Photo

VinnyD the con artist. Don't trust him!

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#21 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

Contact the local police. If three people call in to say "hey, this guy essentially stole from me", it might raise some eyebrows.

#22 DiesILL

DiesILL
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

Well you can add me to this list! David Donato was use for me as well as the same shipping address. I've done trades with Vincent Delauries that went through no problem, despite there being a delay on his part. Which makes me assume that this new guy isn't with him, or that he's working with him. Who knows. Looks like I'm making an unexpected visit to Quebec.

#23 50Flex

50Flex

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

delete

#24 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

he tried to work out a trade with me for a bunch of stuff and he was sending ccm pants that "his friend that works at ccm can order", he refused to ship first or meet up with a montreal 2k member who could recieve my stuff and hand off.  Wouldnt provide a phone number, fb, or ebay feedback.  He even sent me this invoice when he said he shipped but i put my foot down on the ship first and let him know.  He hasnt replied since

19156825953_b5752dea39_b.jpg

IG: Fooj Media

#25 spudrock512

spudrock512
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

I was working on a trade with this guy too, (also for a pair of WC Blackhawks gloves) but I decided to pass. Looks like I lucked out, but that was the same address he had sent me when we were working out details. I don't understand how people can live with themselves ripping people off like this.

#26 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

he gave me this phone number to put on the shipping label but never thought to try it 1-514-265-3437 not sure if its accurate or not.

hopefully somebody finds him and can get people there stuff back

#27 spudrock512

spudrock512
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

And his email: dave.don1@hotmail.com

#28 DiesILL

DiesILL

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

So looks like my package is still at the post office in Laval, and they're working at sending it back to me. In any case I was given the number of the Canadian Anti Fraud agency and they want to know anyone who had contact. Here the number for the agency. Let's weed out these fuckers...

1-888-495-8501

#29 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

He PMd me about my Yotes Hustlers in regards to trading for a Bruins WC shell. When I asked for pics he sent one and it looked as if it was from google. I asked for more and he never sent them. I told him I'd buy it then sell my Yotes pants so we could both be covered by PayPal, however he kept insisting on a trade. After reading this I checked our PM thread and he edited his original PM to change it from offering the WC shell to looking for free gear for charity. Guy is a snake and a clown after reading all this. Glad I stuck with my gut instinct.

#30 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

He PMd me about my Yotes Hustlers in regards to trading for a Bruins WC shell. When I asked for pics he sent one and it looked as if it was from google. I asked for more and he never sent them. I told him I'd buy it then sell my Yotes pants so we could both be covered by PayPal, however he kept insisting on a trade. After reading this I checked our PM thread and he edited his original PM to change it from offering the WC shell to looking for free gear for charity. Guy is a snake and a clown after reading all this. Glad I stuck with my gut instinct.

Good thing when they edit a message, we still have the original in our emails.

#31 DiesILL

DiesILL

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Ok, here's the deal guys. These are the step you need to take. 1) call Canadian Anti Fraud agency or visit their website. They will issue a claim number. 2) Call canada post if that's who you shipped through 800-267-1177 and answer all their questions. They will need that claim number to be able to stop shipment. 3) call local police and they will most likely open a case file and have a number associated with it. Let them know about the anti fraud agency claim as well as the canada post claim. You should be able to get you stuff sent back if it hasn't been claimed at the post office.

#32 DiesILL

DiesILL

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Just realized what else this little dickhead just did... I went back into my initial private messages with him to add it to the fraud claim and realized he deleted everything except for the first contact message he sent me. He changed it to "Im looking for charity, gloves and pants for free". So clearly this is not just a mistake. In any case I hope he enjoys his new investigation on him as I have my gear coming back to me now anyways.

#33 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Great you found out the info DiesILL. Would def help out for this and others in the future. Kinna breaks my heart when I'm hearing this scum bag scammin other members. Hope most of these issues get solved or atleast pay the guy a visit in masks an make sure he never walks again! Either way karma is a bitch.

HK #17

Feedback

#34 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

I just got off the phone with Vincent Deslauriers

He told me he got his email hacked a couple weeks ago. By who and for what purpose? Not a single clue.

Vince told me he knows who David DOnato is tho. Problem is, Donato is a cop himself... Wich would make it hard to believe that David DOnato is steeling all the equipment while being a cop.

So, is it really David DOnato behind all this? Maybe, maybe not. I trust Vincent enough tho to confirm it's not him. I sent him a picture of the feedback he left to VinnyD ans confirm me he hasnt buy skates from him. Vincent works in a sport store here in quebec and wouldnt need to buy skates from someone else has he gets them at the demo day for employees usually.

Vincent will come later and post something with his new 2K account as he had to create a new 2K account because its holder one (Deslau17) is not accessible to him since he got his email hijacked

#35 DiesILL

DiesILL

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

Always wanted to play shinny in Quebec, just didn't know it was actually to smash shins. Either way, I know a fair amount of police who are willing to make some calls for me... so I'll leave it to them. Should be fun... I'll let people know when I get some updates.

#36 Pensfan86

Pensfan86
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

I wish i would have seen this earlier. He did the same to me. I lost out on a pair of pants. I am going to the authorities. I have the while conversation saved.

#37 Parry71

Parry71

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Im vincent deslauriers ! Please pm me if you have any question and trust me I will provide you any information you need. I got all my account hacked including ebay, facebook, s2k, instagram, both email adresses, and many more... Im sorry for all inconviniance. Like mers said, I know who david donato is, hes a police officer and doesnt even play hockey. I couldnt confirm the adress but I think its his adress. You are welcome to come and explain me your situation. I will of course go get information from him and ask couple questions about that particular situation. I will give you more information to you guys as soon as I have some.

#38 Parry71

Parry71

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

I will go get the stuff that is still at the post office as soon as possible to make sure that noobody else takes it and ship it back to you guys.

#39 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

Why would somebody go through the trouble to hack a sports2k account?

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#40 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Well, Looks like the guy who highjacked his account got some cool stuff to go with it