Photo

ModSquad Hockey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#1 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Is it just me or is MSH gone overboard monitoring and criticizing every little thing? I had not been on the board for about year and a half and when I went over there they monitor everything to death. Just curious if others notice that? Maybe its just the stuff I was looking at or maybe the size of the board almost dictates that type of monitoring. A few years ago I met one of the guys who runs the board who is called JR. He was really cool and helped me out with some difficult to find gloves, so I'm not sure what's going on but I don't go over there much anymore. Just one persons opinion, not trying to start WWIII here.

#2 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

i agree 100%

#3 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I think they over-moderate there and get over-involved. There's a line between being a moderator and a participant, and I think they cross back and forth over it at will, which I think contributes to the feeling that all opinions are welcome, unless they just don't agree with it. And since they're the moderators, they win. I think there's also a bit of "we know something that you don't" attitude coming from some of them over there because they like everyone to know that they're hockey insiders. Not all of them. And there's plenty of people here that post here and over there. But I've found that in that forum, it is often better to just stay on the sidelines.

It is too bad. I think if you want to be a moderator, you need to be objective, check your ego at the door and not play favorites. I'm not sure that all of them do that over there.

#4 Brian

Brian

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Don't worry, you are not alone.

I was having a conversation with somebody here about this exact topic last weekend. Agree with Gr8erade 100%.

#5 General

General

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

I used to just read on that forum and not post, but I don't even do that anymore.

#6 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

If some of you guys only knew some of the things those guys have to deal with on a daily basis running a site that they are not getting paid for perhaps you would not be so quick to judge. The site is massive, the member count just over 12,000 at the time of this posting. With that they need to have rules, and there are some people that simply do not have the common courtesy to obey them. Just a thought.

#7 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Lets just say, THANK YOU DUPES!!!!!!! :headbang:

#8 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

If some of you guys only knew some of the things those guys have to deal with on a daily basis running a site that they are not getting paid for perhaps you would not be so quick to judge. The site is massive, the member count just over 12,000 at the time of this posting. With that they need to have rules, and there are some people that simply do not have the common courtesy to obey them. Just a thought.

You're right :)
When a site becomes very big and crowded, it is normal to be strict on certain things.
I own a 70 000+ members web site in another domain and I also receive sometime negative feedback due to strict rules, it's very hard to please everyone unfortunately.

Sports2k is not here to compete with MSH, it's here mainly for pro stock gear whores who like to share their experiences and post pics of different products :y
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#9 Its Mike

Its Mike
  • Location732 Jersey

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

This is the truth, and it's been a total labor of love since day one, but the level of snarkiness is really out of control over the last year or so.

#10 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

This is the truth, and it's been a total labor of love since day one, but the level of snarkiness is really out of control over the last year or so.

I guess I just see it as the frustration finally coming to a peak after beating their heads off a wall dealing with the same messes over and over again. I know it drives me nuts dealing with the same reoccurring problems, and even worse, the same people again and again.

PS. I've been reprimanded privately a time or two by the moderators before anyone decides to go down that route.

#11 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

I guess I just see it as the frustration finally coming to a peak after beating their heads off a wall dealing with the same messes over and over again. I know it drives me nuts dealing with the same reoccurring problems, and even worse, the same people again and again.

PS. I've been reprimanded privately a time or two by the moderators before anyone decides to go down that route.

Here is how I kind of see it. I have worked in the sporting goods industry(not hockey) for a long time, as a buyer, store manager and sales rep. If someone came into my store(MSH in this case) and the owners(JR, CHADD) treated the customer(ME or US) like children when we may ask a question that seems naive and trivial, they would not be in business long. The responses to some questions asked have been down right condescending and making the person looking for info seem like he is stupid for even asking. Like retail or any other business, I don't care what you have been "putting up with" because it is not from me. So, don't treat me like I'm the one causing your grief and aggravation. I pay my $10 to belong(sell)and I contibute when I feel I can, therefore, I'm their customer and we need to help foster an accepting hockey environment to educate not push people away. I have come to the point where if I think I have a question that might get a smartass response, I go somewhere else and I have also really cut down on my MSH visits. In the end, it is their ball and they can do as they wish. I just wonder wether this is how they would treat someone coming into their shop. :usa:

#12 Brian

Brian

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Sports2k #1 !!!

#13 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

I agree about the kudos to Dupes!!

#14 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Seems to me like there's a lot of people over here who once were over there. And there doesn't seem to be the "problems" over here that there are over there.

Logic could lead one to infer that it might be the moderators, the way they moderate, and their involvement in the discussions that might actually be the cause of a lot of problems over there.

I'm happy there's a good alternative without the heavy handed moderation. So thanks Dupes.

#15 Shark#81

Shark#81
  • LocationSproat Lake

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

I got very discouraged at MSH I was being hovered over by the owner/moderator. The majority of my posts were being deleted within minutes of putting them up. After punching out something for say 15-20minutes and it's gone for good without explanation,it's very annoying. I just want to talk hockey and stuff. The discussion is good the users are fine. After the umpteenth deleted post i messaged the admin and was IP Blocked, banned tarred and feathered. Kinda bugged me for a few days, glad Sports2K is here is all I can say thank u, let's keep the fire going here.
Latest hockey video:
http://youtu.be/Ncx5fned0ag?hd=1

#16 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

I got banned for talking to someone about pro hockey stuff. The guy was being a smartass about it and tried to make me look stupid and im the one who gets banned figure that one out. This place looks pretty cool everybody shares the same passions for hockey gear and some are curious other knowledgable so its a good comunity

#17 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

I think they've gone overboard a bit with the censorship but a board of that size must be very difficult to monitor each section of it.
that said, I appreciate Dupes for setting up this forum for us to specifically discuss pro gear. :)

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#18 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Sports2k is not here to compete with MSH, it's here mainly for pro stock gear whores who like to share their experiences and post pics of different products :y

So No Sports2k Hockey Fest being planned?

#19 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

haha
Not for now, but I do have a few ideas for sure. :)
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#20 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

Sports2k meet up every year!!