Photo

Why do so few players use CCM?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

It seems like there are no where near as many players that use ccm as other sticks. I just got a hossa ccm crazy light, this is my first ccm stick ever. Everyone I play hockey with usually scoffs at ccm. Is there a reason? lol sorry guys its always been a curiosity I have wondered about.
KEVIN

#2 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

A lot of it is personal preference and a lot of times money dictates what players in the NHL will use. But a lot of it is preference.

A perfect example:I am not a fan of Sherwood sticks, I asked Bobby Ryan why he's using Sherwood, he claimed its the best stick in the business. He's also one of Sherwood's poster boys but he genuinely seems to love his Sherwood sticks.

#3 Davies84

Davies84

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

CCm productes have been made way to cheap these days unlike 10 years ago. I got a pair of 12s skates been using them for 2 months and the back tongs have already snapped on them, and the blades are garbage that comes with them. The skate is worth 600$ to me it should be worth 250$ less cause its crap.

#4 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Did you just win the CL on ebay Avalanche? lol

#5 desertdog8

desertdog8

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

In my opinion most companies are known for a certain product. Bauer is common for helmets and skates, Easton is known for sticks, Reebok is known for elbows, shins, shoulders. I think they make average products versus one really standout product. I used CCM twigs recently, hated it. Easton and Bauer are much better IMO.

#6 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

lol it is a hossa stick lol if i dont like it ill sell it i have n RS and every other stick that easton has ever made, i also hae a total one. Just thought it would be cool to try Hossa's curve looks pretty sick
KEVIN

#7 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Many of the CCM sticks I've ever come across have actually felt like twigs. Snap, break, crack more often than other sticks I've ever used. When Ovi snap two sticks in a row during the Skills Competition I knew then that he wasn't renewing with CCM.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#8 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

lol i remember that oh well too late i got the stick ill see how it goes
KEVIN

#9 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Tried that original blue CCM Vector. Really liked it...a lot. Felt indestructible and full of power. Then the toe of the blade started fraying like a piece of fabric or something.

That was my one and only venture into CCM sticks. The rest of the stuff, not terrible (minus skates, hate 'em), just nothing doing it for me.

#10 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

seems to be the general consensus around here lol
KEVIN

#11 olsona

olsona
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

i really like ccm protective equipment and i don't mind the sticks ether but its probably because it was the equipment i learned to play in.

#12 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I personally love CCM gear, but Reebok took over in terms of branding and CCM is still struggling.
Retail has the same problem, sticks and skate are not selling very much compared to Reebok products.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#13 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'll tell you this much, I love their 852 gloves (finding a pair as we speak) and their Tacks were all the craze. I have a pair of 552 Shins which I also love.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#14 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'd take CCM skates over Reeboks any day. Both brands have good gloves, 11ks and CLs being my favorite. A majority of their other gloves are the same anyways. CCM and Reebok pants are great, honestly one of my favorites, but most companies make a good pro pant. As far as sticks go, I'm not a big fan of either companies.

The numbers for CCM aren't huge, but they do have a lot of NHL stars in their gear...Hossa, Tavares, RNH, Lecavalier, the list goes on.

Don't forget about the AHL and ECHL with their CCM/Reebok contracts. There's more players in CCM/Reebok gear playing professional hockey than any other brand. The numbers might not be there in the NHL, but having stars in your gear helps and so does having leagues that wear strictly your gear.

#15 edo

edo

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

I have used a bunch of sticks and I always end up back with crazy lights, Love the feel and I find they last a long time!

#16 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

thanks guys i appreciate the feedback
KEVIN

#17 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

everything i use is bauer except for my shins and elbows(rbk pro) my shoulder pads (sherwood 5030) and my sticks are matching sher wood t90's

i used to have a ccm helmet but it just squished my head and gave me migraines lol :censored:

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#18 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I used to Love CCM sticks, the old Vectors were pretty solid, a little heavy but better durability and good snap. Now? Terrible, i can't believe the regression they've taken, and how noodly they feel, absolutely no snap to them it just feels like i'm raking the puck instead of snapping a wrist shot.

I personally alternate between dolomite shafts, but i love LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sher Wood RM19 shaft, that thing has great feel, absolutely quick snap, every shot just feels amazing, Sher Wood is absolutely underrated, i would love to get a few more new RM19s

i used the RBK shafts also, and the last one i actually liked was the old blue and white 6k and the 7k snake grip, all the new ones i've tried and immediately gotten rid of, i give up on RBK at this point, not worth hammering my wallet for them.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#19 - M

- M

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I use a CCM helmet and that's it. I've tried two of their U+ CL sticks and both of them suffered the same fate. After one ice time they got hacked near the hosel area and exposed the foam inside.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#20 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

same, i use the V08, and i make constant v08 juice jokes but thats just me, i love that helmet, it fits amazing, and very protective unlike their vice grip....errr i mean the v10

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff