Photo

True/VH Hockey skates

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#221 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Sorry to jump in, but can I order just new tongues through True, or do I need to go through my LHS?

I just ordered tendon guards direct, i would think tongues would be the same.

#222 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

I just ordered tendon guards direct, i would think tongues would be the same.

Thanks! I'll be sending them an email.

#223 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

I had to go through a local store to get my tendon guards.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#224 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

I'm one of those guys who has one foot slightly bigger and higher than the other. It Causes
My supremes to not wrap properly in the top eyelet of that foot.

I believe a nexus would work well for that one foot but be too deep for the other.

Going with true , would these problems be solved ?

#225 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

Would the problem of having different sized feet be solved if I buy skates made custom for my feet? Yes. Yes it would.

#226 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

I'm one of those guys who has one foot slightly bigger and higher than the other. It Causes
My supremes to not wrap properly in the top eyelet of that foot.

I believe a nexus would work well for that one foot but be too deep for the other.

Going with true , would these problems be solved ?

Yes but just going custom in general would solve this.

My right foot is half a size bigger but I haven't had a problem from one skate to the other, just from brand to brand.

I've been in MLX and VH for the last 8 years and have been happy.

#227 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Picked mine up yesterday (got scanned Dec 28th) and had them baked, seem to fit really nice, although I noticed the laces were super short could barely get them to the top eyelet, put in some longer ones.

First skate will be tomorrow night in them and first game on Saturday, hope they live up to the hype!

#228 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

They live up to the hype. Enjoy them.

#229 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

They sure do, welcome to the club.

#230 Adam

Adam

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

still waiting for you to come get updated with new ones Chris!

#231 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

I got two pairs already, plus those True logos are fugly lmao

#232 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

Had my first couple skates in them (one casual pickup game and one league game) and these things deliver. You feel way more on balance and it seems like skating is easier if that makes sense just way more efficient. I'm waiting for something to not feel right with them, but they have been awesome and zero pain or breaking in time with them, really happy with my purchase.

#233 Bruins243

Bruins243

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Out of curiosity - does anyone know the basic concept of the scan. I know it will clearly display any bumps or foot/ankle abnormalities, but does it also generate a size and measurements? I.e., the tracing recommendations from the old fittings. I wasn’t sure if they use the scanner to then select the last size or if they come up with the sizing based off previous skate size/shoe size etc. thanks in advance!

#234 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:10 AM

They did the scan for me, and still look measurements with a ruler anyways. More as a safe guard than anything.

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#235 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

Out of curiosity - does anyone know the basic concept of the scan. I know it will clearly display any bumps or foot/ankle abnormalities, but does it also generate a size and measurements? I.e., the tracing recommendations from the old fittings. I wasn’t sure if they use the scanner to then select the last size or if they come up with the sizing based off previous skate size/shoe size etc. thanks in advance!

I believe the scan still has the measurements and will scale up or down depending on if you zoom in or not.

#236 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Anyone currently using the Step holder and runner that are now stock for the skates? I will be putting an order in soon and want to see what, if anything, they compare to. I'm currently in VH with CCM SB holders with Step runners.

#237 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

All of my pairs have had the tuuks, havent heard great things about that fugly holder

#238 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

All of my pairs have had the tuuks, havent heard great things about that fugly holder

Can you elaborate on "not great things"?

#239 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Can you elaborate on "not great things"?

I saw a co-worker sporting the True holder and it came with Step steel. Step steel is awesome, especially the polished/coated steel, but the True holder looked rather meh in quality. Also, when they mounted the holder to the boot, they left a huge gap in the back heel to outsole area.

My thoughts on the new True skate:

- Widespread availability of 3D scans

- Noticeable improvements to the overall boot design (much cleaner/less glue streaks/better materials)

- The interior liner feels nicer/more cushion

- The Achilles tendon is lined with a soft piece of foam (VH just had a very thin piece of grip liner).

- Weaker tongue - flimsy, no plastic insert and single felt - don't expect it to last long

- I find it hilarious that you now have supply them with the TUUK holders, otherwise you're stuck with theirs.

Stick with TUUKs.

#240 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for all the info, it's a huge help!

Can I still do a "boot only" and have my local guy install them, or do I have to supply a Tuuk holder to be installed at their factory?