Photo

Phoenix vs Los Angeles

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#41 desertdog8

desertdog8

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

How about the non-supplemental discipline here?

Morris suspended for what? Hitting Scuderi?

Let the knowledgeable hockey fans talk kid.

#42 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I actually think the NHL got it right minus not fining Smith for the slash, but I don't expect the NHL to start going after goalies.

Being in and around the crease is part of the game, hacking someone in the back of the legs when they aren't looking isn't.

#43 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

i don't think that anyone can say what is unprovoked and what is provoked. theres a lot that goes on between the whistles and things that are said. sure Mike's slash was a good one, but its a slash... he didn't Mcsorley him. are you going to fine everyone who slashes someone else?

#44 desertdog8

desertdog8

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Smith has taken bumps this series that go unpunished and he's seen the little league antics of Dustin Brown. Goalie whacks have always been part of hockey.

#45 Brian

Brian

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

i don't think that anyone can say what is unprovoked and what is provoked. theres a lot that goes on between the whistles and things that are said. sure Mike's slash was a good one, but its a slash... he didn't Mcsorley him. are you going to fine everyone who slashes someone else?

Well, not every slash is the same...
I wouldn't consider a slash to a stick the same as a slash to the back of somebody's legs/knees.

#46 rocknrolltakeover

rocknrolltakeover
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Morris suspended for what? Hitting Scuderi?

I think I missed out on the discussion here, but honestly, it wasn't just a hit- it was a knee on knee hit. And I'm missing the point on the Scuderi hitting Chimera video? Because he hit someone low two years ago, Morris is justified in hitting him knee on knee?

For the record, there's no way I think Morris should have been suspended for that. Just asking.

Tonight's game should be interesting though.

#47 Brian

Brian

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hopefully Kings pull a 3-0 lead. That would be awesome.

#48 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I agree with you on lots of little things that go on between the whistles. Lots of things are said but a slash to someones stick in play is a hell of a lot different than slashing behind the play like that, IMO it's with intent to injure. I'm saying this being more of a Coyotes fan than a Kings fan. What he did was in no way a "hockey play".

On a funny side note, my gf saw a replay of it and said,"he should be kicked out of the league for good! that was really mean" hahaha
I'm glad she's not handing out the supplemental discipline.

#49 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

I agree with you on lots of little things that go on between the whistles. Lots of things are said but a slash to someones stick in play is a hell of a lot different than slashing behind the play like that, IMO it's with intent to injure. I'm saying this being more of a Coyotes fan than a Kings fan. What he did was in no way a "hockey play".

On a funny side note, my gf saw a replay of it and said,"he should be kicked out of the league for good! that was really mean" hahaha
I'm glad she's not handing out the supplemental discipline.

Was your gf the one that handed out the Torres suspension? :P

#50 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Was your gf the one that handed out the Torres suspension? :P

Shit she might as well have been, maybe I can put in the good word with her before the appeal. :)

#51 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

I think this further supports my argument about the pussification of society and the sport. Did we already forget Goalies like Ed Belfour?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#52 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Smith has taken bumps this series that go unpunished and he's seen the little league antics of Dustin Brown. Goalie whacks have always been part of hockey.

Wrong, he's taken this shit from the Kings all season long, all the kings games he's been run constantly. You snap after a while.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#53 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Such a good series right now, no one can stop LA
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#54 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Such a good series right now, no one can stop LA

Part of me thinks you're just trying to rub in the whole LA thing because of the coyotes first round series...

#55 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Of course, but they beat two teams I hate (Vancouver and St. Louis) so they are natural folk heroes at this point.

#56 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

well, I am hoping somehow someway the Yotes are able to get something going. Whitney has disapeared, LA to big and physical for him?

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#57 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

I really respect how Brown is playing. The dude is out there at 150% the entire game.
I respect him as a captain. Seems like a great leader. Canucks could really use a captain like that, I think.

#58 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

I really respect how Brown is playing. The dude is out there at 150% the entire game.
I respect him as a captain. Seems like a great leader. Canucks could really use a captain like that, I think.

He's been effective no doubt. I think he's almost reacher Sean Avery status the way he gets the coyotes going. Not a fan of his diving or embelishments though.

#59 rocknrolltakeover

rocknrolltakeover
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

He's really playing like a completely different guy right now. Ever since he almost got traded at the deadline, his game turned 180 degrees. He hasn't brought this much energy to the ice for a few years, but he's absolutely been one of the most effective guys in the entire playoffs this post-season.

#60 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

I wouldn't say Brown has done much diving as of lately