• LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

https://www.kickstar...rpening-at-home

Anybody pledge money yet? 

#2 MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup
  • LocationSt. Albert, AB, Canada

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

This looks awesome. I would be interested in seeing the retail price tag. paying $6.30 for one skate sharpening locally, that may or may not be a quality servicing is getting quite old. Although, I only get mine sharpened three or so times a month. Still, being a goalie and a player, this could be an interesting product. 

Looking for the following..

Any Mathieu Perreault Gear

Size Small Navy 9k Shells

Any Smaller Jets/Moose Gear

13" Navy Base Gloves

#3 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

$600 according to the kickstarter

#4 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

$600 according to the kickstarter

Plus an extra 50 dollars for each grinding stone. 

Seems like a great idea but I'm not sure how it's worth putting money in now when for an extra 50 dollars, I can wait for reviews from other people...

#5 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#6 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Might be a good idea to split this locally with friends...

#7 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

when your local sharpening here costs 15-20 dollars and they suck at getting things right... this is worht a shot..

i pledged my money for this earlier today... hope it comes through

#8 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

It seems pretty cool, I may have to invest in one some day. I can see it being popular in places like Hong Kong. A few of my buddies showed the vid to me and since finding a place to sharpen your skates over there can be a hassle, except bringing it to the rink. I'm sure other places with no or little access to shops will sell for sure!

HK #17

Feedback

#9 - M

- M

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:18 AM

It seems pretty cool, I may have to invest in one some day. I can see it being popular in places like Hong Kong. A few of my buddies showed the vid to me and since finding a place to sharpen your skates over there can be a hassle, except bringing it to the rink. I'm sure other places with no or little access to shops will sell for sure!

Just curious, how would you rate the skate sharpeners in Hong Kong?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#10 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Our team has a skate sharpener, n my buddy used to work at rods so he does most of it. But if hes not around the rink actually does a pretty good job.

HK #17

Feedback

#11 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Damn you guys pay that much for a sharpening. Locally it's between $3-$5 a sharpening

#12 Erock84

Erock84
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

I've never seen a skate sharpening cost over $10 :\

#13 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

I've never paid over $10 for sharpening either....thats just a bit insane :dunno:

HK #17

Feedback

#14 DngleSnipeCelly

DngleSnipeCelly
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

$9 here in cincinnati :( Gonna try to split one of these with my teammates

Wanted CCM, Reebok, Bauer Promo Banners

#15 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Want.

#16 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

i have friends who work at shops so they hook it up, 

but either way it's $5 at sportchek for normal or FBV, at dukes it's $8 for FBV, at national it's $6-7 for FBV, it's weird how they would charge more for FBV.

either way, at $500-600 i would seriously consider it. Why? because i hate having to get my wheels sharpened every week. i like sharp skates so unfortunately it sucks. The one thing this machine would do is save me time from having to get in my car, drive to the local shop, park, drop skates off and wait till it's done then go back home.  Time is money so i'd rather not waste time getting my wheels done if i could have it done at home. plus it sucks when i don't have the guys i trust in the shop sharpening wheels.

the only thing that would make me sold on this is if it could do FBV, but i think it only does regular sharpens.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

on a similar topic, i actually knew the person that developed this:

http://www.edgeagain.com/

i remember him prototyping these and giving it to teams to use in the NHL about 6-7 years ago, then finally it hit canadian tire stores about 3-4 years ago i believe.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#18 Tapiolaboy13

Tapiolaboy13

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

The thing i'm wondering is, can you dress the stone? What if you bugger the stone up? Your out $50?

#19 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

price of living in new york city. (20 dollar skate sharpenings, 25 dollar drop in ice sessions...)

#20 - M

- M

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

The thing i'm wondering is, can you dress the stone? What if you bugger the stone up? Your out $50?

The "grinding ring" can't be dressed.  You will need to buy a replacement when it wears out.  I'm concerned about the lifespan though.  How many pairs of skates can you sharpen until this ring needs to be replaced?

On a conventional machine I redress the wheel every 2-3 pairs to make sure the stone is at the correct hollow and to get a quality cut/finish.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.