Photo

ModSquad Hockey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#21 wooeleven

wooeleven

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I am in... Tell me the time and place and I will be there...

#22 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

haha
Not for now, but I do have a few ideas for sure. :)

Can we do it in Oklahoma? ;) Really close for me. I already have to go to Calgary twice a year for Hockey... Ok it's for Christmas and Stampede says my wife, but i humor her so i can play hockey!

#23 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Here it's more relaxed, friendly... On MSH I'm almost afraid to post something and I barely post stuff. Like many guys said, I feel like they treat people like children that don't know anything and they're like parents, they know everything and they're always right.

#24 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

It's a great source of information, but it can be full of some arrogance by some members.

Again, thanks to everyone here for their relaxed and chill attitude.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#25 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

Beyond all of what has already been mentioned, the classifieds section really took a nose dive after they established a fee, MSH use to have tons of great stuff popping up and now it's pretty much dead.

Additionally, whenever you post something in the show it off thread, you get absolute douche bags like JR commenting, "not even close to the collections of my friends." Since when did I care about your friends crap pal, I thought this thread was just for showing other gear collectors what's out there in the market and maybe give each other ideas for future custom stuff. I can't stand their attitude and rarely visit the site, it was useful when I was getting back into hockey, but it's fairly useless at this point.

I remember when Dupes told me he was going to make a site, I couldn't made it any better myself :agree: Thanks buddy!

#26 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

edited

#27 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Beyond all of what has already been mentioned, the classifieds section really took a nose dive after they established a fee, MSH use to have tons of great stuff popping up and now it's pretty much dead.

Most truthful statement in this thread so far. Between here and IW forums you will usually be able to find 99.9% of what is posted in MSH's sell forum. That being said, I will continue to donate my $10 to support that site. However, that fee was mostly instituted to deter theft, which is rampant on IW forums and looks like it has, fortunately, not made it's way here yet.

#28 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

To be completely honest, I would buy from someone without any feedback anyways, not matter how great the deal is. I'd rather pass on a piece of gear than get taken, that's why I mainly deal with people I have a history with or have sold to many times.

#29 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

To be completely honest, I wouldn't buy from someone without any feedback anyways, no matter how great the deal is. I'd rather pass on a piece of gear than get taken, that's why I mainly deal with people I have a history with or have sold to many times.

#30 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

JR, Chadd etc do not monitor the site, they dictate it. If you're opinions don't mirror theirs completely they are invalid. Just my two cents.

#31 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

JR, Chadd etc do not monitor the site, they dictate it. If you're opinions don't mirror theirs completely they are invalid. Just my two cents.

This is true.

#32 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

edited

#33 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

****This reply was edited by JR....yes I am right you are wrong*****

(joke)

HAHAHA that's hilarious

#34 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

****This reply was edited by JR....yes I am right you are wrong*****

(joke)

*snicker*

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#35 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I got in trouble for posting an email address to a Customer Service lady at HockeyMonkey who was helping my Dailyhockeydeal blog by selling Eagle PPF's to the blog's readers for 99 bucks. I was then getting a lot of PMs , my inbox was filling up, so I gave out my email address . I was making no money from it and was just trying to pass a long a great deal. I got banned for quite a while for that over at MSH. I could view things just couldnt post or even PM people. It was ridiculous. Oh well, I dont go over there much anymore so it makes no difference to me.

I think i may have even gotten a stern PM from one of the rulers when some people mentioned my blog. Oh well.

#36 SakeBomb!!

SakeBomb!!
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

LOL Don't forget that even if you show an entire living room of sticks, gloves, helmets, and skates.....Drewhunz has STORAGE UNITS full of equipment "that makes LHS look like shit"

Of course he does...Have you seen the size of him?!! :eek: I kid, I kid...Cheap shot I know.

#37 SakeBomb!!

SakeBomb!!
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

My gripe with MSH is a small one. 4 years ago Fletch had put together a MSH skate in Los Angeles out at the Lakewood Ice arena. 15 MSH members and a few stragglers signed up for the skate, but JR had a problem with us calling it a "Modsquad" skate since the MSH west coast administrator was not going to be present. IMO I felt JR was being an absolute prick, but hey it was a fun skate nonetheless.

#38 totalone

totalone

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ok I just saw a posting by FATPHILLY on modsquad with all of his cool gear (it was one show it off) at the bottom is says Edited by JR Boucicaut, Today, 11:31 PM.
Don't solicit

it was 1/22/12 what a joke why would you even do that to someone when they post sweet pics like that.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#39 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Ok I just saw a posting by FATPHILLY on modsquad with all of his cool gear (it was one show it off) at the bottom is says Edited by JR Boucicaut, Today, 11:31 PM.
Don't solicit

it was 1/22/12 what a joke why would you even do that to someone when they post sweet pics like that.

Was he offering to sell some of the gear outside the gear exchange? Rules are pretty clear about that.

#40 totalone

totalone

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

no I think he was telling where he picked it up.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky