Photo

VinnyD the con artist. Don't trust him!

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 drewmcmullen

drewmcmullen

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

Glad I didn't trade him. He wanted 4 pairs of gloves from me. He gave me the deslau17 user to vouch for him since he had no feedback. I messaged deslau17 and he said he was a stand up guy and that he traded gloves for skates.

When I told VinnyD that I was going to pass, he sent me some nasty messages about backing out of the deal.

Really glad I didn't trade him....

#62 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

That dude got me...shit.

#63 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

Glad I didn't trade him. He wanted 4 pairs of gloves from me. He gave me the deslau17 user to vouch for him since he had no feedback. I messaged deslau17 and he said he was a stand up guy and that he traded gloves for skates.

When I told VinnyD that I was going to pass, he sent me some nasty messages about backing out of the deal.

Really glad I didn't trade him....

are you able to add me to the discussion you had with him by PM?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#64 Goldberg21

Goldberg21
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

This moron (VinnyD) tried to get me to trade him a pair of gloves for his "Large Caps Winter Classic Shell." When I asked for pictures he sent me MY OWN PICTURES from a listing I had over a year ago, which was a goalie shell; and when I called him out no reply.  Same thing happened to another member who I already spoke with. This guy uses images from google and tries to pass it off as his own gear that he has to trade. Sad to hear about people falling for this, glad that he was stupid enough to send me my own pictures before I went through with any type of deal. 

#65 drewmcmullen

drewmcmullen

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

are you able to add me to the discussion you had with him by PM?

The main conversation I had with via PM has already been deleted. It was at the end of June and when he started to send me angry messages I just deleted the conversation and he stopped.

After checking just now, I do still have the conversation that I had with deslau about vouching for him. Not sure if that helps at all.

#66 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

I have my full discussion with him, and emails, as well as his address. He got me for a pair of socks, twig and a pair of gloves plus is cost me $50 to fucking ship it too. I'm on board to contact authorities with those of you who are willing to do so

Tickle the twine

#67 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

And I didn't feel the gloves he was sending back looked legit, so I asked for him to take a picture of the gloves at multiple angles all of which were to include a piece of paper in it saying my name and the date, which he did and they were legit, but after I sent him his tracking codes the guy disappeared. This just happened this week.

Tickle the twine

#68 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

I've been in touch with Canada Post, who referred me to the Anti Fraud Centre and Laval Police, so I'm hoping I get this settled for myself, and for all of us.

Tickle the twine

#69 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Just hope Ill be able to take your gear with the real dave donato at the post office. Just hope they let us take it so I can ship it back to you guys.

Please keep us updated in this topic of what has been sent back and when.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#70 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Hey dupes, maybe you should move this topic to the pro stock hockey forum. I know this is the proper section for this stuff but there's way more traffic on the other sections above. Just so more people can see this thread and be alerted so they could possibly contact canada post and get their stuff back.

I'm always on the site but I rarely check the feedback section because you guys updated the feedback to people's usernames. Only way I found out was because I had a few members on 2k txt me about this guy.

This situation reminds me of that other idiot we had on here a couple years ago. What was his username again. He was scamming a lot of people as well.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#71 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

The apartment complex where the packages were sent is called Urbania 2.  The phone number is 450-682-2811.  

#72 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hey dupes, maybe you should move this topic to the pro stock hockey forum. I know this is the proper section for this stuff but there's way more traffic on the other sections above. Just so more people can see this thread and be alerted so they could possibly contact canada post and get their stuff back.

I'm always on the site but I rarely check the feedback section because you guys updated the feedback to people's usernames. Only way I found out was because I had a few members on 2k txt me about this guy.

This situation reminds me of that other idiot we had on here a couple years ago. What was his username again. He was scamming a lot of people as well.

Superdude?
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#73 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Superdude?

Think hes talkin bout that idiot if I remember he stole/scammed stuff on here and selling in ebay. Its a lessoned learned though, thats why I only trade w/ legit members. Purchasin is a different story though since u can be protected.

HK #17

Feedback

#74 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

Tyler Moore. Night_03, or something along those lines, on eBay.

#75 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Both of them for that matter!
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#76 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

My stuff is on its way to I'm in the prides of stopping it

#77 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

In the prosses of stopping a package now

#78 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

How are you going about doing so?

#79 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

Please stay on topic, unless you are directly involved, please do not post in this topic.

#80 carz

carz
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:05 AM

Was also doing a trade with him. Was sending him pants, 2x gloves, and a shell for 1x skates. i messaged deslau17 since it was Vinnyd's only feedback asking if he was legit and i got a response of yes hes legit. I asked what did you guys trade for and he said "A big trade with gloves and pants. No stress with this guy. You can trust him." He also kept on saying that we will ship at the same time and once he gets my tracking info, then he will ship them right after. Tim (kingfooj) and I were both dealing with him and both a little skeptical of him. He then told me to not do the trade with him. I acted like I was still going to continue the trade with Vinnyd and I asked for pictures of it. Of course he said he's not at home with them (even though we planned to ship it earlier that morning). Since I knew he was fake i said the skates were shipped the next day and he stopped responding to me after that. He deleted the messages and everything.