Photo

Why do so few players use CCM?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I never used ccm gloves or sticks growing up. I loved their shoulders and pants though. I used a v08 lid last year. Now seeing I totally am gone old school in gear I love I use old ht2 lids with my nike0004s. Also a pair of new old stock 652 pumps boots r in my skate rotation with my grafs. CcmS new gear is a turnoff for me. Look wise that is. I do wanna get my hands on a RBz but I have 5 sticks that are game good now and just can't justify buying one. I hate the look of the cl gloves . Prob only member in here. The backroll looks like ovi's ccm logo.

#82 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Funny, I always thought that of the backroll too

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#83 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yeah I don't dig CL's either. Not a fan of the look of the CL skates but the RBZ's look nicer. I'm not picky on stick graphics.

#84 modny123

modny123

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think CL skates look awesome. Rbz look ok. All manufacturers seem to be going black

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#85 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

I just realized last night that all of my visible gear is now CCM.

- V08 helmet

- U+12 Gloves

- U+03 Pants

- CL skates

- CL retail stick

My entire childhood, I never owned a single CCM piece of equipment, I found everything stiff and unappealing. Now I'm finding everything that I used to rely on Bauer for, is now being done better by CCM.

I used to look on eBay for XXX gloves & skates and One95 sticks whenever I needed to replace something. Things started to dry up on there, so I was forced to replace those things entirrely. I bought a pair of Franchises, then took them back the same day because I just didn't like the way they felt compared to my old XXX's. I liked the loose cuff, but they weren't tight in the forehand like the XXXs were. Back in Sept. 2011, I was trying on gloves at PHL and the U+12's appealed right away. I didn't like the CL palms, otherwise I would've gotten them. Now I'm on my second pair of 12's. Then I found a CL stick for $120 at my LHS and fell in love right away, I'd finally find a stick to replace my One95. I'm now on my 4th and 5th CL (not including the two I got from kleiner). I got the V08 just 'cause it was time to replace my old Bauer 3000. Then I got CL skates from conlon, because it was time to replace my Bauer XXXs. I use Easton shins, Cooper elbow pads, SherWood 5030 shoulders, and an Itech jock. Out of those, the shins are the only thing I've replaced in the past 10 years. I'd probably give their shoulders, elbows, etc. a chance if I played in a contact league.

So yeah, CCM has my stamp of approval for quality, performance, and style.

I love that a lot of you guys collect all kinds of gear, different brands and models, different teams, etc. I'm really just here to perfect my current gear setup and look good while I'm at it. I match with both my teams and I'm comfortable, I really can't ask for much more. Except maybe deeper pockets?

#86 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

The V08 is my favorite helmet by far. My 4500 has officially been retired.

#87 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

The V08 is my favorite helmet by far. My 4500 has officially been retired.

Yeah, I still wear my 4500 from time to time but I'm mostly in a V08 now.

#88 Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

I was CCM everything when I was younger, when the Reebok line came along and they axed the tack line is when when I stopped wearing ccm. Only thing I liked for a large period of time was the original U+ stick. Now they seem to have a lot of things that I could see myself wearing. I've been wearing a V08 for two years now. I have a pair of U+CL gloves. Their shoulders have really caught my eye and I have been really wanting to pick up a RBZ. 

#89 MountainKing

MountainKing

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

CCM seems to be making a huge push.  In the Hawks locker room I noticed 5-6 guys using the crazy light pads, there were also a few U+ Pro's hanging out in there as well.  I love their shoulders, they fit my body build perfectly and I love what they did to the shoulder caps.  The pads don't feel as protective as other lines but I will say this, over the summer in my U+ Pros I was in a nasty shoulder on shoulder collision at full speed and I came out okay..the other guy I hit was in 5030's and separated his shoulder.  I'm sure there were many factors including luck that kept me from an injury, I'm also sure many other shoulder pads would have protected me equally but this basically in my mind confirmed that these things are far more protective than they look.  

#90 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

I think CL skates look awesome. Rbz look ok. All manufacturers seem to be going black

once you go black you never go back, hahaa :wtf:

#91 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Had the old school CCM helmet when i was young, and wore a v10 for 16s and 18s and liked it a lot.  Wearing a 4500 now but i want to get a v08 as well as the padding is similar.

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#92 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Not to mention it looks 100x better than the 4500. I feel like an astronaut or something with it and my cage on.

#93 modny123

modny123

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have
2 ccm buckets
Ccm mitts
Ccm pants
Not skates though, waiting for rbz skates

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter