Photo

Why do so few players use CCM?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've had terrible experiences with CCM sticks, my Octo 50 was like a wet noodle two weeks in, the grip is like a skin, and it peels away with tape, and some of the tape actually took a huge chuck out of the carbon fibre... I do use the protective gear though, V08 shoulders, shins, and bucket. Great peices of equipment, the shins and bucket are the only ones that fit me, its kinda weird, tried on all other companies, nothing fits well. The shoulders are just until I can afford some lower profile, less bulky shoulders, they are great pads though.
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#22 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

even after cutting the Bjorn Gelotte long hair other helmets dont fit you right?

i had the same issue when i had long hair, the 8k was the only one that fit well with long hair, and so did the v08, and the bauer 5100

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#23 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

even after cutting the Bjorn Gelotte long hair other helmets dont fit you right?

i had the same issue when i had long hair, the 8k was the only one that fit well with long hair, and so did the v08, and the bauer 5100

Yeah! Even with all my hair gone, cut back to 1/4 inch, nothing else fits, the E700 gets close, just a tad bit too short front to back. The V10 seemed to fit well with my hair, but grip liner + long hair = pain. I've yet to try it on again. I must just have an awkwardly shaped noggin, much like my awkwardly large calves (Hiking and football) every shin pad I've tried on is far too tight in the calf and just behind the knee (if they have a lock strap)
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#24 skreminegul

skreminegul
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

I thought I would give CCM sticks a try so I bought a couple Nathan Horton CL's from PSHG. Guess what, played my third game with it today and snap - it broke low in the shaft near the blade on a harmless play. I only play drop in and the stick did not see any abuse at all. I guess I will be going back to Eastons....

I am always looking for NY Rangers gear.

My Feedback thread: http://www.sports2k....?hl=skreminegul

#25 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

A lot of pros are using the ccm shoulder pads.

#26 - M

- M

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Played half a game with a CCM U+ and I already had foam coming out on the top part of the blade. Tried a second one... same thing. I got a good deal on a RBZ and I'm trying that right now... such a shame it only comes in grip because I prefer clear.

The only other thing CCM I have now is a V10. Not too impressed with any of their other gear.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#27 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

CCM sucks bruh, and apparently the RBZs are starting to fall apart
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#28 dirtysouthgentleman

dirtysouthgentleman

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

i havent heard any negative comments about the RBZ, obviously you have

care to share? im thinking about getting one and dont want to deal with another stick that is fragile

#29 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

I've heard of people that they are chipping and cracking at the lower shaft. Taking a snap shot, or even after a couple games. Terrible
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#30 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've got 2 that I have been using 3-4 times a week for about the last month or so. No complaints yet.

#31 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

you can say the same thing about easton skates falling apart on command

#32 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

i have a pair of pro easton s15s and they've been under me since 2010 if i'm right and not a single issue

but some do fall apart. Bauer falls apart too.

the RBZ stick is great from what i hear but the blade is an air bladder, what did anyone think would happen?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#33 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

I got some CCM CS shinneys and they're amazing.

#34 olsona

olsona
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

ccm and warrior sticks are my number one choice i have tried bauer supreme sticks and hated it. i also use ccm shoulders shins and elbows and love them great protection and comfortable. Next i need to try cl gloves.

#35 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

I've got 2 that I have been using 3-4 times a week for about the last month or so. No complaints yet.

Same here, other then a couple issues, I haven't seen or heard major problems with the RBZ.
As far as Im concern, it is a great stick.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#36 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

With CCM in terms of prostocks I think it all depends on whether you get a construction you like too. I've tried SCL, SVL, etc. and hated them. Got my hands on a TTL which is supposedly the same flex profile as an S19/RS and loved it.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#37 CapAttack

CapAttack

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

The V08 helmet is my absolute favorite. I love the look, feel, fit, etc. Then again I know a lot of guys who can't wear it because it doesn't fit their head properly. As for other CCM equipment, compared to other companies it really seems to be pretty bad. After trying retail and pro stock sticks from each of the major companies, I can say, at least for me that no sticks come anywhere close to Eastons. CCM sticks all seem to break after short use.

#38 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

I wear a V08 helmet and U+FIT09 shins and I love them both. I had a CL TLL (S19 flex profile) 80 flex and a S19 100 flex, both Kreps curve. Even though I much prefer the 80 flex, I liked the S19 way more. The CL felt heavy and unresponsive to me. I wasn't a fan of it.

#39 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm on my 5th CL stick. I don't think there's a better feel for a stick. They really encourage soft hands. Great response on passes and snap shots, great control on my slap shots. I just got my second pair of CCM U+ 12 gloves, only because I don't think there's gonna be a better glove to replace them (repalm after repalm, never letting them go). Big fan of the CCM Pro Vector skates, they're indestructable. Also have the CCM V08 helmet, I'm probably the best looking guy on the ice when I wear it.

I really don't care what NHLers use. As far as I'm concerned, CCM's has been more innovative than anyone else the past three years.

#40 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I think it's one of those things where you just notice other gear more when you use it yourself. Seems all the rage in here is cl gloves. Personally I hate the look and the backroll design that looks a lot like that Ovie symbol ccm put out yrs ago . Bauer and easton seem to be the more popular gear I see. I seem to see a lot if ppl at my rink who wear price point gear using the ccm brand and RBk. They have a nice few lines of cheaper stuff. Overall I only own a ht2 lid I wear once a week. It's not my go to, got it for older style. When the old tacks line was out ccm was the biggest in my mind! I don't like the glove look and skates. The v08 is nice I have a white on large in storage.