Photo

True/VH Hockey skates

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#181 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

I got the step/VH holders on mine and I love them. Tough first hour on the ice getting used to the new pitch but after that didn't really notice a difference.

#182 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

I got the step/VH holders on mine and I love them. Tough first hour on the ice getting used to the new pitch but after that didn't really notice a difference.

I did the same when I ordered my custom pair but just could not get used to the pitch.  Now have Tuuks on both of mine and they feel great.

#183 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

I did the same when I ordered my custom pair but just could not get used to the pitch.  Now have Tuuks on both of mine and they feel great.

They're definitely a lot different than Tuuks... I assume it has to do with your skating style/ posture as well. Honestly though, if you're comfortable in Tuuks, don't see a reason to change... I just got excited while ordering and luckily it worked out.

#184 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

They're definitely a lot different than Tuuks... I assume it has to do with your skating style/ posture as well. Honestly though, if you're comfortable in Tuuks, don't see a reason to change... I just got excited while ordering and luckily it worked out.

Any current, or former holder, you would compare them to?

#185 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Any current, or former holder, you would compare them to?

Honestly I'm 21 so haven't had much to compare them to considering I've worn Bauer since I was about 14 lol. First pair of skates I haven't had Tuuks on that I can actually remember.

Im not 100% sure, but I do feel a little bit taller in the VH holders... might be because the step steel is bigger too, but I definitely find I have a better angle towards the ice when turning. Wish I could help you out more 

#186 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

It's ok youngin', I appreciate it ☺. Sounds a bit like a CCM SB 4.0 with Step. Looks like I'll have to try it for myself on my next order.

#187 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yeah I've just never skated on anything other than Tuuk's so I don't know if I would feel a difference (not that I'm a great skater) I am mainly looking at VHs to have something to fit great and last, I have narrow heel/ankles but a wide flat foot and toebox so it's been tough buying skates, and I pronate. 

#188 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

Yeah I've just never skated on anything other than Tuuk's so I don't know if I would feel a difference (not that I'm a great skater) I am mainly looking at VHs to have something to fit great and last, I have narrow heel/ankles but a wide flat foot and toebox so it's been tough buying skates, and I pronate. 

Do yourself a favor and get a pair... honestly man, it'll change your game.

#189 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Exact reason I wear VH/True Skates. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#190 ryanmonty

ryanmonty

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

Can you guys comment on the weight? I picked one up in the store and it felt quite a bit heavier than supremes.

#191 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

It’s slightly heavier due to the shot blockers. Not noticeable when skating.

#192 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Agreed... heavier in hand but don't notice at all on feet. 

#193 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

They are slightly heavier than retail skates, but they are tanks on ice and you won't notice when skating. Most protective skates I've owned

#194 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Agreed... heavier in hand but don't notice at all on feet. 

I would have to agree. :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#195 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Was quoted 5-6 weeks. My skates showed up in about 3 weeks. Once i get holders mounted, the boots in the oven I’ll post some pics and thoughts.

#196 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to club Zac, you’ll never go back!

#197 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Welcome to club Zac, you’ll never go back!

Can only hope so, v cuts and super tacks have done a number to my ankles.

#198 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

You’re in for a treat my dude.

#199 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Made the jump today with Pro Hockey Life 15% off deal saved me almost $200. Didn't realize how odd my feet looked until they showed me the scan. Can't wait to get them.

#200 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

You are going to love them