Photo

ModSquad Hockey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#41 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Was he offering to sell some of the gear outside the gear exchange? Rules are pretty clear about that.

I was just browsing through the "my collection" thread over there. Some dude had an awesome collection of Eagle gloves. I messaged him and said "dude you have an awesome set of Eagles , if you have any interest in selling this pair or this pair I would be interested in buying them or trading for them. "

His response was " those will never be for sale. Yo do know it is illegal to ask people if their stuff is for sale outside of the buy/sell section. I am a mod here yada yada"

I mean c'mon , lets be real here. It's an internet message board that brings hockey players together. I have probably acquired half of my gloves just starting a conversation with an owner and asking if they will ever let those go.Not only have I acquired gloves that way I have also acquired some pretty damn good friends starting convos like that. Its stupid. I won't be re-buying my B/S/T membership over there. No need to support those jerks over there. I would much rather donate the 10 bucks to this forum.

#42 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

The $10 I spent there has given me 0 sales and 0 purchases. They made it sound like there were secret society sales but big bust
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#43 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Wow MSH sounds brutal lol...I'm really enjoying this site and Dupes you should have a get together here in Ottawa. All star weekend was a blast, right! ;-) and I can promise some ex-nhlers to attend for sure!!!
Liddy:-)

#44 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

i got banned off modsquad in like 2 days :headbang:

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#45 b33f

b33f

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

The $10 I spent there has given me 0 sales and 0 purchases. They made it sound like there were secret society sales but big bust

QFT

#46 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

i got banned off modsquad in like 2 days :headbang:

for what i have a account and haven't really posted much? from what i gather its a bunch of know it alls and beginners. Then the know it alls just rip any beginner that asks a question

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get banned over there? im bored at work and feel like trolling

#47 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

for what i have a account and haven't really posted much? from what i gather its a bunch of know it alls and beginners. Then the know it alls just rip any beginner that asks a question

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get banned over there? im bored at work and feel like trolling

Good start is just to disagree with one of the mods ;)

#48 modny123

modny123

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

i trolled the fuck outta that site even with my first post. hahaha guys got mad instantly, and people were the biggest cry babies ive ever met on any other internet forum.i couldn't believe it, like i was basically banned for asking a question that was already asked last year, and i got a huge speech on how to use the search function.

very lame.

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#49 modny123

modny123

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Good start is just to disagree with one of the mods ;)

ha ha very true! :evil:

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

#50 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

lol alright tomorrow at work ill unleash the trolling, maybe even post some screen caps :headbang:

#51 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Idk how good it would look for Sports2k to do that and post back on here.

#52 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Idk how good it would look for Sports2k to do that and post back on here.

Agreed.

#53 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Currently in somewhat an argument with Chadd....here's what the deal was.

Someone commented on my Bauer 4-Rolls for having them listed as Pro Stock, and had wanted to report them on eBay as fraudulent.

(For reference they are my in the gloves classifieds if you haven't seen them already).

Chadd said I'm a fraud for posting them as Pro Stock, and his cronies as usual all agreed and became 1 vs 10.

If you look at TSR's eBay auctions, all his gloves are listed as Pro Stock, as they aren't any different from a Pro Stock glove and are not available in the retail market.

I had mentioned that TSR had an identical listing on these gloves as Pro Stock Bauer 4 Roll Blackhawks about a year or so ago.

I asked him if TSR lists their gloves as Pro Stock, if they are considered Fraud as well. He never answered and dodged the question, so have the others.

To quit their bitching I changed the listing and removed the words Pro Stock from the listing, although TSR continues to list their items as such.

One of them mentioned: "He very well knew they weren't pro stock".....then why is TSR selling us supposedly fraudulent merchandise? (based on his assumption).

These aren't any different from his other listings, I felt I had done nothing wrong.

Orignally the guy who called me out was upset that I was listing the gloves me sold me (via TSR) at a higher price than I had won them in the first place....it's not my fault he poorly described his gloves and sold for less than what they are really worth.

I am not the one listing gloves and pants for $350-400 and claiming they were mistakenly sent to me in lieu of an other order.

I'm close to dismiss modsquad.

This is why I may be a bit thrash with people today and I apologise, but I don't appreciate being called a fraud after all of us here were watching our backs from the likes of Dharris and Tshirt for example.

Based on their view points, Rick Harrison and the guys from American Pickers are f'n criminals. I do a lot of picking myself and have gone to flea markets finding things for cheap and turned around for a decent profit, nothing hockey though.

#54 Purelife

Purelife
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

I use the board under a different name but don't really post at all..
When ever i have i got some snark response, its like the old boys club there sometimes.

I do find it great to search for info but posting and getting something new out of it i don't bother.

#55 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

HockeySavants, the issue is that you seem to spend a lot of time trolling ebay looking for "idiots" and are a constant contributor to that e-bay idiots thread, then you got caught listing a pair of TSR SMU gloves for $160 while claiming they're "Pro Stock" when you know damned well that they're not. They're $125 gloves when they're new and they're not pro stock and you know it. Your defense seems to be "well TSR lists them that way." You know what? They don't anymore. But you did. And when you claim something is what they're not, (1) that's wrong; (2) it makes it look like you're trying to take advantage of someone who thinks they're buying pro stock; and (3) it is EXACTLY the kind of thing that you call people out all the time for in that thread.

There's the issue that you just can't seem to wrap your mind around.

I have issues with ModSquadHockey as well, but not in this case. The additional issue is that you act like a know-it-all over there (and even dubbed yourself "savant") and you just got caught doing the very thing that you claim to have problems with. CONSTANTLY. Now you're harping about it over here like you're a victim. YOU LISTED THE GLOVES THAT WAY. IT IS YOUR FAULT. You just didn't know you'd get called out. I'm sure you don't like getting called out for it. But in this case, your self-professed expertise has undoubtedly rubbed people the wrong way (and not just the moderators over there) and you just got caught listing SMU gloves as pro stock. Now you get to live with it. Whether you learn from this is up to you. Here's a saying you should remember, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

You throw a lot of stones.

#56 Brian

Brian

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Why not just ignore MSH and don't go there anymore?

#57 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

HockeySavants, the issue is that you seem to spend a lot of time trolling ebay looking for "idiots" and are a constant contributor to that e-bay idiots thread, then you got caught listing a pair of TSR SMU gloves for $160 while claiming they're "Pro Stock" when you know damned well that they're not. They're $125 gloves when they're new and they're not pro stock and you know it. Your defense seems to be "well TSR lists them that way." You know what? They don't anymore. But you did. And when you claim something is what they're not, (1) that's wrong; (2) it makes it look like you're trying to take advantage of someone who thinks they're buying pro stock; and (3) it is EXACTLY the kind of thing that you call people out all the time for in that thread.

There's the issue that you just can't seem to wrap your mind around.

I have issues with ModSquadHockey as well, but not in this case. The additional issue is that you act like a know-it-all over there (and even dubbed yourself "savant") and you just got caught doing the very thing that you claim to have problems with. CONSTANTLY. Now you're harping about it over here like you're a victim. YOU LISTED THE GLOVES THAT WAY. IT IS YOUR FAULT. You just didn't know you'd get called out. I'm sure you don't like getting called out for it. But in this case, your self-professed expertise has undoubtedly rubbed people the wrong way (and not just the moderators over there) and you just got caught listing SMU gloves as pro stock. Now you get to live with it. Whether you learn from this is up to you. Here's a saying you should remember, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

You throw a lot of stones.

I believe I have made myself perfectly clear in my explanation. Unless you have a brain you would have read that I edited the listing even though TSR still sells them as such. You clearly have no life if you have been on this issue for the last 18 hours.

Go stay on your ModSquad forum, we aren't cronies on here if that is how you prefer to be.

TSR contines to sell their gloves as Pro Stock, my assumption is that they are not SMU. That is called common sense. I don't have a pair of Kane gloves to sit and compare with like you have been stalking each and every single post of mine.

Get over it.

#58 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

I believe I have made myself perfectly clear in my explanation. Unless you have a brain you would have read that I edited the listing even though TSR still sells them as such. You clearly have no life if you have been on this issue for the last 18 hours.

Go stay on your ModSquad forum, we aren't cronies on here if that is how you prefer to be.

TSR contines to sell their gloves as Pro Stock, my assumption is that they are not SMU. That is called common sense. I don't have a pair of Kane gloves to sit and compare with like you have been stalking each and every single post of mine.

Get over it.

You protest too much. And IF you had a brain, you'd realize what that looks like.

You'd also realize I've been here longer than you have.

#59 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I was only trying to sell these gloves so I can help pay for tornado damage to my family's property, I don't need this additional drama right now and have much BIGGER issues to worry about.

I am only going to explain this one more time, I'm surprised that some still cannot understand.

Incase those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/...e2#ht_500wt_820

http://www.ebay.com/...e4#ht_500wt_820

That is same seller (TSR) where these gloves were bought form originally. Look how he has his listings posted.

He had these very same gloves listed as "Pro Stock Blackhawks 4 Roll Gloves" or to that extent about a year ago. He had X:60 and 4-Rolls available for Blackhawks, Islanders, BU, BC, Coyotes, and standard Black/White. All labeled as "Pro Stock"

These are hard to find, they add in value. I can list it at any price I want, doesn't mean I am asking for $350-400. I am asking a rather reasonable fair market value. You always see Blackhawks gloves sell for high prices. XXXX recently ended at around the same price. Were also labeled the same as mine.

I have had people PM me all the time about my gloves with much higher offers, I don't need I have to explain myself any further.

When I listed these gloves, I very much listed them the same way they listed them ORIGINALLY, I did not add to the listing nor stated these were "Straight from the Blackhawks Lockeroom" or "Were used by Patrick Kane".

You're looking for something that isn't there.

Your reading comprehension may need some assistance but that isn't my problem.

The only reason I asked for people to PM for any further issues on this matter it so simply prevent this topic to from being locked.

Again I don't see how me listing them as Pro Stock is considered Fraudulent but TSR is allowed somehow.

I believe I made myself perfectly clear ("Crystal?").

This is the last I will comment on this matter.

I am only posting this for our members of S2K to not feel alienated or that I am dodging the issue. However you have a personal vendetta that has carried for the last several months.

#60 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Incase those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/...e2#ht_500wt_820

http://www.ebay.com/...e4#ht_500wt_820

That is same seller (TSR) where these gloves were bought form originally. Look how he has his listings posted.

He had these very same gloves listed as "Pro Stock Blackhawks 4 Roll" or to that extent about a year ago.

These are hard to find, they add in value. I can list it at any price I want, doesn't mean I am asking for $350-400. I am asking a rather reasonable fair market value.

I have had people PM me all the time about my gloves with much higher offers, I don't need I have to explain myself any further.

Your reading comprehension may need some assistance but that isn't my problem.

More protests? Really? You're on a pro-stock forum surrounded by a bunch of people who know that they are SMU gloves from TSR (as do YOU) and you're going to still going to cling to being the innocent victim here?

"Two wrongs don't make a right." That ought to be another maxim for you to learn too.

You seem to be the one with the reading comprehension problem here. I spelled the problem out pretty clearly to you above. It is your call on whether your ego and arrogance can be put aside long enough to realize that there was a good lesson in there for you. I can see pretty clearly that you're not getting it though. Too bad. That arrogant little Steve Jobs smirk probably suits you, eh? You DO know better than everyone, don't you? LOL.