted by gator on 24 January 2013 - 08:39 PM in Pants - For Sale

Great price ...one point they were going for $200 +

Thanks. I really like the color but just can't get them to fit right.

#82878 FATPHILLY

Posted by gator on 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM in Feedback

Got the Redwings lowers and am very satisfied. Super fast shipping and awesome communication. Thanks Matt!

#83673 liveevil

Posted by gator on 29 January 2013 - 01:26 AM in Feedback

Great communication and paid quick, would definitely do business with Brian again.

#84088 WOOELEVEN

Posted by gator on 30 January 2013 - 04:40 PM in Feedback

Got some pants from Jon today. Quick shipping, great communication and a great guy to work with. Hope to do business again soon. Thanks Jon!

#88231 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 13 February 2013 - 04:58 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Last pair of (first generation) TBL pants, and current TBL glove collection:

firstgentblpants0001_zps0571e5e2.jpg

currenttblgloves0001_zps073e7d1e.jpg

2ndgentblgloves0001_zps85d450a8.jpg

And finally... my current Wings gloves:

currentwingsgloves0001_zps980e578d.jpg

that is epic

#88239 Bauer Pro pant fitment

Posted by gator on 13 February 2013 - 05:12 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

thanks guys for the info.

an update...i recently bought one95's and a pair of supremes - both nice pants. was surprised to see that the one95's were 1pc though.

some thoughts on fit... i think the one95's fit similar to the supremes in waist size and length, i did not notice a significant difference. both pro-stock models i got seem to run larger than retail sizing - they are bigger in the waist than my retail t1 pants and more roomy in the thighs. 

non-sizing related but...the one95's feel more mobile over the supremes. and the padding in both are excellent, but i'd say the supremes overall seem more protective, mainly because of the extra thick plastics.

#88242 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 13 February 2013 - 05:19 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

picked up these one95's recently from s2k members.

not pictured but also got a pair of bauer redwings lowers + plain black bauer supremes.

thanks bakerboy, wooeleven & FATPHILLY :headbang:

#88433 Recent Pick-ups

Posted by gator on 14 February 2013 - 01:17 AM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Those Otrawa 3rds are great gator

Love the Ottawa thirds ... Wish I could find some reebok 7000 or Bauer supremes ..

thanks!

hoping to get some gloves to match eventually

#88434 Bauer one95 Pant

Posted by gator on 14 February 2013 - 01:28 AM in Hockey Gear

i have two pairs on one95's, one came laced up all the way and one didn't. it is noticeably tighter with the top two laced for sure. i don't know if there's a real benefit from using them, except getting it tighter around that area which is probably more of a personal preference. btw sweet pickup.